Responses To Brian Caldwell Updates

I be willing to bet you that Wishaw Sports Centre was funded via grants and council funding or did they follow the Business School of El Dicko ideology?

We don't have the space for ANOTHER 11-a-side pitch. In case you are not aware the primary function of St Mirren Park is to provide a stadium for the team.

This stadium is UEFA compliant. It meets our needs perfectly and the Dome is a Community led extra facility.

Perhaps over time we might build another larger dome across the road on the ground that Stewart Gilmour owns just to enrage you even more.

We could call it the Dick-o-Dome.

I'm sure the BoD have learned a great deal about this installation. I'm sure they have learned a great deal from being the first club in Scotland to have such a facility.

At this years AGM I will ask for feedback on how successful it has been from a business perspective. No one is saying it is a perfect solution, but it certainly seems to be delivering added value.

Perhaps it runs at break even. Even if it was running at a slight loss, the club will realise that there is significant value add within the community that cannot be measured. If you ever get a chance to witness the community group called the Monday Marvels you will see exactly what this Dome is delivering within OUR community.

I really think you should go seek professional help about your resentment and hatred of St Mirren and the current owners.

I dare say Wishaw Sports Centre did indeed get grants. Given it is run by NLL Trust - a not for profit organisation run for the benefit of the community - I'd say it's probably a deserving recipient. It's also a floodlit 11-a-side 3g pitch, something we are crying out for all across the country. I've no idea if the grants came from Sports Scotland or from the SFP but either way it's a much more deserving project that putting a tent over a single seven a side pitch.

I know perfectly well that St Mirren don't have space on their land for an 11-a-side pitch - that's why the project shouldn't have been given SFP funding. The country needs 11-a-side 3g pitches, and St Mirren couldn't deliver that. So St Mirren shouldn't have been granted funding. If the board were desperate to have this tent they could have paid for it out of the clubs playing budget. After all they wasted more than the SFP grant on wages for each of the players like Gary Harkins, Adam Campbell, Gary Grainger, Stephane Bahoken, etc, etc. Simply doing without one of those players for the season would have meant the project could have been self funded yet instead they've conned SMiSA into giving them a loan.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I dare say Wishaw Sports Centre did indeed get grants. Given it is run by NLL Trust - a not for profit organisation run for the benefit of the community - I'd say it's probably a deserving recipient. It's also a floodlit 11-a-side 3g pitch, something we are crying out for all across the country. I've no idea if the grants came from Sports Scotland or from the SFP but either way it's a much more deserving project that putting a tent over a single seven a side pitch.

I know perfectly well that St Mirren don't have space on their land for an 11-a-side pitch - that's why the project shouldn't have been given SFP funding. The country needs 11-a-side 3g pitches, and St Mirren couldn't deliver that. So St Mirren shouldn't have been granted funding. If the board were desperate to have this tent they could have paid for it out of the clubs playing budget. After all they wasted more than the SFP grant on wages for each of the players like Gary Harkins, Adam Campbell, Gary Grainger, Stephane Bahoken, etc, etc. Simply doing without one of those players for the season would have meant the project could have been self funded yet instead they've conned SMiSA into giving them a loan.

Did you know...?

Underneath the dome there lies a 3g pitch...!

And floodlights..!

Its a shame the SFP grants are pissed away with the howling wind in Lanarkshire on projects where everyone gets cold, wet and wind buffered.

But hey-ho we can't all be as smart as those guys in Paisley!

That is way over the mark - I am now taking FTOF's advice and putting you on ignore as your petty bitterness knows no ends. No one was conned, no rules were broken and no money was obtained under false pretences as the word conned insinuates. I would be interested to hear any SIMISA members take on that statement as that is sailing way to close to the wind for my liking on a public forum.

You've deliberately changed the true meaning of that phrase just to cover your embarassment at me turning down your attempts to "fluff the oakster".

Do you have some friends or relatives who can comfort you at this difficult time?

Click on the link ya throbber. For someone who seems to think he's some sort of intellectual you don't have make yourself look thick. clap.gif

Latest update in from Brian currently holidaying in Spain....

"Woke up and ma mooth felt like a camel drivers y-fronts!

Way, way too much Sangria and Sambucca chasers last night.

Funny aw the pubs were empty, but i still got flung oot of wan over some sort of misunderstanding when ordering some scran..!

The big chef radge. Went ballistic when I told him his chilli was a winner..!

Got me scunnered

dare say Wishaw Sports Centre did indeed get grants. Given it is run by NLL Trust - a not for profit organisation run for the benefit of the community - I'd say it's probably a deserving recipient. It's also a floodlit 11-a-side 3g pitch, something we are crying out for all across the country. I've no idea if the grants came from Sports Scotland or from the SFP but either way it's a much more deserving project that putting a tent over a single seven a side pitch.

Ironic isn't it that your ex wife is only now getting a good boabying despite having lived with such a huge knob for all those years?

And since you are flinging muck around DickyBoy, how is WW going for you these days?

Loose lips DickyBoy, loose lips.

Ironic isn't it that your ex wife is only now getting a good boabying despite having lived with such a huge knob for all those years?

And since you are flinging muck around DickyBoy, how is WW going for you these days?

Loose lips DickyBoy, loose lips.

I've no idea what you are getting at. Wishaw Wycombe is going great. We won our league, sent two more players to pro youth, have a squad of 22 for next season and we look like a damned good football team. If you've got an allegation to make, get it made. :rolleyes:

That is way over the mark - I am now taking FTOF's advice and putting you on ignore as your petty bitterness knows no ends. No one was conned, no rules were broken and no money was obtained under false pretences as the word conned insinuates. I would be interested to hear any SIMISA members take on that statement as that is sailing way to close to the wind for my liking on a public forum.

OK I'll accept SMiSA were not conned. I'm not a member so I've no idea what information was put before them. However SMiSA has always stated that it's aim was to obtain shares in the club to put members on the board. This soft loan did nothing to advance their aim what so ever. Instead it potentially added value to the consortium's shareholding and pushed SMiSA's goal further out of reach.

If they weren't conned they were damned naive.

I've no idea what you are getting at. Wishaw Wycombe is going great. We won our league, sent two more players to pro youth, have a squad of 22 for next season and we look like a damned good football team. If you've got an allegation to make, get it made. :rolleyes:

Absolute belter from the king of spin and half truths.

Still didn't answer the question, which i expected.

Just one more question-How do you type AND rip the heid off it at the same time? Quite a skill and to be applauded.

Absolute belter from the king of spin and half truths.

Still didn't answer the question, which i expected.

Just one more question-How do you type AND rip the heid off it at the same time? Quite a skill and to be applauded.

I didn't think I needed to answer your first question and I'm 100% certain I answered your second question completely and honestly.

I have absolutely no idea what you are attempting to insinuate about Wishaw Wycombe. If there is an issue there I'd love to know about it. Feel free to PM me if you like. Certainly so far as my involvement with Wishaw Wycombe is concerned things are moving along nicely. The 1998's won our league title; we also won the plate tournament at Carbrain; two of our players left us this season to sign pro youth with Clyde; and we've been busy signing up our squad for next season which looks as strong as I've ever seen it. As well as all of that the 98's were given a new first team strip for free thanks to our involvement with Uhlsport, and our goalkeeping coach was offered a sponsorship contract - similar to those offered to professional goalkeepers - by Kitmania who want to supply him with a budget for him to use to get goalkeeping equipment. To answer your question as directly and as honestly as I possibly can - for me at WW things are going swimmingly - better than ever before and I couldn't be happier.

I didn't think I needed to answer your first question and I'm 100% certain I answered your second question completely and honestly.

I have absolutely no idea what you are attempting to insinuate about Wishaw Wycombe. If there is an issue there I'd love to know about it. Feel free to PM me if you like. Certainly so far as my involvement with Wishaw Wycombe is concerned things are moving along nicely. The 1998's won our league title; we also won the plate tournament at Carbrain; two of our players left us this season to sign pro youth with Clyde; and we've been busy signing up our squad for next season which looks as strong as I've ever seen it. As well as all of that the 98's were given a new first team strip for free thanks to our involvement with Uhlsport, and our goalkeeping coach was offered a sponsorship contract - similar to those offered to professional goalkeepers - by Kitmania who want to supply him with a budget for him to use to get goalkeeping equipment. To answer your question as directly and as honestly as I possibly can - for me at WW things are going swimmingly - better than ever before and I couldn't be happier.

Fascinating, now run along and post in a forum that gives a f@ck.

FFS! This thread which started off in the first few pages giving great info and updates from Brian Caldwell. I turned to it tonight after a couple of days of not looking at it only to find that as usual some knob has taken it over to espouse his own bitter, anti-everything St Mirren agenda. Please can everyone start ignoring such poorly executed trolling by this individual and allow various threads on this forum to return to discussing items related to their title and not be sidetracked into darkest Lanarkshire?

He is partly to "blame" but he's getting far too much attention.

FFS! This thread which started off in the first few pages giving great info and updates from Brian Caldwell. I turned to it tonight after a couple of days of not looking at it only to find that as usual some knob has taken it over to espouse his own bitter, anti-everything St Mirren agenda. Please can everyone start ignoring such poorly executed trolling by this individual and allow various threads on this forum to return to discussing items related to their title and not be sidetracked into darkest Lanarkshire?

Indeed, no point greetin about him, I don't have him on ignore but I don't bother with the majority of his posts as he'll argue black is white (See what I did there) but the consistent wasteful efforts to answer him just make it worse.

I blame everyone else. whistling.gif

Does anyone know when Brian returns from his holiday as I would like too know what is happening on the transfer front with regards to who is going out and who the club are trying to bring in.

Not sure what flight he is on, but I'm guessing reading this thread he wishes he was on MH370....