The World Cup Gambling Thread

The World Cup brings a welcome fix of football betting in the lull between football seasons.

A wee brother to the usual 'Football Gambling Thread', it's the ideal place to share tips, wins & losses.

With the tournament just around the corner I've been checking out what I fancy having a wager on. And there's some tasty prices to be had!

I'll start it off with this...

Lionel Messi to be top scorer @ 8/1 with Hill's. Available at each way for the top 4 at 1/4 odds. Tempting. Especially when you look at Argentina's group.

I have a feeling this will be Messi's World Cup, and Argentina will win it.

Argentina @ 9/2 to win is also one I'm going to get on.

That'll do for starters!

Guest TPAFKATS

Doesnt seem a lot of value in the outright betting - fancy Argentina to make the final & I thought Chile could do well although they are drawn with Spain & Holland. The runners up in that group then play the winners of Brazil's group...

Top goalscorer - Lukaku at 20/1 might be worth a shout e/w, (the Belgians have Algeria, Russia & South Korea in their group games)

Mibees best to just stick to individual games

place £20 on messi top gs with paddy power. they are giving you a free £5 bet for every goal your pick scores. must be worth a punt when you look at their group.

outright winner, I always go for holland so no change this year £10 placed.

Scotland have won it as often as Holland.

place £20 on messi top gs with paddy power. they are giving you a free £5 bet for every goal your pick scores. must be worth a punt when you look at their group.

outright winner, I always go for holland so no change this year £10 placed.

I've went for £20 on Messi top goal scorer with paddy power, at worst there will be a couple of free bets in it. Edited by Luther G. Presley

My £10 top gs bet went on Higuain @ 20/1 with Bet365 (Corals offering @ 22/1 I believe). Argentina are in a fairly soft group F with lots of goal potential. In qualifying Messi got 10 goals, Higuain got 9, so I reckon he's worth a punt.

I'm not having any bet.

I will predict though that the Tournament will be spoiled by cheating diving jessies and those waving imaginary cards, right from the first match.

I'll end up switching the shite off.

Brazil and Argentina obviously 2 of the favs but I'm surprised with the lack of people mentioning the defending champions and euro champions. Think you can get them at 7/1 which is good odds IMO.

Also France e/w at 25/1 looks good to me. If they win their group they have not a bad route to the semi finals.

Brazil and Argentina obviously 2 of the favs but I'm surprised with the lack of people mentioning the defending champions and euro champions. Think you can get them at 7/1 which is good odds IMO.

Also France e/w at 25/1 looks good to me. If they win their group they have not a bad route to the semi finals.

Ribery is out for France, seriously damaging their chances IMO as he's scored and assisted the vast majority of their goals.