Terry Butcher Sacked - Merged Threads.

alanmurray24

I reckon he would have been a good manager to get Hibs back up.

He relegated Inverness and then promoted them the following season so he at least he has the experience.

One thing he certainly brings to the Scottish game is his passion for the game. We certainly could do with his experience of setting up a system down south for scouting players.

Inverness actually had a full time scout sourcing talent such as Billy McKay and it has paid dividends.

Hibs though are just a clusterf**k of an football club.

I think the scout you're talking about went with Butcher to Hibs so they might benefit yet.

Hibs really are in one heck of a state.

I can't help but feel that Butcher has been the sacrificial lamb offered to protesting Hibs fans wanting Petrie out.

Hibs had spent the last 2 seasons being saved from the threat of relegation by Leigh Griffiths goals... aside from 1 player the team looked rank under Fenlon and this year they had to do without Griffiths. Butcher has shown over the piece he has a decent enough track record at SPL level and got ICT straight back up after being relegated with them. I think his big mistake at Hibs (if it was down to him rather than the board being stingy) was not bringing some of his own signings in January. It sounded like he had decided that a lot of Fenlon's signings were not up to scratch and had signalled there was going to be a clear out in the summer but then ended up having to rely on players he had decided had no future at the club.

What makes no sense is why they have waited until a few weeks after relegation to sack him. They let him decide to release 14 players about a week ago and guys like Kevin Thomson and James McPake who you would fancy to do well in the championship have now found other clubs. While other championship clubs are working away on signings Hibs will lose a few weeks finding a replacement manager.

I had reckoned that if they had kept Butcher and let him bring in his own signings then Hibs would have been my favourites to come up out of them, Sevco and Hearts.

Hibs really are in one heck of a state.

I can't help but feel that Butcher has been the sacrificial lamb offered to protesting Hibs fans wanting Petrie out.

Hibs had spent the last 2 seasons being saved from the threat of relegation by Leigh Griffiths goals... aside from 1 player the team looked rank under Fenlon and this year they had to do without Griffiths. Butcher has shown over the piece he has a decent enough track record at SPL level and got ICT straight back up after being relegated with them. I think his big mistake at Hibs (if it was down to him rather than the board being stingy) was not bringing some of his own signings in January. It sounded like he had decided that a lot of Fenlon's signings were not up to scratch and had signalled there was going to be a clear out in the summer but then ended up having to rely on players he had decided had no future at the club.

What makes no sense is why they have waited until a few weeks after relegation to sack him. They let him decide to release 14 players about a week ago and guys like Kevin Thomson and James McPake who you would fancy to do well in the championship have now found other clubs. While other championship clubs are working away on signings Hibs will lose a few weeks finding a replacement manager.

I had reckoned that if they had kept Butcher and let him bring in his own signings then Hibs would have been my favourites to come up out of them, Sevco and Hearts.

Totally agree with your post. I liked Butcher, as a player, a manager and by all accounts a good guy.

He must have had targets either lined up or on the radar after letting so many go. How can Hibs attract players until the players in question know who the new manager will be.

Very strange. Good luck Terry Butcher.

And football management is a piss easy job.

Most failures walk away with pockets full of money.

How much did oor Danny walk away with? Hee haw. Unfair when you consider the job he did for is compared to the likes of Moyes and Butcher who left a mess but walked away well rewarded.

How much did oor Danny walk away with? Hee haw. Unfair when you consider the job he did for is compared to the likes of Moyes and Butcher who left a mess but walked away well rewarded.

Danny wasn't a failure.