Malware. .

saintnextlifetime

• 1 month later...

just been attacked for the second time on this site by a fake flash player exploit,

luckily avg kicked its butt.

just had a request to update my video player on firefox - it started when i clicked on the world war 3 thread and then went to read the report via the link to sky news, have closed out of firefox and into internet explorer,no prob now but the request pop up would not go away on firefox, i,m keeping out of any links from now on

Got a dialogue box on here that said that I needed to update Adobe Flashplayer . It then tried to install a browser protector call Search Protect from trovi.com. .

My anti-virus protected me . .

Be careful . .

Saw that yesterday too and immediately closed the window.

I was caught out a year or so ago by this. Fortunately Malwarebytes sorted it for me.

Always wary now of any notifications for Adobe and I download from their "official" site.

I've got the free version on my laptop, Rick, and was so impressed with the job it did that I downloaded the Android version for my phone. You have to manually scan once your free trial is up but it's no great hardship - I'll probably buy the full version when my Virgin protection runs out in a few months. The Android version is completely free, btw.

I've got the free version on my laptop, Rick, and was so impressed with the job it did that I downloaded the Android version for my phone. You have to manually scan once your free trial is up but it's no great hardship - I'll probably buy the full version when my Virgin protection runs out in a few months. The Android version is completely free, btw.

You d know you're speaking a different language to Rick?

Translate it into a long winded version, he'll get it then.