James Marwood Signs

Not many of us would have known much about Billy McKay before he signed for Inverness? McKay was hardly prolific with Northampton Town or Hinkley Town, but has proven to have a great record in Scotland.

Correct. Hopefully the same will be the case with Marwood.

Hopefully none of these boo-boys clowns Sit Down next to me....gaun yerself James.

Who is boo-in him? This is a forum for discussion. I have merely highlighted his goalscoring record? Can his goalscoring record not be discussed?

Why did you not just stick to the first half of your sentence and leave it at that, why you had to add the second part is beyond me.

reverse psychology,on the off chance hes browsing this forum hes going to think "i,ll show that c**t" and hey presto we have Marwood the magician as opposed to Marwood the muppet ,method in my madness .If hes reading the usual fanboy posts he wont bother his arse

reverse psychology,on the off chance hes browsing this forum hes going to think "i,ll show that c**t" and hey presto we have Marwood the magician as opposed to Marwood the muppet ,method in my madness .If hes reading the usual fanboy posts he wont bother his arse

Never thought of that, do you think it will work.1eye.gif

Spoke to a lad on twitter who has seen this boy play, he reckons he will be a smash hit. Lightning fast apparently. Fingers crossed !

Why would we listen to someone who's actually seen him play, instead of the experts on here who can tell what he'll be like without even going to those lengths?

So THAT'S what Elvis has been up to all this time? Who'd have thunk it????

So THAT'S what Elvis has been up to all this time? Who'd have thunk it????

I always had this saints0 character down as a piss-poor elvis impersonatory (that reminds me, where has E=MC2 been of late...?).

Why would we listen to someone who's actually seen him play, instead of the experts on here who can tell what he'll be like without even going to those lengths?

you don't think that his goalscoring record is a guide to his goalscoring ability? Much better to rely on third hand comments from twitter! :lol: Edited by Isabella Duke

you don't think that his goalscoring record is a guide to his goalscoring ability? Much better to rely on third hand comments from twitter! lol.gif:

I've already given my response to your posts, but you've not addressed those. I know you love a bit of repetition, (as much as I love an understatement, apparently) but fuxake, move the discussion on mate.

Here it is again to save you going back: the stats are all well and good, but out of context they only give part of the story. He scored 11 goals last season, which is a decent return for a second-choice striker. He is an in-form striker, converted from a midfielder. AFAIK, none of us has seen him play, but I'd rather build a picture of the guy based on a combination of numbers, feedback from others, and my own impressions, before deciding if he'll be any good.

Anyway, you are clearly a genius who can tell everything about a player from a two-digit number on a website. Quite why you haven't scaled the heights to the upper echelons of football scouting is beyond me. It's a loss to the game of football that you've spent vast swathes of time boring us lot about the f**king long ball game for over 15 years, instead of acting as adviser-in-chief to the world's biggest football clubs, tapping into your ability to tell how good a player is without ever watching him play.

I'm glad, at least, you can make yourself laugh, anyway.

I want to say first that I really hope this signing pays off.

Just been watching a little of the Gateshead v Cambridge conference final.

The commentator mention how marwood scored 15 goals last season but he had scored 1 goal in 71 games before that!!!!

I hope we get last seasons marwood then again he could just be a squad player.