Saints 1St Game In Your Lifetime

Saint Mirren 2-3 Airdrie.

Started as they meant to go on! League cup finalists the season before. Fighting relegation the next. Beating Celtic and getting a royal humping from Raith. Still. It gets you used to the peaks and troughs of following the Buddies!

Edited by stlucifer

I was a Ballboy that match and it was f*cking freezing.

The curse of the auto spell check. Takes a legitimate word like bag and changes it to boy. Still, we all knew what you meant Shull.

1st game was a glamour friendly away to York City Aug 71. 2-0 defeat.

Edited by Jumbo Whiffy

This is pretty cool St Mirren beat Dundee United 1 - Nil on the 5th January 1985 one day before I was born... Little known fact but that result was repeated a couple of years later wonder if anyone at all remembers that? thumbup2.gif

We beat Hearts 1 - Nil as well on 12th January 1985 in the first game of my life.

The topic is 1st Saints game played after you were born and not 1st Saints game you attended.

Ah right get you now. Being a "close season" baby my 1st match was a 5v2 home friendly humping by Blackpool 1 August 1968. My 1st match attended was the aforementioned game at Fir Park.

Utter disaster zone for Saints round my DOB. My first game was a draw surrounded by 5 losses and 3 postponements. It was all Gus and Danny's fault.

2-Dec-61 First Division HIBS H L 2-3 P 244 9-Dec-61 Renfrewshire Cup F/1 Morton A - Postponed Pitch unplayable X 16-Dec-61 First Division Third Lanark A L 2-5 P 23-Dec-61 First Division DUNDEE H D 1-1 P 245 25-Dec-61 Renfrewshire Cup F/1 Morton A L 2-3 Rearranged from 9/12/1961 X 30-Dec-61 First Division Dunfermline A. A L 0-7 P 1-Jan-62 First Division KILMARNOCK H - Postponed P 246 2-Jan-62 First Division Falkirk A - Postponed X 6-Jan-62 First Division HEARTS H L 0-1 X

I broke my leg in two places that day while celebrating one of the goals ! :-(

When you say you broke it in two places , was once in Kilmarnock and the other Paisley :P

Ouch ! That sounds painful , it does however remind me when Billy Stark was in with us at tynecastle on terracing in a league game when he had broke his leg ! Not sure of the year but it would of been late 70s early 80s

We horsed the might of Bishopton Amateurs 6-0 in the semi-final of the Renfrewshire Cup on my birthday, going on to beat Morton 3-2 in the final 2 days later.

My first "full" match would have been the 5-2 humbling of Hearts the following Saturday!

How could I not be a St. Mirren fan?!?!