Kenny Mclean Signs 2 Year Deal

Great news ! clap.gif

Now, who is still fretting about a dafty yellow fitba strip ? 1eye.gif

I'm now seriously considering getting the home strip with Mclean on the back, and if we manage to hold onto McGinn then it's a definite!

I'm getting more and more of a good feeling about the upcoming season.

Get McGinn and McLean in centre of midfield with Teale on right & Wylde on left and two up front in Thommo and Marwood.

It's goals - goals - goals we want.

If Goodwin *has* to play I'd even settle for him in back 4 with Cheezy, Kelly and Naismith.

Although I'd still want us to sign a big feck off Centre Back.

Can even switch it and play a 4-3-3 with Goody, McGinn and McLean in the midfield and Marwood, Thommo and Wylde in the forward areas.

And who knows, maybe some more youth players will make the step up?

A few more decent signings and we have a good squad. The news today has been a big boost. clap.gif

I'm now seriously considering getting the home strip with Mclean on the back, and if we manage to hold onto McGinn then it's a definite!

I'm getting more and more of a good feeling about the upcoming season.

You can also get the away yin with McGinn on the back. thumbup2.gif

Really marvellous news. If Kenny starts the new season in the form he finished last season, we will be in for a real good year. I do agree a big 'thou shalt not pass' stopper would be a great acquisition now.

It's a must that we bring in at least another striker and 2 CH's.

Kinda feels like we now at least have a full playable team for next year.

Kello

Kelly, McAusland, Goodwin, Naismith

Teale, McGinn, McLean, Wylde

Thompson Marwood

another striker, either first choice or support for the fullback positions and a centre back and we will have a reasonable squad on a well reduced budget id guess. We dont seem to be as loose with the money this year which is a good thing, quality over quantity.

I also suspect we'll be using youth players a lot more - it seems to be TC's reputation in this area that helped get him the job.

Totally agree with everyone else, though - I'd settle for the lovechild of Tommy Turner, Will Haining and Scott Walker coming in at centre half...

Kello

Thompson Marwood

another striker, either first choice or support for the fullback positions and a centre back and we will have a reasonable squad on a well reduced budget id guess. We dont seem to be as loose with the money this year which is a good thing, quality over quantity.

Looking decent so far. I think we'll go with a sitting midfielder this season and one up top, though. Goodwin alternating with Declan Hughes and Thommo/Marwood.

Kello

Naismith McAusland (CB) Kelly

Goodwin

Teale McLean McGinn Wylde

Thompson

Edited by Murray7

Someone at the club has done an absolutely marvellous job here. Let's not forget, our own chairman said this just after KM was named PotM for May:

"I think for Kenny's development, yes it's probably time for him to move down south," Gilmour added. "Sometimes a player just comes to the point when it's time to move."

So, well done, to whoever it was that convinced this boy to stay. clap.gif

Someone at the club has done an absolutely marvellous job here. Let's not forget, our own chairman said this just after KM was named PotM for May:

So, well done, to whoever it was that convinced this boy to stay. clap.gif

If a marvellous job means continuing to employ a player not wanted elsewhere .Yes a real f**king coup

Kello

Thompson Marwood

That really is the bare bones of a team though, considering at least 2 wont be likely to have a full season in them and at least one needs to show that end of season form is carried over into a whole new attitude. Just like yesterday, we are still 6 players short of a basic first team squad

I'll be honest - I'm absolutely feckin stunned we have Kenny for another two seasons - I thought the best we may have managed was one season after a long drawn out process.

Let's hope there will also be improved extended contracts for our other young talents.

Next season could be a special one in the league.

That and we managed to keep Kello .

Signing of the summer for us, no way we are topping that. Tremendous news, congratulations to Tommy, Brian and all the others at the club who made this happen.

Kenny has the raw talent to be one of the top midfielders in the league and a Scotland regular.

He's now a senior pro on senior pro wages and he needs to add a level of consistency to his game, as he did toward the end of last season when he won the young player of the month gong. This contract gives him that platform to showcase his undoubted ability.

I would like to see him played further forward behind Thommo in the role occupied by Harkins and McGowan for much of last season. Kenny has the knack of timing runs, the goal scoring touch and is one of the best strikers of the football in the country. I think he could get at least 10 goals next year if he's played there.

Great news regardless though :D