Big Cheesy Is He Good Enough

We had a good defensive record in comparison to other clubs. Our problem was out higher up the park players didn't score enough. Tommy is trying to rectify that as seen by releasing McGowan whose goal return has been dreadful.

he has the club in his heart and thats a good thing, he does have to stop trying to dribble with the ball in his own area, also needs to stop passing to players who are marked (he put kelly in trouble quite a few times last season) he does also seem to lose concentration now and then, the new coaches will surely know all this and will make him a better player

But, apart from that, he's brilliant...

He was our best defender last season and some of his performances towards the end of the season were exceptional. I really wish people would get off his back and start encouraging him more. He's quite obviously a confidence player and despite a few thousand fans on his back every second saturday he still manages to do just fine.

Support the guy ffs.

I only saw a handful of games last season and I will openly admit that I make my assessment from watching the goals St Mirren conceded on TV highlight packages, but it was quite clear that McAusland most certainly was NOT St Mirren's best Centre Half last season - something that has been clearly borne out by the fact that Darren McGregor has moved on to a bigger money contract at Rangers, whilst McAusland continues uncoveted by anyone else.

The sentiments in your post are fair enough, but are you supporting him in the right way by making out that he's something that he clearly isn't? Are you any better than those who write him off? The truth of the matter is that McAusland used to have some potential. He can actually pass a ball, he's done that plenty of times in the past and his general accuracy is not bad. He's also got a decent turn of pace which instead of being used to enhance his abilities, it actually covers a multitude of sins and sadly his inability to learn from his mistakes means his development has long since stalled. If McAusland was properly encouraged to be self critical, to watch the goals St Mirren concede with a properly critical eye, he might start to eradicate the problem area's of his game, namely is poor positional sense, and his woeful inability to read a game.

Sadly too many St Mirren fans, and no doubt members of the St Mirren coaching staff are too busy blowing smoke up his arse either because he's a nice local lad with some complementary tickets or because of who his family is.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I think it's ridiculous that we've got another thread knocking Marc, as if the last one wasn't enough. He might not be the best defender in the league but nor is he the worst. He gives his all to St.Mirren and that's more than can be said for a few of his team mates. We've got guys crying into their cornflakes about McGowan moving on and saying we'll regret it. How many good games did he have last year? We're never going to have a team full of the best players in the league but at least let's have a team of players who will get stuck in and want to play for St.Mirren and Marc certainly does.

IMO the big lad just does not do it for me,and I hope the fact that were light on squad players will not affect TC decision with regards to the defence.

Keep him as cover then when his contracts up ship him out.

I wonder which category of "support" you truly believe this comes under?

How can we possibly move on as a team with a bomb scare at centre half? The centre half position has been needing addressed for years...with cheesy as first choice centre half we have no chance of moving on as team...people need to stop defending this guy because he is a Saints fan...the fact is he is not good enough to play in premier league..would he still be at club or ever have been brought back had his dad not been there? Think answer is no...

How can we possibly move on as a team with supporters like you who parp their pants at the slightest thing?

Your obsession with his dad is plain weird.

I only saw a handful of games last season and I will openly admit that I make my assessment from watching the goals St Mirren conceded on TV highlight packages,

Oh FFS you are basing your opinion on 4 minute highlights of a 90 minute game? lol.gif

You reckon watching around 5% of a game gives you a reasonable indication of the rest of it?

Even for you this is hilarious.

Rickmcd I didn't see the other thread I'm not on here knocking players left and right,but you build a team from the back and IMO he's just not good enough.

Don't care if he gives his all,Jesus half of us would be playing if that was the main criteria passing the ball to a team mate obviously isn't. Lol

Rickmcd I didn't see the other thread I'm not on here knocking players left and right,but you build a team from the back and IMO he's just not good enough.

Don't care if he gives his all,Jesus half of us would be playing if that was the main criteria passing the ball to a team mate obviously isn't. Lol

My post wasn't aimed at you. To be honest it didn't register with me who had started the thread. There was a thread which ran for ages and I think it's OK for fans to criticise within reason but that previous thread ran for a long time and a lot of it was way over the top. Clearly a lot was on the back of who Marc's dad is. On the other hand there are some players where if you utter one word of criticism you damned near get black-balled. Marc's a St.Mirren fan who gives his all, he's not a world beater but I think two threads dedicated to castigating him is way too much.

Oh FFS you are basing your opinion on 4 minute highlights of a 90 minute game? lol.gif

You reckon watching around 5% of a game gives you a reasonable indication of the rest of it?

Whereas you see plenty of games...........................................wait, no, you don't.lol.gif

No attendances, no TV, wow, you're an expert.

Makes Stus "5%" look pretty good. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I only saw a handful of games last season and I will openly admit that I make my assessment from watching the goals St Mirren conceded on TV highlight packages, but it was quite clear that McAusland most certainly was NOT St Mirren's best Centre Half last season - something that has been clearly borne out by the fact that Darren McGregor has moved on to a bigger money contract at Rangers, whilst McAusland continues uncoveted by anyone else.

The sentiments in your post are fair enough, but are you supporting him in the right way by making out that he's something that he clearly isn't? Are you any better than those who write him off? The truth of the matter is that McAusland used to have some potential. He can actually pass a ball, he's done that plenty of times in the past and his general accuracy is not bad. He's also got a decent turn of pace which instead of being used to enhance his abilities, it actually covers a multitude of sins and sadly his inability to learn from his mistakes means his development has long since stalled. If McAusland was properly encouraged to be self critical, to watch the goals St Mirren concede with a properly critical eye, he might start to eradicate the problem area's of his game, namely is poor positional sense, and his woeful inability to read a game.

Sadly too many St Mirren fans, and no doubt members of the St Mirren coaching staff are too busy blowing smoke up his arse either because he's a nice local lad with some complementary tickets or because of who his family is.

I think you will find that he has been coveted by other clubs and nearly moved south last season to a more than decent side but you know better than most Stuart.It pains me at times that people can come on here and spout a lot of pish without knowing the facts so please stick to the referendum thread Stuart were you tend to be more knowledgeable than most and in doing so pushes the yes vote up among our fans.Do you honestly reckon that Marc does not analyse his game and work to make improvements to it.I don't ever read on here when he has made a great pass ,tackle, run etc but only the negatives.I think I will shut off from B+w army for a while as I,m sick of reading shite and pointless comments.

Whereas you see plenty of games...........................................wait, no, you don't.lol.gif

No attendances, no TV, wow, you're an expert.

Makes Stus "5%" look pretty good. bye1.gif

rich coming from someone who never goes and spouts non-stop drivel on here thinking hes funny..can't wait for your great and witty reply....

Its not ridiculous at all. That 4 minute a week package is enough to see any central defenders negative contribution to a match. If Marc McAusland bothered to watch the same clips in a self critical manner he would have learned not to make the mistakes that he makes week in, week out. Besides many people on here make their assessment of other teams goalkeepers and centre halfs on exactly the same basis, including YOU!

Wrang, and I'll have you I am funny.

Now, fcuk off ya timewasting nugget. bye1.gif

PS Try the "caps" function now and again, really stops you looking like a retard. 1eye.gif

Cannae deny it.

That was a great and witty reply.

Well done Boss !

But, apart from that, he's brilliant...

good reply, i am maybe being too critical, in fact i am being too critical, what do i expect, we are a bottom 6 premiership side and he is no worse than any other spfl player in the position he has been played in, i hope the coaches get more out of the lad and we move upwards, survival in the top league would do for me, but i would love it if we finish higher than last term

No other SPFL club would have him

In their team. Says it all

For a start, there's 42 SPFL clubs. I'm sure you don't mean teams like Annan and Albion Rovers wouldn't have him.

I assume you mean Premiership teams. If so, this is just your opinion and it's based on nothing at all.

He was a mainstay of a team that had a better defensive record than 5 teams in the league last year. If they wouldn't have him, they'd be pretty foolish.