Updates From Brian Caldwell

I've started regular email updates from Brian which I have been tweeting out on the @bawarmy twitter feed. I thought I'd use this thread to keep the forum users updated with what's been said.

The original thread for this got totally bogged down with chat so I will lock this one and pin it for updates as and when I have them and leave the other one open for you all to debate the responses we get and to nominate questions.

He is just back from holiday and I have a request in but he's snowed under a bit so might take another day or so until I get some answers. I will keep annoying him though.

Many of the fans are concerned about the lack of new faces coming in to the team, can you give us any update on how the recruitment plans are going and when we are likely to see some new signings ?

We are moving in the right direction is all I can really say at the moment. Tommy is being very meticulous in the recruitment process but rest assured there is plenty going on !

When is the team due to report back for pre-season training ?

Due back for testing Wednesday 2nd July

How are season ticket sales going ?

At 2,300 at present

Any update on the situation regarding Kenny McLean and John McGinn ?

Nothing at moment on Kenny and havent heard a thing on John since the Sheffield United offers, which were nowhere near our valuation of the player.

• 1 month later...

Wee update from Brian this afternoon;

How are season ticket sales going this year versus last ?
2550 at present 150 short of last years total

How is the installation of the new scoreboard going, will it be ready in time for the new season ?
LED due this week with frame which was delayed so expecting all to be in for the new season. Anyone want an advert or to sponsor every goal, corner etc?!

Is the trialist who featured and scored on Saturday still with the club this week ?
He came on Wednesday, trained on Thurs and Friday and away for weekend with the squad for the 2 games, assume playing tonight.

Can you give us any update on Steven Thompson's injury situation ?
Thommo didnt travel so assume resting to get fit asap

Is it safe to assume there will be further new arrivals before the season starts ?
That's the plan....still looking to strengthen squad

How are the sales of the new home strip going ?
JD sales of the home strips are more or less the same as this time last year.