How Long A Ban Should Suarez Get?

Happy Buddie

Pretty obvious from the pictures and Chiellini's reaction that old horse-teeth has done it gain. Given that it's his third offence in major games, God knows how many times he did it as a kid, how long should he get this time? 7 game ban at Ajax, 10 game ban at Liverpool. And should the ban be extended to club football, say a 20 game ban on all football?

He should be hounded out of the game and never allowed to kick a ball again, an imposter!!!

Boot out the cheating divers tae and aw those jessies making Balelike hand fanny patterns.

Difficult one for FIFA. Tournaments been great and they won't be wanting this dragging on and ruining it.If they ban him Uruguay will appeal and so it will drag on with him probably playing and scoring in the next game !

Difficult one for FIFA. Tournaments been great and they won't be wanting this dragging on and ruining it.If they ban him Uruguay will appeal and so it will drag on with him probably playing and scoring in the next game !

It would be a disgrace if he is allowed to play in this series again. There's no ifs or buts about what happened and the arsehole has previous. If Uruguay protest, ban them and let Italy through.

It would be a disgrace if he is allowed to play in this series again. There's no ifs or buts about what happened and the arsehole has previous. If Uruguay protest, ban them and let Italy through.

Nice sentiment but ludicrous.

They will do whatever they can to keep him, might no be the highest moral approach but winning is everything to them.

Gordon Strachan explained this "win at all costs" approach after we played them in the world cup.

This will be interesting to see what happens.

I reckon he'll get an immediate 3 game ban for violent conduct, with a separate penalty being applied post tournament once whatever committee at FIFA can organise themselves to meet. Think the ban will have to be just international footie and perversely that will increase his value as he'll not be playing any international football for a while so teams will be able to guarantee his availability.

Nice sentiment but ludicrous.

They will do whatever they can to keep him, might no be the highest moral approach but winning is everything to them.

Gordon Strachan explained this "win at all costs" approach after we played them in the world cup.

This will be interesting to see what happens.

I know well they won't ban Uruguay but some deterrent should be introduced to stop spurious protesting. There is no question about his guilt in this case- How many tens of millions of people have watched it over and over again in the last twelve hours? I don't see FIFA imposing the 5pm.deadline if they don't mean business.

I reckon he'll get an immediate 3 game ban for violent conduct, with a separate penalty being applied post tournament once whatever committee at FIFA can organise themselves to meet. Think the ban will have to be just international footie and perversely that will increase his value as he'll not be playing any international football for a while so teams will be able to guarantee his availability.

The newspapers this morning have been suggesting that the maximum FIFA can apply is a 24 match ban - two years - at International Level. It can also be applied to domestic football apparently. There are also reports that Liverpool's board are meeting today to discuss what their next move is with the player.

There was a girl from Uruguay on Radio 5 around midnight last night who called in to say that she couldn't see how Suarez biting an opponent is any worse than Alex Song's assault on Mandzukic and she perhaps has a point. There could be an argument that it's an HIV or Hepatitis C risk but is apparently low risk and it would only be a factor if the bite broke the skin and it doesn't look like it did. FIFA have to act ofcourse and since it's his third offence I'd expect a lengthy ban, but the Uruguay caller last night certainly made me think as to why we get so outraged at a bite and barely blink when Song uses his elbow to try to damage another players spine.

The newspapers this morning have been suggesting that the maximum FIFA can apply is a 24 match ban - two years - at International Level. It can also be applied to domestic football apparently. There are also reports that Liverpool's board are meeting today to discuss what their next move is with the player.

There was a girl from Uruguay on Radio 5 around midnight last night who called in to say that she couldn't see how Suarez biting an opponent is any worse than Alex Song's assault on Mandzukic and she perhaps has a point. There could be an argument that it's an HIV or Hepatitis C risk but is apparently low risk and it would only be a factor if the bite broke the skin and it doesn't look like it did. FIFA have to act ofcourse and since it's his third offence I'd expect a lengthy ban, but the Uruguay caller last night certainly made me think as to why we get so outraged at a bite and barely blink when Song uses his elbow to try to damage another players spine.

Cos a bite's what frustrated toddlers do when they are stopped from doing what they want, adults have a swing at someone, so by doing that he comes across as controllable as a terrible two-year old.

Pretty obvious from the pictures and Chiellini's reaction that old horse-teeth has done it gain. Given that it's his third offence in major games, God knows how many times he did it as a kid, how long should he get this time? 7 game ban at Ajax, 10 game ban at Liverpool. And should the ban be extended to club football, say a 20 game ban on all football?

Life ban IMO.

3 strikes and all that.

The game is more important than any one player.

Suarez should have been sin died after his last disgusting incident. It's shameful hearing that Brendan Rodgers is once again reputed to have stood up for this idiot.
Unfortunately a FIFA ban isn't transposed to the national associations but I can only hope that football's world governing body have the b&lls to ban him for as long as is practicle. Forever would be good!

I reckon he'll get an immediate 3 game ban for violent conduct

I believe the difference being a 3 game ban for a red can't be appealed , a retrospective punishment for something that wasn't spotted can be appealed !