James Marwood Signs

Could be a good signing. The top Conference sides will not be a million miles off of the standard in the bottom half of the Scottish Premier or top half of the Scottish Championship.

Jamie Vardy at Leicester City was signed from Fleetwood Town because he'd scored a load of goals in the Conference, and next season he'll be playing in the top division in England. Was a star for City last season.

So, I'm optimistic about this one. Welcome to our club.

Spoke to a mate who goes to watch Gateshead, he said the boy is a decent player and he is gutted he is moving.... He might turn out to be average or be a great signing but happy to take the views of someone how has actually seen the lad play

Tall chap too according to soccerbase. 6 foot 1.

Beat me to it.

I remember years thinking who is Frank McAvennie or who is Mark Yardley when we signed them

Wasn't Fitzy with Pollok before signing for us and I'm sure there's a few others that we've forgotten were at lower leagues

Lex Richardson came from Arthurlie

Pretty sure the standard of the Scottish top flight won't faze him. A Scottish top flight with no The Rangers, Hibernian or Hearts? Apart from the usual 'fcuk sake don't lose 7-0' trips away to Sellik, no reason to think a player coming from 'his level' cannot do a job up here with a few goals. Give the guy a chance!

Im sick of having to give our signings a chance,im really hoping we sign at least one guy we KNOW is reasonably good

FFS... Your sick of giving new players a chance? That's a ridiculous statement if I've ever heard one!! It doesn't matter who we sign obviously you wouldn't be happy with anyone.

:lol:

I know it shouldn't matter if you have the necessary skills but why do we, in the main, sign attacking players with no physical presence? Adam campbell, paul mcgowan, lewis guy, dougie imrie. The picture of him with teal and goody makes the two of them look massive which we know they aint.

This said, I think this could be a good signing. Comes with no baggage or expectations and from the tone of most comments the support will be getting behind him and giving him the chance he deserves!

thin a few guys will see the video and wiull give him a chance does lok like a lewis guy type player

He looks much better than him.

If James manages to play a whole 5 minutes without getting caught offside, then he's a better player than Lewis Guy IMO.

I know it shouldn't matter if you have the necessary skills but why do we, in the main, sign attacking players with no physical presence?

Higgie?

What concerns me most, is that this thread is almost welcoming a new, untested player and giving him the benefit of the doubt. :unsure:

Back in the day such a player would be greeted with tenacious, Suarez-style, ripping-asunder slaggings.

Edited by bluto

You still have not answered the question.

Who would you sign that is "proven" and would not break our wage structure?

I'm not looking for an argument, just keen to know who you think would suit our club and your expectations.

I remember how excited we all were when Dargo signed and looked how that turned out.

I understand your Dargo point,a fair few others fall into the same category,but this is another example of us pissing in the wind on the off chance that a cheap option will come up trumps.You get what you pay for with very few exceptions.As to who "wouldnt break our wage structure" you make it sound as if we offer £400 quid a week plus win bonuses.McGowans wage alone would secure a tidy,proven striker,or a centre half if we intend on signing one.As to who we should sign ? pointless exercise .We SHOULD have signed Stevenson ,absolute no brainer,but i have no doubts T.C will have some clown on half his wages lined up for that position ,If we,as a club,are totally skint and cant compete with dundee/thistle then thats fair enough,just tell me.Until then i would like to see us sign a known proven footballer rather than a desperate shot in the dark