Bernie's Cafe/deli

Herbie

Cheers guys and gals. Not planning on changing the name in the short term as it is a really well established business but "herbie's" is definitely in the offing!

All the cakes are made on the premises from scratch HSS, so no issue there!

Also get loads of cyclists in already but definitely worth promoting that further. Watch this space.

Can you buy your cakes to takeaway?

If so I'll send the wife over to get some.

What kind of cakes do you do?

The wife says she might pop over tomorrow.

She said she was disappointed with your competition's* offerings in the baking department.

*Lochnagar.

All sorts of cakes get made directly on the premises at least twice a week.The head cook is a brilliant baker. She regularly does Victoria Sponges, Chocolate cakes, tray bakes, scones, shortbreads, carrot cakes. Too many to mention. No day is ever the same but we always aim to have at least half a dozen choices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A Bernie's lunch for myself and Mrs E today - lovely grub and ...... Cake!

All those street names but no Love St?

Cheers for the feedback! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks a million for coming in. The street names are all from the previous owner unfortunately but will be changed eventually. A Love St one is definitely on the agenda.

Herbie, when are you starting your sponsorship of Paisley Velo Cycling Club? You know how all cyclists love a cafe stop!!!

Hopefully half price Carrot cake for St.Mirren/PVCC members! ;-D

Not a bad shout to have a cyclist's special to be fair. We get loads in. Sponsorship may be a bit of a stretch at this stage though, it might be worth considering if not stupidly expensive!

We also got a cracking cake review in last weekend's Herald!

Proof that we are damn good!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/food-drink/opinion/the-cake-critic-bernies-cafe-deli-bridge-of-weir.24694617

Great article. Must pop in when I'm back. Over here in Northern Ireland, Empire biscuits are still called German biscuits. Apparently during the First WW the use of German to describe the biscuits got kind of frowned on but was never changed over here. We buy them just round the corner here and by coincidence I tried to but some this morning but they were sold out. I'm sure yours will be better.