Responses To Brian Caldwell Updates

This is Ryan Stevenson most folk are fretting about, not Sergio Aguero. The guy is OK. That's it. It's not like we missed out on Neymar. Look at Stevenson's goal scoring record, his injury record, his age, the league he plays in....then take a deep breath and calm down.

It's not about Ryan Stevenson it's about the never ending penny pinching and trying to get players on the cheap instead of paying the going rate which we can afford if thistle, Ross county,Hamilton etc can. All our board does is cut back and avoid outgoings. Yet again no home friendlies because we won't spend on stewards and very few early signings because we refuse to pay their wages for a few weeks.

Speak for yourself, everyone has their own opinion and thankfully there not all l

Speak for yourself, everyone has their own opinion and thankfully there not all like yours.

Thats because i am a man who walks alone,a maverick,hiding in the shadows and only emerging to voice the feelings of the silent majority,now f**k off

I actually think its a good idea to have a few players out on loan if it helps with their development , the same argument we put to Newcastle to ge players on loan applies to the likes of Stirling Albion and Albion Rovers getting players from us on loan

I actually think its a good idea to have a few players out on loan if it helps with their development , the same argument we put to Newcastle to ge players on loan applies to the likes of Stirling Albion and Albion Rovers getting players from us on loan

Making reference to Move Yacob going out on loan here

It's not about Ryan Stevenson it's about the never ending penny pinching and trying to get players on the cheap instead of paying the going rate which we can afford if thistle, Ross county,Hamilton etc can. All our board does is cut back and avoid outgoings. Yet again no home friendlies because we won't spend on stewards and very few early signings because we refuse to pay their wages for a few weeks.

Unless I've missed something we don't know why Stevenson chose Thistle over us or others that were interested do we? Could it be the fact that they offered him a two year deal with an option of another year be what swung it? If that's the case then well done to the BOD for not being held over a barrel for an ageing, oft injured player.

You simply can't wait to stick the boot into the BOD and make up any old shit to suit your argument. Home friendlies? Give us a break FFS! Who gives a shit?

I think every saints fan understands and accepts your point div,but it cant be the "go to" excuse every time we lose out on a player we CAN afford .TC doesnt think hes worth the money hes asking for or the length of contract FINE,just getting sick of the same tired old pish every time we lose out on a decent player

Then open your own wallet, spend the contents on players yourself and give the rest of us f**king peace.

Let us know when you sign someone so we can all post our thoughts on your targets on this thread.

Then open your own wallet, spend the contents on players yourself and give the rest of us f**king peace.

Let us know when you sign someone so we can all post our thoughts on your targets on this thread.

Calm down fanboy,pointless me signing someone for st mirren ,even if hes complete f**king dross when his name appears on this forum he will suddenly be labelled a world beater,bit of a coup for T C etc etc.One things for certain though ,i would have actually MADE a meaningful signing .

Partick havent just lost 9-10 players from their squad and probably wont add as many players as us. Last season we made an arse of a similar contract for Harkins. The board will be instructing to spend wisely after the disaster scenarios we have found ourselves in the last few seasons.

These questions might be too sensitive to answer but was Paul McGowan on a substantially better contract than the bulk of last seasons squad and were we unwilling to offer him similar terms after a mediocre season?

Oh and his departure wasn't announced until a week after the first cut - was there some contact between McGowan & the club regarding next season?

Edited by Bud the Baker

Speak for yourself, everyone has their own opinion and thankfully there not all l

Speak for yourself, everyone has their own opinion and thankfully there not all like yours.

Thats because i am a man who walks alone,a maverick,hiding in the shadows and only emerging to voice the feelings of the silent majority,now f**k off

Is it any wonder.

You are struggling to make a meaningful post never mind a signing.........

Out of interest who would your signing be? How much would you pay him? For how long would he be contracted for? What is the signing on fee? And what is the bonus structure?

My signing WOULD have been the guy i said we should snap up the minute he became available ,oh well maybe i am wrong and everyone else is right and Thistle have been lumbered with a turkey.Im sure T.C will sort out a better player for less money,im sure hes got the feelers out but time is marching on

The problem is twofold.

1. Tommy Craig will be cautious after his disasters in last season's transfer market.

2. The BoD will be cautious because of Tommy Craig's disasters in last season's transfer market.

We should really therefore have gone for a clean break and appointed a different manager.

In saying that, I'm glad we missed out on Stevenson.

Calm down fanboy,pointless me signing someone for st mirren ,even if hes complete f**king dross when his name appears on this forum he will suddenly be labelled a world beater,bit of a coup for T C etc etc.One things for certain though ,i would have actually MADE a meaningful signing .

Yeah? Name on player you would realistically sign.

Div,

Maybe you should ask Brian Caldwell if the club really is going to be sold by the end of June?

(And if that's the reason we're not signing any players?!!)

He won't answer any questions regarding the sale of the club mate, and that's even assuming he knows what is going on there which may not always be the case !

He won't answer any questions regarding the sale of the club mate, and that's even assuming he knows what is going on there which may not always be the case !

Comment was tongue-in-cheek really, didn't really think you get any answers on that...

At least not any that you'd be happy to pass on to us lot....whistling.gif

Wee update from Brian this morning;

Is Mo Yaqub away to Albion Rovers on loan ?

No, they enquired about a loan but that's as far as it got as TC wants him to kick on now that fully fit having missed most of last season through injury.

Any plans for any pre-season games at home this year, if not any particular reason ?

No. There is a difficulty in playing pre season home games this season due to the Commonwealth Games. The issue is policing in the immediate area, any home game we would look to play would need to be attractive opposition which would therefore require policing which would likely be a problem.

Also not helped this year is that we have done extensive works on the pitch as its 5 years old now so needed more work than usual, plus couldn't start the work until the Scotland U21 match was played on 28th May so later start to close seasons works than normal and the year we needed to do the most work !

Is the lack of foreign training trip just cost cutting or does Tommy not see it as being of value ?

It is expensive to take 25 people abroad if am honest as costs for flights, extra bags, full board accommodation, training facilities etc but TC on balance felt would rather stay more local and was happier with getting the 6 games etc plus you lose 2 training days whilst travelling.

Season ticket sales update, how we doing and how does that compare to last season

Now at 2,200. Reckon around this time last year was around 2000, so we are slightly ahead.

Wee update from Brian this morning;

Is Mo Yaqub away to Albion Rovers on loan ?

No, they enquired about a loan but that's as far as it got as TC wants him to kick on now that fully fit having missed most of last season through injury.

Any plans for any pre-season games at home this year, if not any particular reason ?

No. There is a difficulty in playing pre season home games this season due to the Commonwealth Games. The issue is policing in the immediate area, any home game we would look to play would need to be attractive opposition which would therefore require policing which would likely be a problem.

Also not helped this year is that we have done extensive works on the pitch as its 5 years old now so needed more work than usual, plus couldn't start the work until the Scotland U21 match was played on 28th May so later start to close seasons works than normal and the year we needed to do the most work !

Is the lack of foreign training trip just cost cutting or does Tommy not see it as being of value ?

It is expensive to take 25 people abroad if am honest as costs for flights, extra bags, full board accommodation, training facilities etc but TC on balance felt would rather stay more local and was happier with getting the 6 games etc plus you lose 2 training days whilst travelling.

Season ticket sales update, how we doing and how does that compare to last season

Now at 2,200. Reckon around this time last year was around 2000, so we are slightly ahead.

Still nothing about signings?