Mark Ridgers

Shame that Dilo will, most likely, be away but Ridgers has always been a highly rated keeper. Didnt realise he was 23 mind you.

1 major positive with this signing is that we have the goalie position nailed down ealry, avoiding the farce that was the inexperienced keeper route we went down last summer

Welcome aboard Mark

Welcome to the best club in the world, Mark.

I can understand why Dilo hasn't signed on. He would be pushing for the 1st team position, but Kello would have to get the nod unless injured or experiencing a slump in form. Dilo will reckon he could get 1st team football elsewhere, or, if having to settle for 2nd place, more poppy for taxis.

Ach well. Was hoping Dilo would be back. Good luck to Ridgers though.

I think the fact that Ridgers was offered a 2-year deal might be significant. The club has hopefully learned from not having extended Dilo's contract (or offered him a longer deal in the first instance). In fairness, he might well have been offered an extension during the season but declined to take it up.

I don't understand why we weren't warned about this signing by any of the 'in-the-know' Buddies in the Rumour Mill...?

I don't understand why we weren't warned about this signing by any of the 'in-the-know' Buddies in the Rumour Mill...?

It was you must have missed it. It was bubbling along