Responses To Brian Caldwell Updates

I had heard Newton's did have a clause, but then again it could be a gentleman's agreement. Not using him would probably rule out future loans, though I'm sure TC could smooth things over.

I was under the impression that if Newton didn't play, we had to pay his wages and vice versa which would perhaps get over the appearance requirement rules mentioned.

I was wondering if the club could confirm whether any loan deals had/will have clauses built into them stipulating that the player must feature X amount of times during the season, if fit?

This has never been the case in any loan deal I have done, and hasn't even been informally discussed with the parent club in any deal. We would never agree to such a stipulation.

Conor Newton's loan deal was identical to that of Adam Campbell apart from the name, address and DOB. No clauses.

I was wondering if the club could confirm whether any loan deals had/will have clauses built into them stipulating that the player must feature X amount of times during the season, if fit?

This has never been the case in any loan deal I have done, and hasn't even been informally discussed with the parent club in any deal. We would never agree to such a stipulation.

Conor Newton's loan deal was identical to that of Adam Campbell apart from the name, address and DOB. No clauses.

Much appreciated Div.

ETA: and Brian (I'll get the hang of this yet!)

Edited by Drew

Damnit, I was assuming Lennon was forced to play him...oh wait, not the place. :-)

I thought lovestreet did the communications and updates from the Club.

Has he been fired ?

Was not that funny that it needed repeated.

Div Can you ask if the club have insurance to cover the players wages in the case of long term injury or do the players have to obtain their own cover ?

Was not that funny that it needed repeated.

Div Can you ask if the club have insurance to cover the players wages in the case of long term injury or do the players have to obtain their own cover ?

Sorry boss, didnae realise that i'd posted twice.

Also, didnae realise that i wisnae funny thumbdown.gif

Just as well your here to cheer the Forum up thumbup2.gificon12.gif

I'm just confused how tommy Craig said in May he was hoping to get all deals sorted before end of June as he wanted to get a holiday in to see family now we're saying nothing is being started until the end of June? Does this mean we will not be signing any Scottish league players and all English league players?

Also if we aren't signing any Scottish league player is it because any targets we had have they knocked us back? And if so why?

I'm just confused how tommy Craig said in May he was hoping to get all deals sorted before end of June as he wanted to get a holiday in to see family now we're saying nothing is being started until the end of June? Does this mean we will not be signing any Scottish league players and all English league players?

Also if we aren't signing any Scottish league player is it because any targets we had have they knocked us back? And if so why?

They weren't good enough.

This is for div to ask Brian.

To be fair, nobody has said nothing is getting done til end of June. What was said is that English contracts run to 30th June, so any deals from down South unlikely to be done til July. Also stated we are talking to several players and that there's loads going on.

Only Stevenson has knocked us back to the best of anyone's knowledge.

Surely not that difficult to read what's written without making wild assumptions?

Then why approach them and try and sign them? Only to look like idiots when they knock us back for another team in same league that's no better than we are?

Who's them.

One didn't knock us back, we probably didn't want to meet his demands.

To be fair, nobody has said nothing is getting done til end of June. What was said is that English contracts run to 30th June, so any deals from down South unlikely to be done til July. Also stated we are talking to several players and that there's loads going on.

Only Stevenson has knocked us back to the best of anyone's knowledge.

Surely not that difficult to read what's written without making wild assumptions?

Thats all we need, signing players from the lower echelons of the English League ! When will folk realise this never works. they are off like a shot at the first offer.