Responses To Brian Caldwell Updates

I think Brian, or even Mr Caldwell, would be a more respectful way to refer to a Director at the club

I remember you shouting "Todd ya ba****d" when Fergie got the bullet " ! :-)

Edited by billyg

• 2 weeks later...

Is he a director? I didn't think he sat on the Board.

His job title was recently changed to include the title of director. You dont have to sit on a board to be called a director.

The guy works long and hard for the club to make it a success for all of us, referring to him by his surname is not very respectful, anyway, to answer Blilly's point, i was very young then and have learned much. But I'd still call Mr Todd a dozy B*****

Edited by beyond our ken

His job title was recently changed to include the title of director. You dont have to sit on a board to be called a director.

No it wasn't.

It was changed from General Manager to Chief Executive Officer.

He runs the club very well but he is not a director.

Edited by davidg

• 4 months later...

Other than elvis there isn't a single Saints fan anywhere who wants anything other than the best for their club and in fairness that also includes ever board member so quit the melodramatic pish and stop pretending that someone you care more than anyone else.

All of want what is best. Some of us don't want our team to go bust in the process. Why exactly would ANY true supporter want to risk that?

Has what happened to Hearts, Sevco and the likes simply washed straight over you? Does none of their fate penetrate through to you?

Oaky do you think that the current board are putting the clubs long term survival ahead of their own financial gain with the approach they are taking? It dawned on me that might actually be the case a bit earlier. They surely can't ask for the same sale price for a championship team but they seem to prefer that the club gets relegated and cuts it's cloth accordingly rather than risk money to stay in the premiership. What's your thoughts on that theory?

It certainly does but he does not pick the players offered contracts.

My original point was about Tommy Craig's contract and whether we have to pay him 2 years wages for 6 months work if we dismiss him now. I don't think anyone in charge of a situation where we have 1 point at home from 8 league games where we fail to score in 75% of home league games deserves a huge pay off for their efforts. Given Danny Lennon was shown the door without getting an extra £1 after 4 years where we finished 8th twice and won a cup and made plenty of cup quarter finals I think we should just show Tommy the door and dare him to sue us and defend his record in front of a judge.

Did Div not make a post at the start if the season about how Brian Caldwell was complaining that some fans (the guys who pay his wages) were being negative?

I actually think it was harsher than that.

How does Brian Caldwell feel now about his disgraceful comments about the fans?

He got it wrong big time and it would be good if he came out and apologised.

Did Div not make a post at the start if the season about how Brian Caldwell was complaining that some fans (the guys who pay his wages) were being negative?

I actually think it was harsher than that.

How does Brian Caldwell feel now about his disgraceful comments about the fans?

He got it wrong big time and it would be good if he came out and apologised.

He's not answerable to the fans,but if you have a complaint, you should contact his employers who happen to take a lot of disgraceful comments from some of the fans.

Edited by pod