The World Cup R.i.p.

shull

I didnae think i wouldve lasted as long watching it.

Not now, game over.

The cheats, divers, jessies and fairies have won.

Cnut Robben hammered the final nail in the coffin containing the deid beautiful game.

World Cup, European Championships, Champions League and English Premiership - all ruined by the moronic cheats.

Give me Scottish Football everytime.

It's not quite as bad, yet.

f**kEM !

Not now, game over.

Cnut Robben hammered the final nail in the coffin containing the deid beautiful game.

World Cup, European Championships, Champions League and English Premiership - all ruined by the moronic cheats.

f**kEM !

FFS

Not now, game over.

f**kEM !

I can't make up my mind about the penalty, Shull. Robben made a bit of a meal of it but Marquez did seem to stand on his toe at least. Think back to when you played football. Depending on the weight applied you are very likely to go down. I can see the day coming relatively soon when there will have to be TV replays with a panel. I think last night's would have been a tough one to call.

I'm enjoying the football too much to opt out. It hasn't reached the heights yet but we can hope. I've got Argentina in my son's works draw and I've fancied Germany for ages. But I don't gamble. That's for...... other people.

If you didnt know Robben dives everytime time he enters the box, then you dont know football. This twat has been at it for years. Cheats never prosper. Just ask Uraguay.

I'm not a gambler but I'm prepared to bet anything you want that Robben does not dive every time he enters the box. Watch a replay of last night's game and count.

I'm not a gambler but I'm prepared to bet anything you want that Robben does not dive every time he enters the box. Watch a replay of last night's game and count.

You are right but the commentator and his analystbangin.gif ,(Why do we need more guys analysing than actually playing?), were absolutely shocked by Robben's actions when he DIDN'T dive in the box!

Says it all really.

Edited by stlucifer

Robben admitted in the paper this morning that he dived several times during that match but claims not for the penalty. Ban him anyway. The guy has been at it for years. I always want a team that Robben plays in to lose.

Robben was clearly kicked not once, but twice, in quick succession in the box earlier in the game. A clear-cut Netherlands penalty. For the penalty he DID get, in my humble opinion, he took the 'opportunity' to do a swan dive over Marquez' leg to dive for a penalty. Robben is clearly a top player, I also have him marked down as a cheating cnut who has a pus I'd never tire of slapping.

Rick, when i played football at school, nobody dived.

We were men then even though we were just weans playing football.

NAE JESSIES ALLOWED.

And we aw wore black boots.

For every bit of diving and cheating, there have also been some moments of sublime skill. For me, Columbia are the best team in the tournament, get your money on them to beat a poor Brazil team on Friday. 12-1 to win the Cup, not bad odds.

Robben admitted in the paper this morning that he dived several times during that match but claims not for the penalty. Ban him anyway. The guy has been at it for years. I always want a team that Robben plays in to lose.

Just like Rat face saying he didnt bite Chiellini.

It just goes to show that if a player can lie to your face about an incident that clearly shows otherwise on tv footage, then they clearly are despicable people some of them. I know i wouldnt want to be friends with people like that.

NAE JESSIES ALLOWED.

I agree Robben is a diver and I hope FIFA has the balls to suspend him for admitting he dived. I still think think there was a bit of an argument that the one he got was a penalty. I was in a club watching it and I reckon we were split into three camps. Those who thought it was, those who thought it wasn't and those who thought because it was Robben it shouldn't have been given even if they had kicked his head in.

I don't remember any Jessies when I played. And we aw wore broon boots when we started playing at first.

NAE JESSIES ALLOWED.

We got free milk and the belt.

Things move on.

For every bit of diving and cheating, there have also been some moments of sublime skill.

Aye but the problem is that you can have the best bottle of wine opened and ready to drink but put even the tiniest flake of shit in it and you have a bottle of shit.

Edited by oaksoft

Aye but the problem is that you can have the best bottle of wine opened and ready to drink but put even the tiniest flake of shit in it and you have a bottle of shit.

True, but that single bottle with shit in it shouldn't be allowed to spoil the other eleven good bottles in the case.

True, but that single bottle with shit in it shouldn't be allowed to spoil the other eleven good bottles in the case.

Turn a blind eye you mean?

Isn't that the attitude we've always taken?

Justifying why players cheat by using softer phrases like "taking the opportunity to go down in the box" or "taking the hit" or "there was contact however minimal".

Seriously, how anyone can enjoy this is beyond me.

It reminds me of the doping scandal in cycling and sprinting. Everyone knows about it but pretends it's not a problem. At least the governing bodies there have done something about it. In football there's too much corruption for this to be tackled.

The whole of football at this level is utterly farcical and that's before we get onto the embarassment of grown adults hero worshipping and idolising people who earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a week to kick a ball. We just gloss over the utter obscenity of that as well do we?

At what point do we say "You know what? f**k this. The whole thing is corrupt to the core. Enough is enough".

Until we are prepared to automatically ban anyone who deliberately goes down easily football will continue to fester and wither away.

The problem with your analogy is that when you know one of the bottles is shit, your confidence in the quality of the remainder takes a hit.

Good luck selling the rest of your vintage wine collection when people know about that one bottle.

Turn a blind eye you mean?

Isn't that the attitude we've always taken?

Justifying why players cheat by using softer phrases like "taking the opportunity to go down in the box" or "taking the hit" or "there was contact however minimal".

Seriously, how anyone can enjoy this is beyond me.

It reminds me of the doping scandal in cycling and sprinting. Everyone knows about it but pretends it's not a problem. At least the governing bodies there have done something about it. In football there's too much corruption for this to be tackled.

The whole of football at this level is utterly farcical and that's before we get onto the embarassment of grown adults hero worshipping and idolising people who earn hundreds of thousands of pounds a week to kick a ball. We just gloss over the utter obscenity of that as well do we?

At what point do we say "You know what? f**k this. The whole thing is corrupt to the core. Enough is enough".

Until we are prepared to automatically ban anyone who deliberately goes down easily football will continue to fester and wither away.

The problem with your analogy is that when you know one of the bottles is shit, your confidence in the quality of the remainder takes a hit.

Good luck selling the rest of your vintage wine collection when people know about that one bottle.

I wholly applaud your spirited stand, whilst I shall really honestly regret your immediate departure from this typically dastardly football forum due to your admirable moral perfectionism.

Ta Ta. :)

Turn a blind eye? Who said that. Robben being a diving cnut has not ruined the World Cup for me. It's surely not a difficult concept to get your head around.

I thought last season's Scottish top flight was a good exciting season too. No, hold on.... Scott Brown is a cnut. Shit, the whole thing has been spoiled for me.

ST being returned tomorrow - just in case Neil Lennon punches a referee in the pus. No, hold on again... He's away! Hurrah! Next season will be a belter!