All Time St Mirren Wasters & Shite Eleven

How can you seriously have Stickroth in that list? Excellent player and we can only hope TC can unearth similar gems

How can you seriously have Stickroth in that list? Excellent player and we can only hope TC can unearth similar gems

Apart from a good cross once and a funny throw in once, he was shite.

Gardner executed a good cross once tae.

Elliot didnae.

Perfect selections Neil, especially the goalie. I was thinking about our Hampden nightmares earlier this morning and Jim Gilmour's dreadful performance away to Queens Park instantly came to mind. He threw two in, i recollect.

One of the great difficulties in providing a list of our all time failures is that so many have escaped the conciousness of the common supporter.

I can picture many player's who were ranker than a rank thing but can I remember most of the names of these people....naw. Why? because they were utter baws.

Some of the names in this thread have sent a few shivers down the old spine. Robert Dawson has not had as much coverage as I would have thought. I always thought that he would have been better playing with a large pair of red shoes on and shouting "honk honk" repeatedly as I regarded him as an absolute clown.

Anyway I repeat.........Gary McVie.

Dawson was very very bad but he kept being selected. He did try very hard but couldnae overcome his shiteness.

Couldnae boo him though.

Yes that is correct, correct indeed.

Utterly gash player who played every bloody week. Always tried hard so I (and many other supporters of our great club) would not boo him but were continually amazed at his ability to draw any sort of wage from a football club.

Tony Fitzpatrick signed two players in his second stint as manager from an amatuer club and played both away versus Falkirk at Brockville. Both were humming and were never seen again. Does anyone remember the names of these two?

I can picture one of them now I think kicking the ball for the one and only time but the names totally esape me, totally escape me indeed.

Yes that is correct, correct indeed.

Utterly gash player who played every bloody week. Always tried hard so I (and many other supporters of our great club) would not boo him but were continually amazed at his ability to draw any sort of wage from a football club.

Tony Fitzpatrick signed two players in his second stint as manager from an amatuer club and played both away versus Falkirk at Brockville. Both were humming and were never seen again. Does anyone remember the names of these two?

I can picture one of them now I think kicking the ball for the one and only time but the names totally esape me, totally escape me indeed.

Klaus Dietrich and Gerhard Fellner?

1 Derek Scrimgeour

2 Bobby Law

3 Mark Reid

4 Neil Orr

5 Lex Baillie

6 Scott MacKenzie

7 Eric DD

8 Kelechi Okorie

9 Steve Archibald

10 Mikael Renfrum

11 David Elliott

clap.gif BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!! lol.gif

• 3 years later...
3 hours ago, shull said:

I cannae think of any shite players we have now,

Maybe a couple who aint brilliant but not shite.

Suppose Duffy's up there with the players to make the smallest impact, but then he didn't really get a game, so to say he was "shite" or a "waster" is probably, harsh, "waste of a wage", maybe, but that was hardly his fault. No way of knowing whether he'd have made the grade or not, just couldn't push Reilly for a place and not many would given the form he was in.

Just noticed though, previous post in this thread was in 2014, we've had PLENTY of guys who could push for a place in the Shitehouse XI since then...

There's a couple of them plying their trade in Dumbarton for a start...