Renfrewshire Cup Final.......

HSS

^^^^Got soaked at the game.

TC pretty much summed it up. We looked rusty, they looked shite, but wanted it more. First sight of Caldwell and Marwood was fairly promising. Thought Wylde was our best player. McGinn was quiet by his standards. Like TC not convinced by A Trialist. A little bit harsh on Yacub, he clearly needs games to get up to speed but in spite of being singled out as the weakest link, (like Kelly last year) stood his ground and probabaly just about came out ahead. Brown did ok when he came on.

I see a certain Mr Harkins has scored for Dundee again.

To be fair Tony,he had more than enough chances with us and proved to us the important bits.....

He was F******g useless for us in the main and bone idle lazy as well.

Couldn't care less what he does,not now ,not ever.

He's an Ex Player and one we as a Club are well rid of.

Rant over.......

Full time:

Morton 0-1 St Mirren

Also thought Yaqub had a poor game at left back, .

Certainly in the first half. Was a bit more comfortable in the second half and had his best spell in the last quarter. Could do with a few more games under his belt.

Certainly in the first half. Was a bit more comfortable in the second half and had his best spell in the last quarter. Could do with a few more games under his belt.

Don't want to be too harsh on him, he's a young player making his first start at this level, that was evident. In saying that, I said the same about Sean Kelly in the same fixture last year after Imrie took him apart and he went on to be an established first team player.

Yaqub is our third choice left back, he started because Kelly and Plummer were carrying knocks. He played like a third choice left back, no better no worse.

To be fair Tony,he had more than enough chances with us and proved to us the important bits.....

He was F******g useless for us in the main and bone idle lazy as well.

Couldn't care less what he does,not now ,not ever.

He's an Ex Player and one we as a Club are well rid of.

Rant over.......

Apart from the attributes you mention , his attitude was also fucking honking. .

Even to the extent that , when we scored his head went down and there was no hint of a celebration . That just couldn't happen. .

Don't want to be too harsh on him, he's a young player making his first start at this level, that was evident. In saying that, I said the same about Sean Kelly in the same fixture last year after Imrie took him apart and he went on to be an established first team player.

Yaqub is our third choice left back, he started because Kelly and Plummer were carrying knocks. He played like a third choice left back, no better no worse.

I thought Mo done well in the 2nd half, Was a bit shaky the 1st half, but it was his starting debut, Great to see young Adam Brown play the 2nd half, A real good young talent, Excellent in the U20s, All in All is was a typical pre season game, But was a good work out for a lot of the first team, Seen the big trialist twice now and he's done ok, Whether he gets a contract or not no idea.

I was impressed with Adam Brown at Coatbridge and when he came on for the 2nd half yesterday. Looks composed, can run with the ball, makes some nice passes and isn't afraid to shoot. It's early days for him but he's done well.

I agree, that's the first I have seen the young lad and he looked good, certainly worth a couple run outs pre season. Thought Marwood looked quite mobile and if we do play two up front think he will keep defences occupied, Caldwell looked OK as we'll not a world beater but no worse than any of the "back up" strikers we have had in recent years and he looked to have a bit or power and pace about him... Early days though.

I thought Mo done well in the 2nd half, Was a bit shaky the 1st half, but it was his starting debut, Great to see young Adam Brown play the 2nd half, A real good young talent, Excellent in the U20s, All in All is was a typical pre season game, But was a good work out for a lot of the first team, Seen the big trialist twice now and he's done ok, Whether he gets a contract or not no idea.

Yacub had a hand in the goal to. Yes he did get caught in possession but he usually dug it out again. He was a little unaware at times but that will come. I can see him playing a few games this season.

First time I've seen them this pre-season, I was impressed by both Marwood and Caldwell, Marwood was particularly good and already seems to have formed a strong understanding with the team, most notably Gregg Wylde, they had 3 or 4 clever exchanges, one of which led to the goal.

I liked the look of Brown in the 2nd half too. A lot of confidence on the ball for such a young guy. Made a couple of Andy Dorman style late runs into the box, very promising.

I'd like to see the trialist again, but, being his 2nd trial match, I'm guessing yesterday was more or less make or break for him. Looked accomplished on the ball, good control, 2 footed passing. Wasn't stretched too much defensively but lost out in a couple of arial battles with Barrowman.

A nervous display from Mo Yacub, but still showed some nice touches and a good bit of dig, I'm sure he'll feature a fair bit this season.

Lastly, I'm not Cheesy's biggest fan sometimes, but he looked 10 feet tall wearing the armband yesterday, and played brilliantly. The long drilled pass he played along the deck for Marwood in the first half was exceptional.

Edited by Saint Garf