Rory Fallon

billymehmet1

Rory fallon has around 20 caps and has played at a world cup, surely a player like that could never turn out to be a bad signing.........................

Djemba the bunnet had caps and had been to a World Cup, he'll go down as 1 of the worst signings ever.

Space cadet alert !!!!

From Wiki (so it must be true !)Rory Fallon is a Christian who is involved with the charity faith and football. He has revealed that he moves clubs based on what God tells him. He told the Guardian: "One club has come in for me, but I don't feel the Lord wants me to go. I will wait on what the Lord says. I don't feel I have got a clear message to leave yet, so I'm staying. I'm instructed by the Lord, and I keep telling people this. They probably think I'm mad, but I know full well that when Paul Sturrock came in and wanted me to go to Southend I had a dream and the Lord told me to stay at Plymouth

bangin.gif 1eye.gif laugh.png

Space cadet alert !!!!

From Wiki (so it must be true !)Rory Fallon is a Christian who is involved with the charity faith and football. He has revealed that he moves clubs based on what God tells him. He told the Guardian: "One club has come in for me, but I don't feel the Lord wants me to go. I will wait on what the Lord says. I don't feel I have got a clear message to leave yet, so I'm staying. I'm instructed by the Lord, and I keep telling people this. They probably think I'm mad, but I know full well that when Paul Sturrock came in and wanted me to go to Southend I had a dream and the Lord told me to stay at Plymouth

I'm away down to the ground to paint a pentagram on the front of the stadium.............................devil-smiley-029.gif

Edited by FTOF

Of course someone has to sit on the bench. I would disagree 100% with signing a player that is happy to sit on the bench as a back up. Anyone that comes in will know they will have a lot to prove to get a starting position, that's healthy to have in a squad. Someone who signs and is resigned to sitting on the bench not giving two shits isn't good for anyone.

Yeah, but accepting your defined role in the team as the back up striker, for instance, and "not giving two shits" are polar opposites surely?

Space cadet alert !!!!

BURN THE WITCH!

Yeah, but accepting your defined role in the team as the back up striker, for instance, and "not giving two shits" are polar opposites surely?

Yeah I can accept what you are saying. I just feel no one should/want to accept being a back up player. I just don't think it sets the right tone. If a particular player isn't good enough to be first pick then is he worth having at all.

Everyone is different, in my job I wouldn't want to settle at a certain level I would hope to progress and show a bit of ambition.

Competition for places is healthy and will keep everyone on their toes. I know you can't play everyone and that's the whole point in have a squad of players but would hope no one would want to settle to being a back up player.

I'm away down to the ground to paint a pentagram on the front of the stadium.............................devil-smiley-029.gif

The Yanks will hate that. Remember how annoyed they got when the 9/11 guys tried to destroy the Pentagram by flying a jet into it.

None play with two out and out number 9 style strikers the way Thommo plays. If we are going to play 2 strikers it will be someone in the McGowan mould playing behind Thompson.

We need someone who can play the lone striker role like Thommo does, but is willing to accept that he comes as back up.

Liverpool played with Sturridge & Suaez as out and out strikers with Sterling in the McGowan role - although Sterling has pace and played the position entirely differently.

David Villa played off Costa at Madrid while Aguero played off a target man at Man City. These guys didn't play the McGowan role at all.

Edited by Isabella Duke

Just been chatting to me Dons supporting colleague who has confirmed - if confirmation were needed - that Fallon isn't very good.

He did, however, express some disappointment that they had let Vernon go.

Just been chatting to me Dons supporting colleague who has confirmed - if confirmation were needed - that Fallon isn't very good.

He did, however, express some disappointment that they had let Vernon go.

I remember the Falkirk fans assuring us that Higdon was rubbish.

Mind you, I can remember a number of Saints fans also assuring the Motherwell support that Higdon was rubbish!

I remember the Falkirk fans assuring us that Higdon was rubbish.

Mind you, I can remember a number of Saints fans also assuring the Motherwell support that Higdon was rubbish!

Higdon intially wasn't very good for us. It is only after we got rid of wee angry and brought in Daniel Lennon that we really started to see the player he could be.

Higdon intially wasn't very good for us. It is only after we got rid of wee angry and brought in Daniel Lennon that we really started to see the player he could be.

Surely that can't be true. It's well known Danny only ever ruined players. You can't rewrite history!