Big Cheesy Is He Good Enough

For a start, there's 42 SPFL clubs. I'm sure you don't mean teams like Annan and Albion Rovers wouldn't have him.

I assume you mean Premiership teams. If so, this is just your opinion and it's based on nothing at all.

He was a mainstay of a team that had a better defensive record than 5 teams in the league last year. If they wouldn't have him, they'd be pretty foolish.

Indeed there is, but not a lot of people know that especially the f*ckwit Mainstream Media.

So? Wouldn't have the majority of centre backs in the Spl in our team either... Lee Mair second choice for us ended up at at Thistle ....

... and no SPL clubs enquired about signing Darren McGregor when he was out of contract and no transfer fee or development fee was due to be paid as Championship clubs Hearts and the international Rangers fought for his signature.

Think we paid £100k for Lex Baillie.

You can add Mark Reid to that list as well.

I actually think that who McAusland's dad is goes against him - especially from the point of view of supporters. It brings added focus and criticism.

I think he's a half decent player and - as Slash has pointed out - we have wasted fortunes in the past on defenders who weren't as good as McAusland.

I think he is better than Mcgregor and look what Rangers are paying him!!

Look who he's had to play beside Potter,Goodwin(never a defender),Mair, and McGregor.

If his dad was to do him any favours it would be to get him a decent Central Defender to play along side!

Centre of the defence has needed strengthening for year's.

McCausland and McGregor was not a good partnership IMO!

Give the guy help in defence and get off his case and let him prove he can be a good player and not fault him because of nebitisim!

Did anyone choose who there Dad was?

Edited by leolovesstmfc

He certainly isn't as bad as some folk make out and I don't think he is as good as others make out.

On his day he can be a solid defender but will always be prone to the odd lapse of concentration/ mistake which is why he is playing at this level.

Fans love a scapegoat though and he does stick out like a sore thumb when he is having one of they days.

Excited to see who we bring in to partner him. Been a few years since we signed a centre back.

Will always be remembered for being part of the legendary cup winning team and that penalty in the shootout v Aberdeen!

He certainly isn't as bad as some folk make out and I don't think he is as good as others make out.

On his day he can be a solid defender but will always be prone to the odd lapse of concentration/ mistake which is why he is playing at this level.

Fans love a scapegoat though and he does stick out like a sore thumb when he is having one of they days.

Excited to see who we bring in to partner him. Been a few years since we signed a centre back.

Will always be remembered for being part of the legendary cup winning team and that penalty in the shootout v Aberdeen!

Exactly, no Franz Beckenbaur but no dumpling either.

Probably the quality we can afford and still has plenty of years to improve.

Perfect centre halfs don't exist even at the highest level! It is the one position on the pitch where every little mistake is magnified. I've heard Cheesy being slaughtered at times even when he has done nothing wrong! The haters will only succeed if they force him away from this club. Get behind the boy and if he improve's over the next two years as he has done in the past two we'll have very competent player who could take a wee step up a level!

Oh, and by the way have you seen some of the CB's out there in our price range?? Ooooft, better the devil you know n all that!

Threads like this sometimes make me feel embarrassed to be a St Mirren supporter. The big man try's his best you can hardly call him shit. He is also a die hard fan who is in legend status given his roll in the cup final. Back the boys in the squad and it will lead to confidence that in turn will give you a good performance which can lead to wins. Not us lot stick the boot in and shout abuse from the stands. Could understand if it was constructive , only on rare occasions unfortunately.