Blyth Spartans V Saints......

HSS

Meant to say, I like the look of Hughes. I think he'll get lots of game time this year. Marwood was also good. He's quick as hell, I think we'll be playing a far more direct style this season. McGinn in particular was looking to put it over the top a lot.

Good to hear Marwood looks the part.

Superb hospitality, that free Blyth fridge magnet and emblazoned glass will remind me for years to come.

;)

ETA A draw wouldn't have been grotesquely unfair, hope you get promoted next year.

Edited by TopCat

Not so sure that this is an experimental line up as TC suggested.

That appears to be our strongest line up of players currently available.

Starting line up was;

Kello, Williams, Naismith, McAusland, Plummer, Wylde, Hughes, McGinn, Brown, Marwood, Trialist.

I'd reckon the starting XI at Fir Park would be more like;

Kello, Naismith, Tesselaar, McAusland, Plummer, Goodwin, McLean, McGinn, Wylde, Thompson, Marwood

Obviously that is assuming all those listed are fit, but that isn't a bad looking team to me.

Your wind up's used to be on the side of good , hell knows what's happened to you maybe it's a move to Northern Ireland where you like to now show the Unionist flag.

Have you really turned into an Orange man ?

Deary me.

Orange man?

What a bizarre and nonsensical statement.

:1eye

Getting back to the issue at hand, your lack of faith in the youngsters - who won the game incidentally - is dreadful.

Shame on you.

Deary me.

Orange man?

1eye.gif

Getting back to the issue at hand, your lack of faith in the youngsters - who won the game incidentally - is dreadful.

Shame on you.

Deary me.

Orange man?

1eye.gif

Shame on you.

Andy stop being a tit. I for one take in youth games when I can. Go back and read my posts. Fully support youngsters in the team it has to be a mix. Thankfully something we have seen over the past few seasons.

Poor performance today, we were lucky to get the win in the end. Pass marks for Caldwell and Marwood but the rest were pretty anonymous.

I thought Ball looked okay. Clearly short on match fitness and carrying a bit of weight though. Good pedigree, hope we take another look vs Whitley Bay/Carlisle.

4,000 agaonst Bournemouth and blackburn rovers 5 yrs ago.

Best crowd 43,500 v Wrexham 1978....played at newcastle mind ...but still lol

Wrexhams biggest ever away support of 42500!!!

What was the score?

Remember last year we got beat in just about every pre-season game. Might have been all of them. And it was all doom and gloom. This season we've won them all and guess what? All the usual tossers are at it again. Predictable. Miserable when we get beat and even more miserable when we win.

Remember last year we got beat in just about every pre-season game. Might have been all of them. And it was all doom and gloom. This season we've won them all and guess what? All the usual tossers are at it again. Predictable. Miserable when we get beat and even more miserable when we win.

Yep! Some people aren't happy unless they're moaning and predicting the end of the world.

I'm now at the stage where I am waiting for them to post so I can have a wee chuckle..