Carlisle United Vs Saints - Friday 1St August

Murray7

That is an appallingly reasonable observation to make...do you not know it's a complete and utter disaster to lose all our pre-season friendlies and equally catastrophic to win all bar one? You'll scare all the doomsday predictors by adding to the voice of the silent majority who think pre-season friendlies are just about sharpness and fitness...

See this is the shite that........................wait, I see what you're doing here. whistling.gif

Just back, pretty poor performance at the back, Its ok playing the ball out from the back if you have players that can pass, but we don't, Some of our passing in midfield was ok, but very lttle at the end of it, McLean Tess and Wylde had a good games, Seeminly Cheesey should be fine on Saturday, if hes not could be a rugby score with Sutton having field day, But lets hope not, Callum ball not fit enough yet but looks a decent player,

We're u at the same game Wylde was rotten final ball every time didn't get past first game and McGinn very poor

Just back, pretty poor performance at the back, Its ok playing the ball out from the back if you have players that can pass, but we don't, Some of our passing in midfield was ok, but very lttle at the end of it, McLean Tess and Wylde had a good games, Seeminly Cheesey should be fine on Saturday, if hes not could be a rugby score with Sutton having field day, But lets hope not, Callum ball not fit enough yet but looks a decent player,

Cheesy fit for Saturday? According to him he was out for about 6 weeks last Monday.

Cheesy fit for Saturday? According to him he was out for about 6 weeks last Monday.

Initial reaction. You never know the extent of the damage til scan results after the swelling goes down.

He txt me last Monday night saying up to 6 weeks if it was his ankle ligaments but hopefully just 2 or 3. Turns out it's just a sprain, hopefully see him next week.

Be a massive bonus if he's available for Motherwell.

Edited by davidg

That's why we need another centre half to come in and play Goodie in his best position

My gut feeling is Goodwin would like to play at CH and in theory he has the attributes to do so, it didn't really work last season and I suppose there a few possibilities for this

• he's wrong about having the attributes to play at CH
  • he's not found the correct partner
  • we've not got the correct replacement for him at defensive midfield

football - easy on paper (or a forum) harder when you're out there doing it for real.

Wasn't there last night but I suppose that was his last chance to get it right at CH in a non-competitive game for now - as ever, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

My main observation on last night is about Goodwin. Yet again for no apparent reason in a friendly he felt the need to commit stupid fouls and go through the back of players. When Will the guy learn?

He's a master at it.

Its still a contact sport (just) and bastard centre halfs booting little shits up into the air is still one of the best bits of the sport.

I actually hate the way football is now and it protects prancers far too much. There was a skill in being able to avoid being utterly howfed by an agricultural defender that has been removed from the game. The tackle from behind should be brought back. It was great.

He's a master at it.

Its still a contact sport (just) and bastard centre halfs booting little shits up into the air is still one of the best bits of the sport.

I actually hate the way football is now and it protects prancers far too much. There was a skill in being able to avoid being utterly howfed by an agricultural defender that has been removed from the game. The tackle from behind should be brought back. It was great.

I agree with Reynard.

(Fuxake. Did I just type that!?)

Goodwin is the no nonsense style of player that Buds have been grumping about needing as centre half.

The tackle from behind is the only way to sort put the cheating prancers who obstruct the ball and don't actually PLAY the game.

They need heavily howfed and/or huckled. :angry:

I hate seeing defenders shield the ball out of play for a bye kick. That's not playing football, that's stopping people playing football.

It's negative, it's cheating.

Yet another reason I am out of love with what was once a beautiful game. :(

My main observation on last night is about Goodwin. Yet again for no apparent reason in a friendly he felt the need to commit stupid fouls and go through the back of players. When Will the guy learn?

He won't,he is in his 30s too late to change his game

That's why he's better in midfield protecting the back 4

He wants to play at the back i feel as it's inexperienced but he's a bombscare there

Just sign a fecking centre half so McLean and McGinn can push forward with freedom knowing Goodie behind them and not stuck in defence giving away fouls galore due to impatience

Initial reaction. You never know the extent of the damage til scan results after the swelling goes down.

He txt me last Monday night saying up to 6 weeks if it was his ankle ligaments but hopefully just 2 or 3. Turns out it's just a sprain, hopefully see him next week.

Be a massive bonus if he's available, for Motherwell.

You should be banning yourself for a statement like that....laugh.png

Thought Plummer played well last night. Confident with good awareness. Wasn't afraid to carry the ball out of defence and went on a few mazy runs. Reminded me a bit of Broadfoot :-)

Also, don't know if he posts on here but thanks again to the bud who gave my son and me comps at the ticket office. Top man!

He was hopeless last night. Not on ball was anywhere near a st mirren player. Don't know what u saw

Obv you were not there, Everybody I spoke to there were all saying good things about him, this coming from someone who has Billy Mehmet as a name, a striker who cant score for any decent team, So I think your judgment is a bit dodgy,

Edited by santaponsasaint

it was mainly just a training game, looked like we were testing out how to keep possession and hit on the break,a few fiery challenges in the first half maybe made the manager tell the players to hold back because the referee was not for booking anyone,i do agree that jim goodwin should stay away from being in the last line of defence because a couple of times he wandered forward and left gaps and he does not have the pace to get back and sort it, one goal from a free kick and another from a blunder by ridgers doesnt have me feeling too concerned because it's next saturday when things start to count

He's a master at it.

As Dargo found out to his cost. whistling.gif