Responses To Brian Caldwell Updates

He is on holiday but when he goes on holiday this time of year the laptop, the phone and the contracts go with him !

Don't think you will all be hearing from BC anytime soon hes on holiday at the moment, and if anybody deserves a holiday its him, So no doubt he will answer all stupid questions when he returns.

Finger on the pulse. lol.gif

Who's our new manager? whistling.gif

No contingency for sacking an under performing manager.

No contingency for a disastrous season which sees crowds drop away.

No contingency for a decent player coming along once in a blue moon allowing us to take a real gamble without risking zero balance.

No contingency for TV companies deciding not to renew their deal.

No contingency to allow development of the stadium.

No contingency for a major long term injury to our top striker for example.

Almost no contingency for a prolonged period of games being cancelled due to the weather too allow us to continue to pay wages without income.

No contingency for any unexpected disaster like a structural problem with the stadium, or flooding or fire etc - yes we'd be insured but that would take time to come through. We'd need a survival fund in the meantime.

Do players contracts have clauses covering all of those perfectly reasonable situations?

I've barely started and I've identified 8 irrefutable problems straight off the bat.

Deary me.

"8 irrefutable problems"... :lol:

Its all totally irrelevant!

The 70% wages to turnover is a snapshot at the END of a season. It doesn't tell you what happened DURING a season.

How do you know what contingency was made on each of your "8 irrefutable problems"?

The final decisions on wages don't need to take place until the close of the transfer window at the end of January.

What would be the point in keeping a contingency for signing a star striker after end of January for example?

Feel free to come back to the discussion when you actually know what you are talking about!

No contingency for sacking an under performing manager.

No contingency for a disastrous season which sees crowds drop away.

No contingency for a decent player coming along once in a blue moon allowing us to take a real gamble without risking zero balance.

No contingency for TV companies deciding not to renew their deal.

No contingency to allow development of the stadium.

No contingency for a major long term injury to our top striker for example.

Almost no contingency for a prolonged period of games being cancelled due to the weather too allow us to continue to pay wages without income.

No contingency for any unexpected disaster like a structural problem with the stadium, or flooding or fire etc - yes we'd be insured but that would take time to come through. We'd need a survival fund in the meantime.

Do players contracts have clauses covering all of those perfectly reasonable situations?

I've barely started and I've identified 8 irrefutable problems straight off the bat.

No contingency for nuclear war.

No contingency for an asteroid hitting the earth.

No contingency for alien invasion.

No contingency for your maw invading the pitch.

No contingency for dogs developing the power of speech.

No contingency for the earth being plunged into eternal darkness.

No contingency for all the earth being made of apple pie and all the see of ink.

No contingency for what we would do to drink in the event of the above circumstance.

This is great fun.

Ya warmer.

No contingency for nuclear war.

No contingency for an asteroid hitting the earth.

No contingency for alien invasion.

No contingency for your maw invading the pitch.

No contingency for dogs developing the power of speech.

No contingency for the earth being plunged into eternal darkness.

No contingency for all the earth being made of apple pie and all the see of ink.

No contingency for what we would do to drink in the event of the above circumstance.

This is great fun.

Ya warmer.

No,no,no parking is allowed in the top field..... (Vicar of dibley)

Perhaps the new board will have fresh ideas of how to boost income rather than having a group of board members who no longer have the drive or intention to do anything!

Think your being a bit harsh on the current board, They had a club 2m in debt, a stadium that needed millions to put right, no training facilities, Now brand new stadium, best run club in Scotland with no debt, Brand new training complex and youth academy, Under them we've won two league titles, Bells Cup, and The league Cup last year I think that deserves some respect,

Think your being a bit harsh on the current board, They had a club 2m in debt, a stadium that needed millions to put right, no training facilities, Now brand new stadium, best run club in Scotland with no debt, Brand new training complex and youth academy, Under them we've won two league titles, Bells Cup, and The league Cup last year I think that deserves some respect,

You forgot to add the icing on the cake that is the dome..!

100k well spent noising up Dicko

I respect our current board very highly, possibly the best board our club has ever had. But everything runs its course and the board would be the first to say that they have done so, hence why they're trying to sell the club. All I was stating was it isn't healthy to be in that position now, we're stagnant and the sale of the club is the only way to change that otherwise I fear we are heading for relegation

Feels like all we're doing at the moment is going from year to year hanging on in the SPFL hoping that someone will buy us. There's very little forward thinking going on as the board want out! The year we signed all the big name players in one go, thompson, teale, Carey, McGowan, hasslebaink etc looked like a last ditch attempt to attract a buyer. Ever since all we've done is cut the squad size and costs. Next season will be yet another hanging on job

Edited by Big Yards

Div should probably rethink this forum.

The Forum is great but for this thread, Div could charge a fiver per question or contribution, but only after this post.

All proceeds to the further wellbeing of St Mirren Football Club.

Well, after this post.

Big Yards, we arent hanging on in the SPFL.

We are in the Premiership of the SPFL, which means we are comfortably in the top tier.

We have the best directors ever who will never put the Club in financial danger by spending excess money on players.

SO f**k UP, SUPPORT YOUR CLUB AND ENJOY THE BUMPY RIDE.

Mind 17/3/13

But it looks good when you drive by the stadium or from the A737, and looks fantastic when you are flying over.

I don't know about flying over it because my only flight from Glasgow since the dome was erected was when it was lying in a crumpled heap after the winds but it certainly doesn't look fantastic from the road when you drive past the stadium. It looks like some travellers have dropped by and put up some sort of circus tent that they could afford to abandon

Thing was never needed. On the only days when we had inclement weather over the winter, the dome proved incapable of coping with it and blew away rolleyes.gif

The weather was only bad twice last winter? Wow! I must have fallen asleep through most of it.....

It really is a pity that what could have been an excellent thread, giving us, the fans a opportunity to get a bit of insight into the clubs ways of working/thinking has been ruined by nonsense.

Of course the moderators have the power to erm...moderate! You know.... delete the pish and leave only the questions and answers. If anyone gets precious about their nonsense posts being deleted, they could always start another thread..

Mods, feel free to delete this post

Of course the moderators have the power to erm...moderate! You know.... delete the pish and leave only the questions and answers. If anyone gets precious about their nonsense posts being deleted, they could always start another thread..

Mods, feel free to delete this post

If you delete the pish threads.....

That'll only leave the shite wans...!

Well, after this post.

Big Yards, we arent hanging on in the SPFL.

We are in the Premiership of the SPFL, which means we are comfortably in the top tier.

We have the best directors ever who will never put the Club in financial danger by spending excess money on players.

SO f**k UP, SUPPORT YOUR CLUB AND ENJOY THE BUMPY RIDE.

Mind 17/3/13

Part of being a supporter is that you want the best for your team. Having a stagnating board who want out is not the best thing for our club so let's hope we get a buyer soon otherwise it will just be cut bucks all the way and inevitable relegation