Farewell To Rick Mayall

Russian Saint

Perhaps you were thinking of Naked Video, the Saidwell (Shadwell) Welsh Poet character performed by John Sparkes on BBC 2 Scotland 1986 - 91

http://youtu.be/yqMTtd4dl8U

The Kevin Turvey character was from BBC Scotland's Comedy Unit produced 'A Kick up the Eighties' filmed in and around Queen Margaret Drive, Comedy Unit writer/producer Colin Gilbert, a good St Mirren supporter and West Bank regular had a big hand in that series and Not the 9 o' Clock News.

Perhaps you were thinking of Naked Video, the Saidwell (Shadwell) Welsh Poet character performed by John Sparkes on BBC 2 Scotland 1986 - 91

I refer you to post #16 and the post above, my genius friend.

Shadwell was Welsh.

Edited by Vambo57

Andy - despite all your different aliases most people had you down as male.

Or is that really short for Andrea?

FFS Home Econmomics - that explains a lot.

Jings In my day it was Metal work with mad mental Mr Cosh and his mentor (partner in crime) Mr Dargan.

First year in my day everyone had to do home economics.

You're obviously a lot older than me...

Most classes degenerted into food fights and bags of flour being thrown over folk.

I absolutely loved the Young Ones - it was absolutely brilliant and for me stood way above everything else he did.

I especially liked the idea of having bands play including

Madness

and Motorhead

There was a discussion just finished on Jeremy Vine show about Rik Mayall.

Some interesting pieces about the impact of his quad bike accident and the after effects of the Traumatic Brain Injury sustained.

Speaking from personal experience I'm not surprised to hear that this brain injury affected his life and personality.

RIP Rik - you absolute bastard

I read somehwhere that the reason they had bands is because it allowed the programme to qualify as a "variety" programme and therefore get the funding they needed to do it.

I agree that the Young Ones was his best work. I used to watch the videos over and over again and never ever get tired of it. Even today, I will get into fits of laughter watching it.

Most classes degenerted into food fights and bags of flour being thrown over folk.

I took home eck as an alternative to Art Appreciation in 3rd and 4th years, to fill up my timetable. That's where I learned to cook and bake, and I'm a damned sight better cook than my wife.

Wish i'd done Home Economics.

Home Deliveries urnae cheap.

• 4 weeks later...

Wasnt too keen on The Young ones, He was really good in Bottom, I should tell Miss Saint that even though I cant see her, I bet shes got a smashing blouse on!

All right, I give in. I'm sure Miss Saint has some gorgeous blouses but what am I missing here?