Signings Please!

I think we should have done more to keep him... The fakes offered more money and european football.

He was a bit inconsistent at times with us but over all a good exciting player who scored a few goals!. He went to the Fakes got 2 top 6 finishes and a Scottish cup winners medal.

If a top 6 player with a winners medal becomes available on a free contract and he is not getting stupid wages its not going backwards its good business?.

He's so good, and contributed so much to the successes you highlight The Fakes can't get shot of the little bar steward quick enough.

He's so good, and contributed so much to the successes you highlight The Fakes can't get shot of the little bar steward quick enough.

He was one of the fakes highest wage earners, hence the main reason Tommy Wright decided not to offer him another contract. For that reason his wage demands alone would most likely rule out a move back to St Mirren.

He was one of the fakes highest wage earners, hence the main reason Tommy Wright decided not to offer him another contract. For that reason his wage demands alone would most likely rule out a move back to St Mirren.

Tommy Wright also barely played him! Which is a much more telling fact.

He falls into the Harkins, Imrie, Bahoken wage thief category.

So he started half the games, gradually being eased out as the season went on..... Sound familiar?

That's not what you said originally. Playing in 39 out of 50 games does not mean Wright "barely played him".

He was quite clearly a first team player and part of a squad who beat Rosenborg, won the Scottish Cup, got to the League Cup semi-final and finished in the top 6.

He didn't play as much at the end of the season as he's not as good as May or MacLean, but both those players would stroll into our first team.

Whether he's good enough for St. Mirren is up for debate (if he doesn't want daft wages & got himself fitter, I think he'd be a decent squad player - it doesn't appear he's signing for us though anyway).

Nigel done well in Perth in his first season he was a regular in the team and played well. The next season saw the emergence of Steven May who was young player of the year that season so started on the bench for some of the second season at the Fakes but still went on to feature from the start in 22 games for them. The reason he was not offered a new deal in Perth was so the club could secure Steven May the very same reason St.Mirren never offered Mcgowan a new contract so they can offer Kenny McClean a better one!.

So if a player who has played in Europe and in the top 6 for the last 2 seasons becomes available on a free contract and doesn't comand too much in wages why not?.

His best seasons in Scotland were when he played for us he is exciting to watch has experience in the top half of the league and is still only 24.

He would link up well with Thomo and has pace he is a nightmare for defenders and draws fouls out them in good positions.

If he is not after stupid wages then bring him back its a no brainer for me! If he is asking for stupid wages thanks but no thanks and move on.

Edited by leolovesstmfc

That's not what you said originally. Playing in 39 out of 50 games does not mean Wright "barely played him".

He was quite clearly a first team player and part of a squad who beat Rosenborg, won the Scottish Cup, got to the League Cup semi-final and finished in the top 6.

He didn't play as much at the end of the season as he's not as good as May or MacLean, but both those players would stroll into our first team.

Whether he's good enough for St. Mirren is up for debate (if he doesn't want daft wages & got himself fitter, I think he'd be a decent squad player - it doesn't appear he's signing for us though anyway).

I think a few have a rose tinted view of Nigel's time with us. He was regularly benched for attitude, performance and consistency reasons.... Ffs who in our team was so good we could afford to bench him?

We didn't fancy him at what he thought he was worth, and we knew him inside out. You have to learn these lessons and move on.

I predict he'll be at Dundee, Partick or back in f**king Hamilton again..! And that will tell you all you need to know about how highly rated he is in Scottish football.

I think a few have a rose tinted view of Nigel's time with us. He was regularly benched for attitude, performance and consistency reasons.... Ffs who in our team was so good we could afford to bench him?

We didn't fancy him at what he thought he was worth, and we knew him inside out. You have to learn these lessons and move on.

I predict he'll be at Dundee, Partick or back in f**king Hamilton again..! And that will tell you all you need to know about how highly rated he is in Scottish football.

Pretty much this.

Occasional glimpses of the player he should be, when he was almost unplayable, but that could also be said of the likes of Marc Corcoran, and even wee Jose Quitongo (okay, perhaps stretching it now....).

A bit over-hyped for me, and nothing too special. A legend in his own mind, and we could do without another player with that particular delusion.

A player being a legend in his own mind is a good attribute IMO. We want guys who are confident in their own abilities.

Hasselbaink up front with Steven Thompson over the past 2 seasons would have been better than the non existent partner that Thompson had to play with...

It is only a good attribute if he has any grounds to believe himself to be such.

Nigel sparked, but seldom really ignited, and, when he did, burned out pretty quickly (tore the arse out of that, didn't I....).

We all know that Thompson should have had more support last term, but I am not sure that the wee fellow would have been the answer then, any more than now, on account of his Billy Big Baws attitude. He is a petulant player, bit also lets his head go down too easily when things aren't going for him.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if he signed for us, but I'm not sure that he is what we need. How would you play him?

A player being a legend in my own mind is a good attribute IMO. We want guys who are confident in their own abilities.

Hasselbaink up front with Steven Thompson over the past 2 seasons would have been better than the non existent partner that Thompson had to play with...

Oh the Irony

Nigel is one of the few players we've had in recent times who brings an air of expectancy that sonething exciting is going to happen every time he gets the ball. He's also a couple of years older and bound to be even better this time round. Don't see it as a backwards move at all, it's a forward move when you look at our current options!

If you're talking about players who excite and make you want to go to a match on a Saturday then he's one of them. As long as his attitude is right

Edited by Big Yards

The reason he was not offered a new deal in Perth was so the club could secure Steven May the very same reason St.Mirren never offered Mcgowan a new contract so they can offer Kenny McClean a better one!.

I think you will find the reason he is no longer at the fakes is because he refused to answer the managers phonecalls at the end of season. Tommy Wright said that he spoke to him in January about his future and Nigel said he would wait till end of season to sort it. As soon as the season finished, he buggered off to Holland and let his phone ring out when Wright tried to get ahold of him to discuss a contract. Quite rightly so, the manager withdrew any contract offer on the table.

He was looking for 3 times his wage to stay on with us last time, something that the fakes were willing to match.

Hes a journeyman who doesnt like to hang about and spits the dummy when he doesnt have a run in the team.

Theres just no way he would come back to us after his comments when he left us remember we were not a big enough club for him but they were a step up .

Well in terms of football it was a step up, 2 top 6 finishes, European games and a Scottish cup.

They're not a bigger club but they're currently doing a lot better than us on the pitch

Edited by Big Yards

I would love if Nigel came back, and I expect we will at least offer him a contract. Him and Tommy got on well in his first spell here.

He will get us 8-12 goals next season if we play him regularly, and that's what we missed last season.