James Marwood Signs

I understand your Dargo point,a fair few others fall into the same category,but this is another example of us pissing in the wind on the off chance that a cheap option will come up trumps.You get what you pay for with very few exceptions.As to who "wouldnt break our wage structure" you make it sound as if we offer £400 quid a week plus win bonuses.McGowans wage alone would secure a tidy,proven striker,or a centre half if we intend on signing one.As to who we should sign ? pointless exercise .We SHOULD have signed Stevenson ,absolute no brainer,but i have no doubts T.C will have some clown on half his wages lined up for that position ,If we,as a club,are totally skint and cant compete with dundee/thistle then thats fair enough,just tell me.Until then i would like to see us sign a known proven footballer rather than a desperate shot in the dark

We've signed plenty of "proven players" in the past who haven't lived up to the billing so I don't see why you have such an obsession with them also i would still like to hear of these proven footballers you want us to sign instead of our current signing. Also on the idea you "get what you pay for" how much were we paying Mo Camara again because unless he was getting 10 pence a week i would say he wasn't worth the wage and we did not get what we paid for.

We've signed plenty of "proven players" in the past who haven't lived up to the billing so I don't see why you have such an obsession with them also i would still like to hear of these proven footballers you want us to sign instead of our current signing. Also on the idea you "get what you pay for" how much were we paying Mo Camara again because unless he was getting 10 pence a week i would say he wasn't worth the wage and we did not get what we paid for.

I have paid £340 quid for my ticket up front and in good faith,this signing doesnt cut it .Its not my job to sign players but he better come up with better than this,we need players with SPL experience ,not guys who "might" be ok

Only became a striker last season and scored 15 goals so your argument is pointless and irrelevant.

One goal in four seasons from midfield.I know a lot of you think the conference is a good standard of football,ive watched enough of it to say with certainty its crap.Hope he does well though,A belated welcome to the club James !!

I have paid £340 quid for my ticket up front and in good faith,this signing doesnt cut it .Its not my job to sign players but he better come up with better than this,we need players with SPL experience ,not guys who "might" be ok

If I was a St.Mirren official I'd get your £340 and ram it up your arse. You're only happy when you're miserable and you're just one of life's perpetual moaners. You're not alone. St.Mirren has always had more than its fair share of fans who only ever seem to criticise. Get a life.

I understand your Dargo point,a fair few others fall into the same category,but this is another example of us pissing in the wind on the off chance that a cheap option will come up trumps.You get what you pay for with very few exceptions.As to who "wouldnt break our wage structure" you make it sound as if we offer £400 quid a week plus win bonuses.McGowans wage alone would secure a tidy,proven striker,or a centre half if we intend on signing one.As to who we should sign ? pointless exercise .We SHOULD have signed Stevenson ,absolute no brainer,but i have no doubts T.C will have some clown on half his wages lined up for that position ,If we,as a club,are totally skint and cant compete with dundee/thistle then thats fair enough,just tell me.Until then i would like to see us sign a known proven footballer rather than a desperate shot in the dark

We're skint. Now f**k off.

Only became a striker last season and scored 15 goals so your argument is pointless and irrelevant.

He was a winger before. You'd expect an attacking player to have scored a few goals surely?

According to soccerbase, this guy has scored 11 league goals in his entire career - and all of them came last season.

Now this guy may be brilliant. But the fact is that his goalscoring stats to date are not great.

He was a winger before. You'd expect an attacking player to have scored a few goals surely?

According to soccerbase, this guy has scored 11 league goals in his entire career - and all of them came last season.

Now this guy may be brilliant. But the fact is that his goalscoring stats to date are not great.

He also broke his leg whilst at Gateshead and spent six months recovering from this.

Ever thought you're perhaps supporting the wrong team?

I really don't understand some so-called Saint's supporters boo-sign.gif

They slag off a player before they have seen them in action, they over-analyse their records, they assume the Conference football level is far below SPL level - all of which is out of order.

By all means criticise the player once he has say 6 to 10 games under his belt and has proved no more useful than a sack of spuds, or criticise the management for 'investing' in such a player, but don't start before you have even seen him kick a ball.

Secondly, accept Scottish football is a way down the pecking order in relation to the standards in the English leagues. It would be a very interesting situation if the UK was the country and we all played in the same league structure - I guess that not many so-called good Scottish teams would figure in the top 3 leagues in England. Just because our leagues get mentioned more in national news, or round-ups doesn't make the football any better than say League 2 or 3 level in England.

Lastly, accept that managing St Mirren is a question of working a VERY tight budget, using your skills to scour the marketplace and come up occasionally with some better players, if not gems. I've said it before, Saints made many forays into the Junior ranks in the past to pick up players who subsequently went on to have very good careers. Why they don't do it now surprises me a little - maybe some think the Junior ranks are filled with has-beens or failed SPL players - which personally I don't think is the case - so maybe a little dip into the Conference Leagues isn't a bad thing.

It's been said before - I'll give every player my support that pulls on a Saints top (even if it's a boorach of a design!).

So we're signing a striker who scored 11 goals last season? Sounds good to me, but we'll have to wait and see how he turns out.

I know you love a stat, but it's impossible to judge someone's career based just on those. Do you know how many assists he recorded while playing wide? Have you taken injuries, team playing style and management into account?

Did you read those Sheff Utd threads re McGinn? For every reasonable, informed poster, there are three that say 'who the f**k's he', 'the SPL's shit', and 'only four goals from midfield in 57 appearances?! He must be shit...'

Of course, people who've seen him play know different, but why bother watching a player and giving him a chance when you can just play make-believe Footie Manager with a stats website?

Just f**king cheer up, man.

Diego Costa has been a striker forever and he only became prolific last year.

That is what we are about - giving chances to guys who maybe have a point to prove. I'd much rather we adopted this strategy than paying over the odds in wages to guys who are on a downward spiral like Kevin Thomson, McPake etc

We have to take chances ..... who had heard of Isma before he became a Buds legend ? cloud9.gif

Welcome on the Saints rollercoaster James and I hope you do well welcomeani.gif

He became a striker last season after playing as a winger and scored some where in the reagion of 11-15 goals (I keep seeing conflicting information on his actual tally for last season). This could either be him finding his calling or a flash in the pan. Either way I think it was worth getting him up here. Also read that he played for the England C team, hes obviously impressing the right people.

I know it shouldn't matter if you have the necessary skills but why do we, in the main, sign attacking players with no physical presence? Adam campbell, paul mcgowan, lewis guy, dougie imrie. The picture of him with teal and goody makes the two of them look massive which we know they aint.

This said, I think this could be a good signing. Comes with no baggage or expectations and from the tone of most comments the support will be getting behind him and giving him the chance he deserves!

Ive not seen the picture but hes 6ft1 and near enough 11 stone, hes bottom end of his ideal weight but I think a striker with pace should be. Thompsons the same height but a stone heavier, the other end of the ideal weight......

You need to be paying more than £340 quid for a season ticket then.

Also we cant compete with partick, if rumours are true, they have near enough doubled their wage cap

Same could be said about Rickie Lambert who was playing as a Midfielder early in his career, before he was converted to a Striker around the same age and started scoring more regularly.

http://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/latest-news/conference-premier-step-two/10760/rickie-lambert-an-inspiration-to-all-non-league-players/

A late developer.

Like who.