Mcgregor Signs For Sevco - Confirmed

I'd like to see him stay, he's still young enough to improve and get more consistency.. would be disappointed to see him leave, but not devastated.

If he goes to Sevco or Hurts however, then I reserve the right to vilify him mercilessly.

A big part of Darren's game was that he could stroll forward with the ball and help create attacks a bit like broadfoot used to. Obviously as we became more defensive and resorted to long ball tactics he was under orders not to do this anymore and became a run of the mill centre half. Maybe with TCs new tactics we'll see the return of the old Darren....if he stays! Edited by Big Yards

Didn't Goodwin talk to Hibs a while back? Doesn't surprise me if McGregor (or anyone) was talking to other clubs. It's what agents and players do. It's modern football and we need to roll with the punches.

I would like McGregor to stay. He's one of our better players and has recovered pretty well from bad injuries. Having met him, he seemed like a good lad too. If he goes though, he goes. Not a lot we can do with agents hawking clients around looking for the best deal.

Personally speaking, if he does go - why hold it against him and say he hasn't shown us loyalty? We got a good player for peanuts from Cowdenbeath and he served us pretty well, despite injury. He's been a success - want me to name some failures we signed since Danny took over?

Best wishes Darren, wherever you end up.

Only concern that I have is that other clubs are on the front foot in the marketplace. i hope we are too.

I wonder how the prospect of being put through training by jim Goodwin will affect the opinion of prospective signings

Only concern that I have is that other clubs are on the front foot in the marketplace. i hope we are too.

I wonder how the prospect of being put through training by jim Goodwin will affect the opinion of prospective signings

I fear we are on the back foot as we have't even heard yet who has accepted (if even offered) new contracts!

Tommy seems to keep thinking it'll keep till he's done the garden and waxed his bowls.

According to interviews with Goodwin he has been part of the training team for the past two years

When has that EVER stopped them?

At the minute the story is that so few season tickets have been sold Rangers can't even repay the loans they took out in the spring to see them through until the summer! If that is anywhere near accurate it will be a long time before they can start offering silly money in wages to out of contract players like McLean or McGregor

The vast majority of centre halves in Scotland are prone to mistakes and inconsistency. McGregor, McAusland, Mair and Goodwin all fall into this bracket as did their predecessors.

If he goes then good luck to him. I don't think we'll struggle to get someone at a similar level.

Never fully recovered after his injuries, was awesome in his first season. Wouldn't be that sad to see him go.

Who exactly are we going to sign that is any better? If he goes I think we are in big trouble and it shows that we are once again going to show a lack of ambition which will result in us being in a relegation fight again.

Our board are probably looking at the league now and saying we can afford to cut back since the 3 bigger teams are in the league below. This is why we are always at the bottom of the league!!

Who exactly are we going to sign that is any better? If he goes I think we are in big trouble and it shows that we are once again going to show a lack of ambition which will result in us being in a relegation fight again.

Our board are probably looking at the league now and saying we can afford to cut back since the 3 bigger teams are in the league below. This is why we are always at the bottom of the league!!

There will be a lot of players out of contract or released. Players come and go and everyone is replaceable. Do you honestly think we cannot bring in a centre half as good as Darren currently is? Who knew about him before Danny brought him to the club? If he leaves then all the best. He is not the player he was in his first season due to 2 horrendous injuries. Keeping him on at the club is also a gamble with the type of injuries he has sustained and the club are showing faith in him if he has been offered a new contract.

So you would rather we keep him and have TWO inconsistent centre halfs ? Our money seemed to be good enough when he was sitting on his arse for months on end,if he wants to go then let him,obviously there will be calls for this "legend" to be given a "Dazza" night but who am i to argue

I do not know where your interests lie in life or what team you support (if any) but you are certianly not a supporter of the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co first team playing squad.

I think the term for such nonsensical behaviour is "troll" as I have seen the word used in various media publications to describe people who mis-use the internet much like yourself and Stuart Dickson.

Grubby, distasteful and unwelcome.

Anyway, in order to raise myself from the low level of the conversation I have partaken of I shall return to topic with

I like Darren McGregor and I do hope he stays but we shall see. In Tommy I trust, trust in Tommy indeed.

What a load of nonsense.

Do you really believe that if McGregor goes we are in big trouble?

When exactly did he become a world beater?

Also I would suggest that todays news we have signed a more than decent goalie, many said was as good as away whistling.gif , shows considerable ambition.

FFS keep your predictions of doom at least until half time of the first friendly.

Edited by faraway saint

What a load of nonsense.

Do you really believe that if McGregor goes we are in big trouble?

When exactly did he become a world beater?

Also I would suggest that todays news we have signed a more than decent goalie, many said was as good as away whistling.gif , shows considerable ambition.

FFS keep your predictions of doom at least until half time of the first friendly.

The way our defence is at the moment I'd say it's very weak, lose mcgregor and it's even worse! we need to strengthen in this area not weaken it

Considering that the manager who brought McGregor to Saints has been stabbed in the back by the new manager, who can blame him for wanting to leave?

The danger with the new management team is that stabbing folk in the back seems to be okay and we now have a 63 year old in charge with minimal actual management experience.

Its a recipe for disaster!

You're starting this one pretty early Andy. Very much looking forward to the stats you produce and how you'll manipulate them to suit whatever argument you're pursuing at that particular time. smile.png

Guest TPAFKATS

You're starting this one pretty early Andy. Very much looking forward to the stats you produce and how you'll manipulate them to suit whatever argument you're pursuing at that particular time. smile.png

I think it'll all be alicsammin's fault whistling.gif

Surprised that Aberdeen, Motherwell, ICT, Dundee United et al are sitting back and watching a cash strapped first division club and ourselves battle it out for his signature. When DL was in charge plenty of people on here said he had a 'top 6 squad' who were underachieving under DL and all that was needed to make us a top 6 team ourselves was a new man at the helm who could get the best out of the existing squad.

McGregor was cited by a few BAWA posters as one obvious example of a top 6 player in the squad who could walk into any top 6 team outside of Celtic. Now he's out of contract with us St Johnstone, ICT, Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc all seem to be missing a trick en masse, along with many bottom 6 teams too!

McGregor is gone - either Hearts or the Zombies, both have made him offers better than we were able to is what I was told today when inside the stadium.

If that's the case then fair doos. As already stated before there's no loyalty in football, however disappointing that may be. He only has a short career to get out of it what he can. McGregor is definitely replaceable and this may be a blessing in disguise.

McGregor is gone - either Hearts or the Zombies, both have made him offers better than we were able to is what I was told today when inside the stadium.

Loads of folk will disagree with me but I would take a fit James McPake to replace him, I thought he was a decent player at the start of his hibs career.

Loads of folk will disagree with me but I would take a fit James McPake to replace him, I thought he was a decent player at the start of his hibs career.

Would be a dreadful signing, he's an utter liability and there is no such animal as a fit James McPake anymore, that particular breed went extinct about 3 and a half years ago.