Kenny Mclean Signs 2 Year Deal

I cant understand why folk r surprised that clubs in England aren't after mclean. Thinking back to the 80s when there was far less cash and loads of Scots in England, even billy stark spent his whole career in Scotland. We lost Paul lambert to Motherwell ffs. McLean is decent but he's not in that league. Mcginn will get a club in England.

I cant understand why folk r surprised that clubs in England aren't after mclean. Thinking back to the 80s when there was far less cash and loads of Scots in England, even billy stark spent his whole career in Scotland. We lost Paul lambert to Motherwell ffs. McLean is decent but he's not in that league. Mcginn will get a club in England.

I don't think McGinn will.

SPL isn't rated by England

Alblity isn't a problem but height and good pace is especially down there

Could you say McGinn is international level?

As he will needto be to get a move down in Englad

The logic of the current transfer market baffles me at times but I reckon it's now unlikely that any club down south is going to fork out the compensation required for McLean this window. I welcome the opportunity to get another season or two from McLean.

Must be frustrating for "the lad" - hopefully he can get an injury free season at last and produce the sort of performances that we all know he's capable of.

Their loss.

I don't think McGinn will.

SPL isn't rated by England

Alblity isn't a problem but height and good pace is especially down there

Could you say McGinn is international level?

As he will needto be to get a move down in Englad

Yes you could considering he was captain of the international u19 team! So Scotland have recognised him. Must be something in England that the clubs don't see in Kenny, maybe he is too lightweight to play there as his compensation fee is hardly much as I've researched this. McLean would require compensation of 140k whereas next summer we can expect 360k for McGinn. If there has already been bids for McGinn it's clear to see how clubs in England rate each player.

I am delighted that he might be staying but if he wants the move he craves he needs to be consistently excellent,the fact that no club were willing to pay the nominal fee to take him down south speaks volumes,hopefully their loss will be our gain in the coming season

You really have no idea what you are talking about. We knocked back a sizeable offer for him quite some time ago. Edited by BuddieinEK

Yes you could considering he was captain of the international u19 team! So Scotland have recognised him. Must be something in England that the clubs don't see in Kenny, maybe he is too lightweight to play there as his compensation fee is hardly much as I've researched this. McLean would require compensation of 140k whereas next summer we can expect 360k for McGinn. If there has already been bids for McGinn it's clear to see how clubs in England rate each player.

£140k? I'm not sure you've researched this correctly bud.

I'm surprised no English team has taken a chance on Kenny - especially when you compare his record to someone like Fraser Fyvie who Aberdeen sold for around £500,000.

Would really like to see him sign a new and improved 2 year deal. Hopefully he can stay injury free this season and perform at a consistently high standard and earn a lucrative move next summer down south. With his talent and passing skills I think he would be better suited to the English game.

As for Fyvie - since he left Aberdeen he has played a total of 7 games - 1 for Wigan, 2 for Yeovil and 4 for Shrewsbury Town.

Aberdeen also sold Ryan Fraser for £400,000 to AFC Bournemouth.

Perhaps we need to get Fitzy back into the club as PR man to start talking up our players in the press in the same way that Aberdeen, Dundee Utd and Hamilton have done in recent years.

For a club of our size to survive and prosper we need to continue to develop and sell on our youth development graduates as well as improving our off-field commercial activities.

Ideally we can sell on a few for big bucks - and set aside some money for when TV revenues dry up or we are relegated.

Yeah and was it Callum King that went from Hearts for £1.5 m1eye.gif

WTF was that?

You wouldn't know the truth if it smack you on the face.

Have you been looking into your crystal ball again.1eye.gif

Listen if you think St Mirren are all of a sudden going to start winning more than about a dozen games a season your deluded other than if we go into the championship.And thats counting cup games .

Edited by elvis

Listen if you think St Mirren are all of a sudden going to start winning more than about a dozen games a season your deluded other than if we go into the championship.And thats counting cup games .

Is there someone holding a gun to your head making you support St Mirren. If I was you I'd chuck it.

Careful elvis,they will have you down as a sevco fan for realism like that

They. So we are categorised now. They being the optimists. Fine by me. After all, its only a game of football.

Exactly.

I prefer to think of myself as an optimistic pragmatist, I'm willing to concede that we are highly unlikely to be pushing for a top three or four spot, and that our only chance of getting into Europe is a Scottish Cup win.

I'm also willing to concede that at this moment a top six spot is possibly out of our reach.

The only absolute that I hold to is that I will absolutely continue to support the team that I love regardless of how we are playing, who is playing for us and how our results pan out.

SMTID

KTF

Exactly.

I prefer to think of myself as an optimistic pragmatist, I'm willing to concede that we are highly unlikely to be pushing for a top three or four spot, and that our only chance of getting into Europe is a Scottish Cup win.

I'm also willing to concede that at this moment a top six spot is possibly out of our reach.

The only absolute that I hold to is that I will absolutely continue to support the team that I love regardless of how we are playing, who is playing for us and how our results pan out.

SMTID

KTF

I agree with your last sentence completely,i just wish people who voice their concerns over signings,team,manager etc were not shouted down on here as not being true supporters,sevco fans and the like.This is supposed to be a forum not a sycophantic love in

You will be surprised, st mirren can't get any club to pay the full compensation so are willing to take the cut in compo so that Kenny doesn't leave for nothing.

Ok that's not true. He will either leave for the full compensation or he will stay.

He can leave for nothing in 2 years, not before then.