Kenny Mclean Signs 2 Year Deal

Do you not think Kenny would have signed a new contract earlier if he really wanted to stay, the only reason he is staying is because no English club were willing to pay his compensation and that is a fact. Believe it or not

Well of course?

He can't leave for nothing though. So why would we negotiate down the compensation? Why not just keep him?

Do you not think Kenny would have signed a new contract earlier if he really wanted to stay, the only reason he is staying is because no English club were willing to pay his compensation and that is a fact. Believe it or not.

My hunch too that the club is in a three way stand-off with McLean and some unknown English club(s).

Contractual situations these days are complicated and there were rumours (on P&B cool.png OK not the most reliable source) that James McCarthy's move from Wigan to Everton last August involved Hamilton having to take a hit on the sell-on part of the first transfer.

Speculation & bullshit, the common currency of the football forum - all fun & games until someone, inevitably, has a meltdown.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Do you not think Kenny would have signed a new contract earlier if he really wanted to stay, the only reason he is staying is because no English club were willing to pay his compensation and that is a fact. Believe it or not

No, our spl status, management team and budget were all unknown earlier. Hence the wait. Only sensible for both club and player. There are english teams sniffing around, but I think he will make the right decision. Of course he could still move and then we all look stupid whistling.gif

Swansea have just signed Stephen Kingsley from Falkirk for £325k so I would think there would be a fair few clubs willing to pay up for Kenny (not that I want them to).

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/blog/swansea-city-swoop-for-kingsley/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

325k according to @agentscotland

Edited by tuurner

That sort of money is chicken feed for EPL clubs. So it does surprise me no large bids have been tabled by EPL or Championship clubs for McGinn and Mclean as they have proven themselves in the top league in Scotland, each won a major domestic honour and international recognition at u21 level which is more than this youngster from Falkirk.

Good luck to the lad Kingsley - hope he makes a success of this opportunity - tough league to get regular games though.

McGinn for me is a very special talent and I think he has a massive heid future in the game. If Goodwin plays less this season I'd like to see McGinn given a more prominent role as the defensive holding midfielder. Look how successful Paul Lambert became in that role with Dortmund and Scotland.

Totally agree

Callum King I believe is still at Hearts.

Talking of big transfer fees received by Scottish clubs. How about Craig Gordon - £9,000,000 paid by Sunderland - yet Hearts still went into administration.

What a clusterf**k of a club.

Adm King His brorther. Fee is undisclosed,

That sort of money is chicken feed for EPL clubs. So it does surprise me no large bids have been tabled by EPL or Championship clubs for McGinn and Mclean as they have proven themselves in the top league in Scotland, each won a major domestic honour and international recognition at u21 level which is more than this youngster from Falkirk.

Good luck to the lad Kingsley - hope he makes a success of this opportunity - tough league to get regular games though.

McGinn for me is a very special talent and I think he has a massive heid future in the game. If Goodwin plays less this season I'd like to see McGinn given a more prominent role as the defensive holding midfielder. Look how successful Paul Lambert became in that role with Dortmund and Scotland.

Both McGinn and McLean are amazing talents but we'll be doing well if we hold on to both longer than next summer providing they are still here come the end of the transfer window.

Edited by tuurner

I'll be surprised if they move this year. Both have performed well for us but are probably seen as only slightly better than average in the scheme of things. they are also well adrift of the fitness standard required for Championship clubs. Both need to do a power of work before they start to measure up to the benchmark down south-it really is fitness and physique that is the difference between average and good players these days.

I'll be surprised if they move this year. Both have performed well for us but are probably seen as only slightly better than average in the scheme of things. they are also well adrift of the fitness standard required for Championship clubs. Both need to do a power of work before they start to measure up to the benchmark down south-it really is fitness and physique that is the difference between average and good players these days.[/quote

Harkins was a success at Oldham! Hardly a workaholic. As was Snodgrass, Broadfoot etc

I'll be surprised if they move this year. Both have performed well for us but are probably seen as only slightly better than average in the scheme of things. they are also well adrift of the fitness standard required for Championship clubs. Both need to do a power of work before they start to measure up to the benchmark down south-it really is fitness and physique that is the difference between average and good players these days.[/quote

Harkins was a success at Oldham! Hardly a workaholic. As was Snodgrass, Broadfoot etc

Nobody on here is touting harkins as a potential big-money target for an upwardly-mobile championship club, but plenty are suggesting that McGinn & McLean are worthy of six-figure sums and more. i was simply highlighting the quality of the players they will be assessed against and that they are works in progress on the fitness and physique front

Edited by beyond our ken