Mcgregor Signs For Sevco - Confirmed

Bad move for him, will be one season then he'll not be first choice when they get back to the premier league next year trying to challenge Celtic. Short term financial gain then he'll end up on the scrap heap probably picked up by a mid table championship team after a couple of years. Would probably say he's best going to Hearts Dundee or staying put.

Wouldn't be so sure.

To a club that has never played in the top league?

Indeed. A step down in quality, but also the stature of the respective clubs.

Its actually a wee bit sad to see that Darren's career progression has hit the buffers to this extentsad.png

You surely couldn't see signing for that shower as financial security? They can't look after their own finances.

It's the equivalent of charging a rich but senile old dear £1,000 an hour to mow her lawn for her.

It's socially reprehensible, people will definitely think worse of you for it, and the arrangement could come to an end at any point. But still: a thousand quid an hour to mow a lawn? Might as well give it a go for a bit...

It's the equivalent of charging a rich but senile old dear £1,000 an hour to mow her lawn for her.

It's socially reprehensible, people will definitely think worse of you for it, and the arrangement could come to an end at any point. But still: a thousand quid an hour to mow a lawn? Might as well give it a go for a bit...

Euphemism alert!

Reported on twitter he's off to sevco for £4k a week raising to £6 if they get promotion. Can't help but think they'll hate him, I consider Broadfoot a superior player and they hated him.

What's the chance of him getting a Scotland cap now?

I find that hard to believe, considering he would have earned nowhere near that with us.

No harm to Darren, but I think the bottom 3 or 4 in the SPFL is about his level. He will have to become a good deal more reliable to become a regular for a top 6 side, and I'm a wee bit surprised to see the clamour for him.

The main issue with him going is his replacement could well be an unknown. There don't seem to be many decent centre-halves available in Scotland, so we might end up with a young loanee or lower leaguer from England.

Reported on twitter he's off to sevco for £4k a week raising to £6 if they get promotion. Can't help but think they'll hate him, I consider Broadfoot a superior player and they hated him.

Good luck to him if that's the sort of coin he's going to be making.

If that's the sort of money they are offering him god knows what they are offering McLean, ridiculous.

Cant argue with anyone wanting to earn that sort of money.

Like someone said above though, he is in for a rough ride. Broadfoot was a laughing stock amongst rangers fans and he is/was a far far superior player to Darren.

Shows how messed up rangers are when they are spending these sort of wages on average (at best) players. I find it hard to believe there isnt some youth player at the multi million murray park that isnt superior to Darren.

What a despicable shower of cunts sevco are. Numerous shafted creditors in their wake and they still pay wages like that to mediocre players.

Ah well, Darren, you'll be supping with the Devil, so Hell mend you of it all goes to f**k.

I like how he gets upto £6 if promoted , f**k it they should make it a tenner !

Incidentally , football clubs usually declare their staff wages and contract offers on twitter ..... I mean why use agents & lawyers :D

Good luck to him. Will he pass a medical. I am not sure his fitness is as good as it was. He should be careful about walking from us.

That's a very good point , will he pass a medical I think he might just scrape it but if that was to be the case would Servco still be willing to take that risk.