Blyth Spartans V Saints......

HSS

during the game yesterday when it went to 2-2 a few of our fans were on the teams back c'mom guys really ! aye sure we want a good winning team when the league starts but these games are for getting fit and trying things out . knickerwetting at its wettest !!

4,000 agaonst Bournemouth and blackburn rovers 5 yrs ago.

Best crowd 43,500 v Wrexham 1978....played at newcastle mind ...but still lol

That 43,500 would have been more had St James' Park been bigger. I know myself and many more were locked out after the ground was full that night. Enjoyed my day yesterday. Particularly sitting in the sun outside the superb social club. Thought Marwood did well in making the 1st then taking his goal really well.

Andy stop being a tit. I for one take in youth games when I can. Go back and read my posts. Fully support youngsters in the team it has to be a mix. Thankfully something we have seen over the past few seasons.

just read your posts again and, yip, you appear to be horrified at the kids in that line up.

the only tit is you!

Remember last year we got beat in just about every pre-season game. Might have been all of them. And it was all doom and gloom. This season we've won them all and guess what? All the usual tossers are at it again. Predictable. Miserable when we get beat and even more miserable when we win.

remember last year when all the happy clapping tossers told us pre season friendlies didn't matter. Now they do apparently. Predictable. Clapping when we lose and don't care when win.

We are now on page 9 of this topic and, sadly, about six pages worth are just school-playground sniping between people who are all (supposedly) supporters of the same team. Pretty sad really.

It,s usually twenty and above pages of the fair you describe, still we haven't drawn or lost yet so we have all the additional pish posts to come!

So it was a good day. The Guinness in the clubhouse was from a can and a charger thing, but it was no bad, couple of pints in Alnwick then Morpeth then quite a few at the ground.

I thought there were a few positives to take from the kick about. John McGinn looked hungry for the ball and was making himself busy, picking pockets in midfield. Gary Teale, when he came on, looked like he was up for a game and I agree with most of the positive stuff on here about us. Not everyone played a stormer but there is a time and a place for criticism, after a pre-season kick about against the equivalent of a junior team is not the time to be calling for people to be stoned to death for not playing as we know that they can. I would have liked to have seen Jim Goodwin on in front of the back 4, I think we would have been pretty watertight then. Even if it would have cost us a few more penalties… whistling.gif

We could have scored a barrow-load if we needed to. It was a good run out, but there was a gulf in class between us and them.

Blyth were very hospitable. Handing out gizzits to the Saints fans who bought tickets for the half time prize draw. So much so that I was tempted to stay behind for the ‘meat raffle’ after the game, but that may have been something to do with the blond barmaid… As it happened we left for more ale.

Can’t make Whitley Bay tonight, but I would expect more of the same.

Surprised no one’s mentioned the lady referee. Ooooooft…! icon12.gificon12.gificon12.gif

Reported - salivating over match officials.

Are we no supposed to boo ?

I can't imagine what it would be like to have a lady ref. In my day you could just about get away with 'Yer baws,Ref! That wiz never oot!' Do you think we'd get away with 'Yer tits,Ref!?'