Saints Goals To Treasure

I remember when Alex Miller was in charge we embarked on a 13 ? Match unbeaten run.

This included beating Rangers 3-0 Dundee Utd 4-0 Celtic 4-2 and I think in the Celtic game we were 2-0 down inside 15 minutes and we were 3-2 up at half-time. The 4th goal I think was Fitzpatrick , a screamer from outside the box ( unless I am mistaken )

The thing about St Mirren these days , is regardless of results /performance we no longer seem to fear anyone ! We just play the game ( however good or bad) for ourselves.

I can't wait for the new season to add to our best goals ever !

I remember when Alex Miller was in charge we embarked on a 13 ? Match unbeaten run.

This included beating Rangers 3-0 Dundee Utd 4-0 Celtic 4-2 and I think in the Celtic game we were 2-0 down inside 15 minutes and we were 3-2 up at half-time. The 4th goal I think was Fitzpatrick , a screamer from outside the box ( unless I am mistaken )

The thing about St Mirren these days , is regardless of results /performance we no longer seem to fear anyone ! We just play the game ( however good or bad) for ourselves.

I can't wait for the new season to add to our best goals ever !

The 4th goal was Scanlon, but it was a screamer.

I remember when Celtic went 2 up in that game I feared it was going to be another 7 they were going to take off us, but what a turn around and one of my most memorable St Mirren performances.

In the heady days when the **** couldn't buy a win at Love Street, Peter Mackie simply refused to accept Ally McCoist's late equaliser, and proceeded to burst straight down the middle of the **** to rattle in an even later winner.

This was no mean feat considering the **** had none other than Derek Johnstone at centre half that day.

The 4th goal was Scanlon, but it was a screamer.

I remember when Celtic went 2 up in that game I feared it was going to be another 7 they were going to take off us, but what a turn around and one of my most memorable St Mirren performances.

I was bouncing around in the Northbank back then :) Happy days indeed !

Aberdeen / St Mirren had quite a few player transactions back then.

Ian Scanlon / Peter Weir were welcome additions to our squad.

Does anyone still have the video for Sutton's winner in the 3-2 game against Motherwell, filmed from behind the goals?

What a day that was.

" HIT IT JOHN !!!! "

the 15 minutes or however long it was between the two saints goals v the **** was some of the best stuff I have seen saint mirren play, we were running rings around, rangers did have a man sent off but still the play leading up to the goals was brilliant

Scanlon v Celtic (4-2), Stevie Clarke v Aberdeen (3-0), Walker v Dundee Utd (can't remember the score), Gunni v Celtic (3-0), McGarvey v Slavia Prague (back heel) & Hewitt v Falkirk, I think, (about a million passes).

Every one an absolute belter for different reasons and all bring a smile to my face, particularly the ones where there was no tv coverage.

I love threads like this!

The one that really sticks in my mind was an Iain Munro goal against Celtic's Peter Latchford. IM ran down the left wing (we were attacking the Love St. end) nobody challenging him, he looked up at Latchford and waved his left had at him, saying, come and get it. Latchford took half a step forward and IM belted it left foot of the underside of the bar and in. Must have been 1979-80?

Heres's a few

Stevie Clarke vs Hearts, 6 - 2 game

Stevie Thompson vs Ross County, 5 -4 game

Ian Ferguson vs Aberdeen, midweek 1 nil in 87

Peter Mackie vs Oldco, 2 -1 about 85

John Hewitt vs Falkirk, New Year game, not sure when maybe 93

Guni at Porkheid, midweek game 1 each draw

The one that really sticks in my mind was an Iain Munro goal against Celtic's Peter Latchford. IM ran down the left wing (we were attacking the Love St. end) nobody challenging him, he looked up at Latchford and waved his left had at him, saying, come and get it. Latchford took half a step forward and IM belted it left foot of the underside of the bar and in. Must have been 1979-80?

possibly december 77 . ? 3-3 game . Jackie Copeland sent off for '' punching '' Edvalsson, although his punch was as close as a Bahoken shot

Heres's a few

Stevie Clarke vs Hearts, 6 - 2 game

Stevie Thompson vs Ross County, 5 -4 game

Ian Ferguson vs Aberdeen, midweek 1 nil in 87

Peter Mackie vs Oldco, 2 -1 about 85

John Hewitt vs Falkirk, New Year game, not sure when maybe 93

Guni at Porkheid, midweek game 1 each draw

Ferguson's goal - a volley from the edge of the box after a corner was cleared?

Guni's one - was that when we went one down after a couple of minutes and then he fired home a quick reply with a 25 yard free kick?