Mcgregor, Craig & Stevenson

stuman99

I wish TC all the best in the post, and I hope he brings Saints to new heights. However, I'm worried that he might be more interested in the negative aspects of the game. A bit like wee grumpy's approach - grinding out a nil nil draw is success.

Genuine question: what makes you think that?

I wish TC all the best in the post, and I hope he brings Saints to new heights. However, I'm worried that he might be more interested in the negative aspects of the game. A bit like wee grumpy's approach - grinding out a nil nil draw is success.

Certainly in the interviews he gave on accepting the job he suggested the exact opposite.

Are we all making up our minds on how TC will do by imagining the style of football he will play?

I'm going for Holland '74-style total football. Thommo will also score 63 goals, sign a new 25 year deal along with McLean & McGinn & we'll do the treble - winning the league by March. TC must stay!

Can we just scrap the football and do this instead?

Perhaps we are attempting to hold onto McLean and McGinn - both much better options than Stevenson, in my view. Who knows what is going on behind the scenes.

I think we need to settle down a wee bit here. It would be good to get another player or two signed up sooner rather than later, so we know that further progress is being made, but it is early days.

McLean is as good as away, if rangers have offered mcgregor 6k a week then what sort of crazy money are they going to put infront of Kenny? Don't think we have any chance of keeping him drew.

McLean is as good as away, if rangers have offered mcgregor 6k a week then what sort of crazy money are they going to put infront of Kenny? Don't think we have any chance of keeping him drew.

I am not kidding myself on, here. I fully expect him to leave, but the club might be trying to keep him (doubt it after SG's comments on Radio Shortbread, right enough). My main point was that we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Why so be it?

We need to start asking the question why we can never beat any other club to the signing of a player!! Even Partick Thistle are now more attractive and offering a better contract than us!!

Perhaps because the management didn't want him that much?

Perhaps Thistle were desperate for him to fill a real need in the team and we thought he wasn't worth the money and contract that he got from Partick and we could spend it better around the squad. It happens all the time, like Tesselaar when Killie gave him more than we would.

Stevenson will be a good signing for Thistle assuming he stays fit. I was impressed with Thistle in the forward areas last year.

However I reckon used correctly Wylde could be our ace in the pack this year. He can bring us much needed pace alongside Thommo. Saints were very effective when we used Isma and Hasselbank in that role. I don't know why Wylde was not used more often by Lennon given he signed him as a permanent addidition. He seemed to favour on-loan Magennis.

What we have been needing for a few seasons now is two commanding centre halfs, a new playmaker, and another striker.

I hope that we don't go down the loan route this year. There seems to be too many clauses by the parent club.

Still not convinced by Wylde despite his late matchwinners. The general consensus among supporters of his former clubs is that he threatens a lot but comes up with very little , added to the fact that he has the heart of a mouse !

It's a sad day when Partick start beating us for players signature's.

Not really when the length of contract is an issue. We've had enough of paying up contracts in recent years when players faces didn't fit !

Not really when the length of contract is an issue. We've had enough of paying up contracts in recent years when players faces didn't fit !

Exactly. I certainly wouldn't have offered a 2 year deal to a player his age who's been crocked several times in the last season. He was worth the punt of 1 year deal, nothing more.

If Thistle want to take the gamble of giving a long term deal to an injury prone player who will be 30 this year then fair play to them. It's a gamble I'm glad we didn't take.

Well, thats settled then... Going by your form in predictions., this actually means that Kenny is staying.

Wylde is a good impact sub IMO. I'm pretty sure all of his best performances have all been off the bench.

Most times he's started he's either struggled to get into the game or fallen out the game after a reasonably short time.

He's a decent squad player though.

How long has mclean been given to decide on his contract? Will be looking at replacements or will we be going down the gowser/harkins path again?

It will be in the table until he signs elsewhere I'd imagine. If we withdraw it we'd probably forfeit our compensation?

Any chance there's nobody out there willing to part with the £360k or whatever it is compo...?

It will be in the table until he signs elsewhere I'd imagine. If we withdraw it we'd probably forfeit our compensation?

Any chance there's nobody out there willing to part with the £360k or whatever it is compo...?

im still trying to work out where our (almost) £1M went for winning the league cup