Responses To Brian Caldwell Updates

I've started regular email updates from Brian which I have been tweeting out on the @bawarmy twitter feed. I thought I'd use this thread to keep the forum users updated with what's been said.

So here is today's update;

Ryan Stevenson

We did have talks with the player and made him an offer. Unfortunately he elected to sign for Partick Thistle.

Darren McGregor

Rangers were in touch a while back indicating they were going to speak wtih Darren. Club expects him to sign on at Ibrox shortly, think he is there for a medical today.

John McGinn

There have been no fresh bids from Sheffield Utd for the player.

Kenny McLean

Contract offer remains on the table, club are waiting to hear back from the players reps.

Season Tickets

We have sold 2150 so far which is ahead of this time last season. In total we had 2700 last season but there are plenty of new sign ups, especially in the family section so hopeful of breaking last seasons total.

General

Jim & Gary have been away on holiday, back now and meeting up with Tommy today for a progress update on player recruitment. There is a long list of targets and these are being pursued. The point was made that English players are all contracted until 30th June so there will not be much movement from South of the Border until July.

So there you go. I will post updates to this thread as and when I get them. Sure there isn't much above you didn't already know but at least you know 100% that it's accurate !

If it is OK to add some questions, then please ask him:

- Do the club have any plans to provide a club shop this season?

- Do the club have any plans to better promote the use of the car park (especially for away fans)?

- Will there be a Fans Open day as part of the Pre-Season preparations to help promote the club within the community?

- Are there any current plans to develop the Void?

- Will the new screen be installed in time for start of the season?

I will ask those questions mate. Please don't all bombard me with stuff though, I'm supposed to be working :-)

Thanks for this Div.

Thank Brian mate, he's really keen to keep the fans informed on stuff but I think he's spinning so many plates that he struggles a bit. I'm trying to help out by promoting the club as much as I can through the website and on twitter. Want to really push it on this season if I can !

In response to the questions above, and don't expect an answer back this quickly all the time !

Do the club have any plans to provide a club shop this season?

Yes expect an announcement soon...

Do the club have any plans to better promote the use of the car park (especially for away fans)?

Open to suggestions on how we can do this better. We charge £4 on matchday and we do advise the visiting clubs about this.

Will there be a Fans Open day as part of the Pre-Season preparations to help promote the club within the community?

Yes considering having an open day at Ralston and possibly one at the stadium too (doing this with fans Council)

Are there any current plans to develop the Void?

Yes, looking at stage 1 just now....

Will the new screen be installed in time for start of the season?

Groundworks scheduled for next week and screen installation w/c 23rd June..

Thank Brian mate, he's really keen to keep the fans informed on stuff but I think he's spinning so many plates that he struggles a bit. I'm trying to help out by promoting the club as much as I can through the website and on twitter. Want to really push it on this season if I can !

Well, thanks to both of you in that case.

ETA: minor point - why Rumour Mill?

Edited by Drew

Some positive signing news will help them sell season tickets, the club could really do with a lift soon.

I'm going to pre-empt Brian's response to that one by confirming that it already has one in the main entrance concourse, to the left of the main doors.

Regarding the car park, the information isn't exactly handy on the site. Perhaps the club could even float the idea of an around the grounds section on the SPFL site.

Do we include details of the car park availability on our tickets? If not, it should be clearly marked in BOLD RED LETTERING so the away fans can easily see it.

Some positive signing news will help them sell season tickets, the club could really do with a lift soon.

Season ticket sales are going well regardless.

I don't think its time to panic yet. Brian mentioned the contracts expire on the 30th of June down South. Still very early .

Our rivals have signed a couple of players but in all honesty we haven't missed out on much. Decent chance Thistle could get stung offering Stevenson a 2 year deal in the same way we have been stung offering 2 dear deals to duds/injury prone players.

In which corner will this be constructed ?

Corner of Main Stand and North (away) Stand I think.

ETA: apologies - I had started post then got distracted. Bloody work!

Edited by Drew