Mcgregor Signs For Sevco - Confirmed

Why is it so hard to understand that if you are out of contract

and club X (in this case XXX) offer you at least a grand a week more to sign,

you think of your mortgage, bills, holidays, drink fuelled nightclub scraps, family etc...etc

Then sign for them?

Of course his chances of picking up that extra wedge diminish each day... but hey-ho that's the way the sectarian fuelled bigot of a club usually crumbles..!

Cheers Dazzo... thanks for the hair styles big man!

you think of your mortgage, bills, holidays, drink fuelled nightclub scraps, family etc...etc

Then sign for them?

Of course his chances of picking up that extra wedge diminish each day... but hey-ho that's the way the sectarian fuelled bigot of a club usually crumbles..!

It's a real no brainer. I think a few players might turn down the Ibrox shysters if you're only talking about an extra hundred or two a week but who turns down an extra fifty grand a year? Darren more than most knows what it is to face a career threatening injury. Football is a fickle game.

I hope Rangers go bust but until then I hope Rangers and Darren lose every game they play. But how so many of our fans can wish Darren a bad injury is beyond me. I used to think St.Mirren fans had a bit more wit and class about them. It's disappointing.

19 pages of pure pish, about a player who can only be described as a mediocre

injury prone bomb scare, damaged goods to be honest..

Anyway we could soon be thanking him for playing his part in putting the final bullet

into the zombies heid.... 4k-6k a week lol.gif hilarious..

We stood by Darren McGregor for two injury hit seasons and invested a fair bit of money and rehabilitation time with him. He owed St Mirren more than St Mirren owed him, having given him a chance at SPL level in the first place, then showing him loyalty when injury hit not once, but twice.

In buggering off to Sevco, I genuinely do not wish Darren any ill, but nor am I particularly bothered if he does well for them or not. In regard to his knees - I hope his injury woes are behind him, I would never wish anything further to happen to him. If his injury woes are behind him.... he fcuking owes St Mirren FC for that and I hope he never forgets it.

On a personal fitness issue then, good luck to the player. What I do hope happens is that the club he decided to sign for goes tits-up in jig time, just like their previous incarnation. Hopefully sometime soon this season, and then maybe Cowdenbeath would take him back and give him a gig.

No offence son, but the particular bed you have chosen to lie in gives me the dry boak. Thanks to us you have the opportunity to earn a dollar from the Sevco Franchise. Sorry, but I hope it implodes big time like it did before.

Tick bloody tock.

• 1 month later...

St Mirren have had far better centre halfs in the past the Darren and St Mirren have SOLD far better centre backs to Oldco in the past.

Their fans won't see this as a good signing. They no doubt still think that they can afford to get international players from this years World Cup.

He will probably be hounded out of Ibrokes like other players who used to grace the stripes.

I was really pleased that Darren stayed injury free last season - but he is not the player he was in his first season with us. He battled back from two career threatening injuries.

Darren will appreciate just how short a playing career can be, and if he can significantly improve his wages over the next few seasons then his decision.

Darren has gone on record in the past to personally thank all staff at St Mirren for all their help in supporting him through these difficult seasons. He missed out on the League Cup win with us.

He now has the opportunity to play for a club that will give him the chance to win the Ramsdens Cup.

Good luck to him - there would be very few on this forum that would not swap employers if they were offered the chance to triple their wages and receive a hefty signing on fee.

Maybe he will be forced to follow the route of Broadfoot and Adam and be hounded out of Ibrox and end up down south earning even more money.

What we need to do is replace him with someone in the mould of Bobby Reid & Jackie Copland. No-nonsense centre half who can also go up for corners and score goals.

I wasn't around when he played but I've been told about him by Dad and older Brother...notworthy.gif

Then sign for them?

Edit!

Agent McGregor is conducting his mission with complete success!

Ally said........

McCoist blamed "extremely poor" defending for the loss of the two goals, and complained that substitute Darren McGregor had not been in the right-back position quickly enough after replacing Richard Foster immediately after Rangers scored.

Ally said........

McCoist blamed "extremely poor" defending for the loss of the two goals, and complained that substitute Darren McGregor had not been in the right-back position quickly enough after replacing Richard Foster immediately after Rangers scored.

Errm, should McCoist not have sent another player / midfielder over to cover instead of sending the substitute to the furthest corner of the pitch? McCoist is just a poor manager.