Responses To Brian Caldwell Updates

We wont make big signings until players have finished their world cup commitments.

is djemba djemba coming back?..... Haven't watched the cameroon game yet but i assume eric was there, thats why he came to paisley isn't it ?

Brian, is there any truth to the rumour that one of the reasons we did not re-sign Dilo is due some to disciplinary problems, including trashing the flat the club got him?

It has been said we offered him a contract but he never got back to us.

At least Brian Caldwell is honest with his answers as it's showing we are cost cutting

No problems as we wasted too much last season with signings.

I hope we sign players who are suited to the system they have in mind instead of the panic buys of last season

Yes. Especially if we could get as high as 7 figure sums for them if we a) could keep a hold of them and cool.png sell them on rather than surrender them to shitty bosmans clinging to the hope of a development fee.

Many on here bang on about having the youth facilities and up and coming talent but whats the point if we dont reward them with contracts longer than a year or at the most 2.

Players like mcginn and mclean only come once a blue moon just ask hamilton. The only difference is they got their reward as they identified the talent and made appropriate sums of money for them.

On to the signings my answer would be yes again. If they are good enough and money shouldnt be much of a worry as a few decent earners wont be here next season.

I have some sympathy for your view about making money out of our youngsters but that is a HUGE gamble to offer kids 3 year contracts.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what we gave McGinn and some others.

Whether they accept extensions to that is another matter.

All of this comes down to hard cash.

What do you think Tommy's budget is?

How much has he been or should be told he can spend on wages each week do you reckon?

I don't understand this mentality.

We simply do not have mega-rich owners. The current BoD have transformed a club at risk from going into administration/liquidation to running pretty much break even year on year.

They have earned the right to decide how the operating expenses are distributed. I'm pleased to see that the foreign training trip has been cancelled this year, as it is just another major expense when we have quality facilities at our training facility.

In the time they have been in control we have won the Div 1 twice, Challenge trophy and League Cup - there are two clubs 7 miles west and east who have boards who have been willing to speculate and both are running at significant losses year on year which could result in administration or liquidation.

Neither of those two clubs are currently in the top league and neither have won any major domestic honours in recent seasons.

I must stress if YOU want to change this "penny-pinching" approach then I'm sure Bryan McAusland would be more than happy to meet you.

Exactly.

How can a club like ours 'penny pinch'?

What goes in goes out. The more that comes in, the more that goes out. Simple economics really.

You reckon we should pay players far greater than £1000 per week to kick a football?

On gates of about 4000?

And then you call those who won't finance that utter lunacy f**king idiots?

I'm sorry but lol.gif

You clearly have no grasp of modern football if you don't think we're already paying players more than 1k a week.

What business is that of yours?

Just because they play football, doesnt give you the right to know how well covered they are against injury

It's a question I want to ask, is that okay God?

It was published in the past when Jimmy Bone reported that the fact the club had stopped paying insurance premiums for the players, was leading to signing targets turning him down as they felt it lowered their basic wage paying their own. Is this still the case are players going elsewhere because of this?

Also McGregor is getting a lot of flak because the club stood by him and he has left, did the club or was it the insurance company paying his wages and a nice guy who did all he could for the club is getting all sort of morons wishing him ill and commenting on his parents.

Edited by Iamhammer

It's a shame a question & answer thread has been hijacked by ill- informed , abusive posts & debate.

The rest of the forum can be used for this , this should be left purely as intended for questions & answers.

This thread could answer questions and reduce the need for pointless speculation & abuse.

It's a question I want to ask, is that okay God?

It was published in the past when Jimmy Bone reported that the fact the club had stopped paying insurance premiums for the players, was leading to signing targets turning him down as they felt it lowered their basic wage paying their own. Is this still the case are players going elsewhere because of this?

Also McGregor is getting a lot of flak because the club stood by him and he has left, did the club or was it the insurance company paying his wages and a nice guy who did all he could for the club is getting all sort of morons wishing him ill and commenting on his parents.

The question about injury insurance is perfectly valid. I doubt footballers go down to half pay and zero pay so would be interesting to know if the full wage is met by the club.

As for the insurance you mention in the past, I'm pretty sure this was health cover. The club decided to stop health insurance and just pay for operations etc as they came along.

Edited by Thorizaar

It's a shame a question & answer thread has been hijacked by ill- informed , abusive posts & debate.

The rest of the forum can be used for this , this should be left purely as intended for questions & answers.

This thread could answer questions and reduce the need for pointless speculation & abuse.

Gies a signing!!!

Exactly.

How can a club like ours 'penny pinch'?

What goes in goes out. The more that comes in, the more that goes out. Simple economics really.

Wasn't the case last year, must've made some extra money from winning the league cup yet we had a mass clear out, bringing in around half the number of players we let go.

Our club doesn't work like that, our fans seem to think of we sell McLean, McGinn most of that money will be reinvested in the playing staff! There is no way that'll happen so as a supporter I'd rather just keep them since we never benefit from any income anyway!

Wasn't the case last year, must've made some extra money from winning the league cup yet we had a mass clear out, bringing in around half the number of players we let go.

Our club doesn't work like that, our fans seem to think of we sell McLean, McGinn most of that money will be reinvested in the playing staff! There is no way that'll happen so as a supporter I'd rather just keep them since we never benefit from any income anyway!

How often can you say it - the BoD spend just about every pound the club makes and I'll be surprised if the figures for the Financial Year ending May 2014 show any difference although I personally hope they cut the player budget to shreds and blow it all on cocaine & hookers for this years AGM! king.gif

We should be building partnerships with the local college and university to actively encourage students to get involved with the club to develop hospitality, marketing, and administration.

This probably won't happen until new owners with fresh ideas come in and want to move the club forward.

Both the college and uni. already have some involvement in club.

Its the University I'm sure that is helping fund scoreboard, correct me if I'm wrong.

Where do you think the extra money went then?