James Marwood Signs

Yet again we sign a player and just because not too many users of the forum had heard of him (myself included) the usual suspects have him down as a dud before he even kicks a ball in training never mind in anger. Give guys a chance ffs. There is no way we can afford to sign guys who are household names so we need to try to unearth the hidden gem types. This type of signing has been very successful at plenty other prem clubs so please at least give anyone we sign the benefit of the doubt. If in 6 / 12 months time he turns out to be hopeless then fair enough have a pop at his signing but before he has even pulled on a shirt .............that's just petty nonsense from those who would appear to have a (not so) hidden agenda.

Yet again we sign a player and just because not too many users of the forum had heard of him (myself included) the usual suspects have him down as a dud before he even kicks a ball in training never mind in anger. Give guys a chance ffs.

I'm not putting him down.

I'm commenting his factual goalscoring record.

He'sa striker s I think its perfectly valid to do that.

Its shame that the usual suspects want to drown out any discussion and want to abuse fellow supporters.

Its shame that the usual suspects want to drown out any discussion and want to abuse fellow supporters.

Well he was a winger. How many goals has Gary Teale scored for us in his 4 seasons here? Should he be judged on that?

What he has done before is irrelevant, it's what he can do for us so lets give the bloke a chance. No one knows how this signing will pan out but with a club of our size with our budget anyone who digs even a tiny bit is going to unearth some facts that will point to any signing we make being of the questionable / uninspiring type. No one knew Isma ar Dorman when they signed but for every one of those there are two or three Bahoken's. Every signing we make will be a gamble, a punt but I personally would rather wait and make my own judgement with my own eyes and not be down on the guy (whatever his previous record) before he even kicks a ball.

r u thick? The guy is sticking up for his lack of goals due to breaking his leg..read posts properly before acting the smart arse

I did read it properly, but he didn't mention his lack of goals.1eye.gif

So what's your problem if your honest.

I sure he can stick up for himself.

Edited by pod

I thought posting it after Isa's inane drivel would help make my point clearer.

I'll be more obvious next time.

I apologize, I thought you were having a go at having a possible injury prone player.

As some forum users have a habit of doing.sorry.gif

You gotta laugh though..... Innit!

The amount of people on here complimenting Tommy for working the loan/newcastle connection to sign James.....

Are by and large the same ones who called Danny all the names under the sun for doing the same thing.....!

I predict mass unadulterated knicker wetting when James commits a heinous act like being human in front of goal.

f**k em James..!

Jist stick in the back of the onion net as often as possible.

Yet again we sign a player and just because not too many users of the forum had heard of him (myself included) the usual suspects have him down as a dud before he even kicks a ball in training never mind in anger. Give guys a chance ffs. There is no way we can afford to sign guys who are household names so we need to try to unearth the hidden gem types. This type of signing has been very successful at plenty other prem clubs so please at least give anyone we sign the benefit of the doubt. If in 6 / 12 months time he turns out to be hopeless then fair enough have a pop at his signing but before he has even pulled on a shirt .............that's just petty nonsense from those who would appear to have a (not so) hidden agenda.

Totally agree chap. Who had hear of Ismael Concalves???

Well he was a winger. How many goals has Gary Teale scored for us in his 4 seasons here? Should he be judged on that?

Should he be judged on how many goals Gary Teale scored as a winger? :blink

When did Gary Teale ever play as a striker?

Marwood's goalscoring record as a striker is poor! That is an indisputable fact!

If Marwood's scoring record as a winger or striker was 20, 25, or 30 goals a season, where would he be heading this transfer window?

Clue... It wouldn't be a big town in Scotland for a team who can get a Mark Yardley breakfast fae' the van across the road.

Some folk on here just post to wind the rest of us up. Ignore em'. The guy could be pish, he could have an impact like Thommo', or he could be somewhere in between.

He deserves a fair chance. In our shirt, in our league. FFS!

Marwood's goalscoring record as a striker is poor! That is an indisputable fact!

1 Season as a striker and he got 15 goals with 11 coming in the league in 42 appearance so I would suggest your "fact" is more than disputable its wrong. Teale as a winger hasn't scored in the league for us (even though he has 80 appearances which is more than Marwood made as a winger for Gateshead considering he made 110 appearances overall with 42 of them coming last season) and just like Teale, Marwood hasn't scored for Gateshead while playing as a winger. Also Gary Teale played as a second striker quite a few times for us in his first season.

Poor how? He got into double figures. He was the top scorer for a team who finished 3rd in the Conference Premier.

Isma came from a decent Portuguese team having been loaned out to a top flight French side.not exactly the same

And Bahoken came from a top French side.

It doesn't always work the way of "signed from a good club = good player" & vice versa.

And Bahoken came from a top French side.

It doesn't always work the way of "signed from a good club = good player" & vice versa.

Im still convinced bahonken was a Nigerian internet scam that we fell for hook, line and sinker lol

I'm just happy that we've made our first signing, there will always be moaning from the usual band of naysayers and doom merchants.

Welcome to the club James, I hope you score a load of goals and help the team to a decent league position and maybe even some more silverware.

KTF!!!

I think this is worth a gamble okay no ones heard of him but this could turn out to be a really good signing. He is a gd age and I think he and tommo will do well together. he cost the right amount ,zero, but asides from that we had never hear of goncalves and he turned out all right so gd on tommy more of the same please sir.