Carlisle United Vs Saints - Friday 1St August

Murray7

it was mainly just a training game, looked like we were testing out how to keep possession and hit on the break,a few fiery challenges in the first half maybe made the manager tell the players to hold back because the referee was not for booking anyone,i do agree that jim goodwin should stay away from being in the last line of defence because a couple of times he wandered forward and left gaps and he does not have the pace to get back and sort it, one goal from a free kick and another from a blunder by ridgers doesnt have me feeling too concerned because it's next saturday when things start to count

Yes , and next Saturday is unlikely to feature Ridgers or Granny Danger , at all. .

I will be honest I was really disappointed last night. The team looked no where near where they should be the week before the season starts. They were a yard slower than every Carlisle player on the night. John McGinn was horrendous and McLean was terrible defensively although brilliant when we were on the ball. Jim Goodwin doing his usual and he would have been booked maybe sent off for a couple of his challenges however there were a few meaty tackles going in from both sides. Ball and Caldwell never made a dent in the defence.

However we have had a very good pre-season so hopefully it was just a bad night and that performance is out of the way and we are ready for the big one next week.

Obv you were not there, Everybody I spoke to there were all saying good things about him, this coming from someone who has Billy Mehmet as a name, a striker who cant score for any decent team, So I think your judgment is a bit dodgy,

Wylde bet his man but every time his final ball was terrible. Bit once did he find a st mirren player.

The name is just a username nowt to do with who was good in a saints jersey

He won't,he is in his 30s too late to change his game

That's why he's better in midfield protecting the back 4

He wants to play at the back i feel as it's inexperienced but he's a bombscare there

Just sign a fecking centre half so McLean and McGinn can push forward with freedom knowing Goodie behind them and not stuck in defence giving away fouls galore due to impatience

Goodwin sometimes seems to be a liability. I would be happy if we could get shot of him, he seems more intent on causing injury than playing football.

Edited by stevie-dee

However we have had a very good pre-season so hopefully it was just a bad night and that performance is out of the way and we are ready for the big one next week.

I just can't agree that we have had a very good pre-season.

First of all, the programme was the usual uninspired selection of games against unattractive opposition - all strangely arranged away from home. A couple of games in Paisley wouldn't have harmed.

Secondly, the opposition we beat were all second and third-rate sides and, much as they were all "practise session" they were hardly challenging.

Thirdly, the one game we did lose was against a side relegated from English League Division 1 last year, so a piss-poor result in my book.

Why do teams like Dundee and Hearts arrange home games against the likes of Man City, yet we arrange away fixtures against the likes of Blyth Spartans, Albion Rovers and Whitley Bay?

Can you imagine if we actually did organise a pre season game at home - something I'm sure we neglected to do very often in the DL era.

This place would be awash with knicker wetting about - the cost - the crowd - season tickets not being valid - the hospitality - the away fans - who from our support was going or not going - some fans claiming they were better than other fans because they were going- who was saving their money to wait until the real season started - others complaining that they were away on holiday - how shit the strips look in real life - not giving enough under 20 players a start - giving too many under 20 players a start - the trialist was good / pish sign him or don't sign him -complaints that planes couldn't be counted cos the scoreboard was in the way etc!

Yep Dumbarton away for me every time!

Edited by Liverpool Bud

Can you imagine if we actually did organise a pre season game at home - something I'm sure we neglected to do very often in the DL era.

This place would be awash with knicker wetting about - the cost - the crowd - season tickets not being valid - the hospitality - the away fans - who from our support was going or not going - some fans claiming they were better than other fans because they were going- who was saving their money to wait until the real season started - others complaining that they were away on holiday - how shit the strips look in real life - not giving enough under 20 players a start - giving too many under 20 players a start - the trialist was good / pish sign him or don't sign him -complaints that planes couldn't be counted cos the scoreboard was in the way etc!

Think you've about covered everything there. thumbup2.gif

That will be Abby then.

I just can't agree that we have had a very good pre-season.

First of all, the programme was the usual uninspired selection of games against unattractive opposition - all strangely arranged away from home. A couple of games in Paisley wouldn't have harmed.

Secondly, the opposition we beat were all second and third-rate sides and, much as they were all "practise session" they were hardly challenging.

Thirdly, the one game we did lose was against a side relegated from English League Division 1 last year, so a piss-poor result in my book.

Why do teams like Dundee and Hearts arrange home games against the likes of Man City, yet we arrange away fixtures against the likes of Blyth Spartans, Albion Rovers and Whitley Bay?

Dundee supporters were asked to fork out £25 a ticket for the Man City game, for, when you look at it, a meaningless kick about.

Can you imagine the meltdown if we tried the same?

Dundee supporters were asked to fork out £25 a ticket for the Man City game, for, when you look at it, a meaningless kick about.

Aye, my wallet wid melt at the thought of 25 f**kin quid for a jumped up training session.

They need the money to pay McGowan and Harkins wages.