The World Cup Gambling Thread

Advice required,

I have a mate (leave the gags to later) who has an accumulator running with only one game left to win around £1000.

It's the Australia v Spain tomorrow night, Monday.

Every game has to have 3 or more goals.

I am thinking of advising him to lay some of the bet on other results. Put money on 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, and 1-1, as anything else will give him his £1000.

Is this the way to go, and if so so, how much to spend on the other bets?

Or go for 2 or less goals?

Advice required,

I have a mate (leave the gags to later) who has an accumulator running with only one game left to win around £1000.

It's the Australia v Spain tomorrow night, Monday.

Every game has to have 3 or more goals.

I am thinking of advising him to lay some of the bet on other results. Put money on 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, and 1-1, as anything else will give him his £1000.

Is this the way to go, and if so so, how much to spend on the other bets?

Or go for 2 or less goals?

I think 2-0 and 0-2 would need to be covered too which would make 6 bets placed that your mate hopes will all lose. That seems quite a large outlay. Let it ride !

I think 2-0 and 0-2 would need to be covered too which would make 6 bets placed that your mate hopes will all lose. That seems quite a large outlay. Let it ride !

Depends on the original stake but laying £100 on each correct score would result in a minimum £200 profit and best case £1000 profit in a 0-0 draw. Edited by davidg

Another great day for the bookies it would seem.

Teams winning unexpectedly, unexpected scorelines, they're loving it.

And, in Christiano Ronaldo, they've got a real bookies' friend. I've never seen a player so ineffectual on the world's biggest stage. Apart from Wayne Rooney.

Did Ronaldo not provide a brilliant cross for the equaliser? blink.png

While I agree he's not been influential to any great effect I've been of the opinion that the Portuguese team are average to poor since they qualified.

HIs, possibly, one moment of class secured his team a point.

Definitely 6/4 / 7/f generally!

It will be odds-against as, understandably, like your mate, most people will fancy goals! - thus, over 2.5 will be favourite.

Eh, no. Can't believe we're arguing over this.

At the time when I posted last night It was 11/10 for under 2.5 goals Over 2.5 goals was 4/5 and from memory it was 10/11 for over 1.5 goals. This was taken from odds checker.

Time to move on, well done to the guy who had the bet on, I hope he didn't lay the bet in the end smile.png

Edit to add - you posted your link at half time so the odds at that point were in running. If this is when you looked at odds checker there's no surprise that the odds were much better for under 2.5 goals as the score was already 1-0.

Edited by davidg

At the time when I posted last night It was 11/10 for under 2.5 goals Over 2.5 goals was 4/5 and from memory it was 10/11 for over 1.5 goals. This was taken from odds checker.

Time to move on, well done to the guy who had the bet on, I hope he didn't lay the bet in the end smile.png

Not laid off at 10.05am this morning.

Perhaps I should run a poll.

A kinda "Yes" / "No" thingy.

I should print T - shirts and badges.

"What would Alex say" and "What would Alastair say".

Not much time though.

Edited by davidg

Edit to add - you posted your link at half time so the odds at that point were in running. If this is when you looked at odds checker there's no surprise that the odds were much better for under 2.5 goals as the score was already 1-0.

Definitely 6/4 / 7/f generally!

It will be odds-against as, understandably, like your mate, most people will fancy goals! - thus, over 2.5 will be favourite.

Not laid off at 10.05am this morning.

Perhaps I should run a poll.

A kinda "Yes" / "No" thingy.

I should print T - shirts and badges.

"What would Alex say" and "What would Alastair say".

Not much time though.

Apologies to all.

No more late nights for me.

I thought it was for the USA Portugal game bangin.gifbangin.gifbangin.gif

Edited by davidg

Guest TPAFKATS

Did Ronaldo not provide a brilliant cross for the equaliser? blink.png

While I agree he's not been influential to any great effect I've been of the opinion that the Portuguese team are average to poor since they qualified.

HIs, possibly, one moment of class secured his team a point.

Aye, but even Jim Gardner must've put in a decent cross once in a while

Not arguing with anyone!

I have nothing to gain / lose.

It was half-time indeed - in another game.

Assuming you are talking about Spain v Australia - UNDER 2.5 GOALS is 6/4!