Away Kit

We've gotta come with health warnings now:

Home strip- Do not adjust your set, it's St Mirren's crappy pin stripes that look like interference on your screen and viewing for longer than 20 mins can result in hallucinations and/or fits

Away strip- It is advisable to wear sunglasses while watching as it's so bright it may permanently damage your eyesight ( as happened to those that designed them!!!!)

My son was born recently. We have started a memory box for him to give on his 18th birthday. My plan was to get the home and away kit of the up and coming season, get them printed with surname and my footy squad number on the back (God knows where I'd get that done), and put them in the for him. I thought by the time he is 18 they would be retro and a nice gesture.

They are so crap I can't do that to him. I was hoping for a 3rd kit that would be alright to do this, but pozbaird has said we won't have one this season. Gutted.

Paisley Express says ..

' St Mirren chiefs unveiled the club's new away kit and are confident it will be a winner with the fans. '

I agree.

It's beginning to grow on me.

I may yet purchase one for myself as well as for the wean.

First home game.

St Mirren Park, a sea of yellow.

Fantastic !

I widnae mind a black and white and yellow scarf also.

Need a shop first though.

I think the saddest thing about the away kit, is that it has two potentially great kits in it, and they've f**ked it up!

Thick stripes on the home kit - it's not great, but it would be a nice change - a throw back to the 81/82 kit of sorts!

An all yellow away top, with a simple collar, would be a great kit too. Not red, but after the success of last years yellow kit, it would fly off of the shelves!

It really does look like they've been looking at template for the home kit, couldn't decide, so had to settle to use one as the away kit in someway, and now we have ended up with this monstrosity.

Such a shame, over killed a design trying to be too fancy.

I think the saddest thing about the away kit, is that it has two potentially great kits in it, and they've f**ked it up!

Thick stripes on the home kit - it's not great, but it would be a nice change - a throw back to the 81/82 kit of sorts!

An all yellow away top, with a simple collar, would be a great kit too. Not red, but after the success of last years yellow kit, it would fly off of the shelves!

It really does look like they've been looking at template for the home kit, couldn't decide, so had to settle to use one as the away kit in someway, and now we have ended up with this monstrosity.

Such a shame, over killed a design trying to be too fancy.

I think the worst fault on both kits, (by all means not the only one), is the superman-esque logo on the front. It takes over the whole shirt. Unnecessarily obtrusive.

I think the worst fault on both kits, (by all means not the only one), is the superman-esque logo on the front. It takes over the whole shirt. Unnecessarily obtrusive.

I agree the sponsor is hideous. However, I can only assume that we're getting a lot of money to have that sponsor. I could live with the sponsor if it was on a good looking kit.

First of all we suffered the indignity when the revelation of the home kit was thrust upon us to gasps of dissapointment.

All that had to be done with the away kit was a low risk, one colour top with our clubs crest and sponsor logo theron. That was all that was required to make the away kit the preferable choice for non blind supporters of our great club. It really was that easy.

What has been revealed is

HONKING

I've mentioned this before, but when I did the 2012/13 kits, I got to see what JD Sports own in-house team came up with then. Masses of red in the home kit designs. Screamed 'Dunfermline!' from the rooftops. Being the stubborn basturt' I am, I told rea my opinion and that I wasn't just saying it to get the club to plump for my design. I was giving my honest opinion.

I don't know what their design team are thinking, because their first 'Fila sponsored' kit was nice, and last season's, with a wee dash of yellow was nice too. Subjective matter of course. All I can think of is that they have grasped the opportunity to turn our stadium and kits into one big JD Sports corporate-coloured advertisement, and no-one in the boardroom is bothered about it, happy to let them crack on, as the deal sees JD take care of everything, including retail outlets, so the BoD don't need to get involved.

Perhaps this season we might see JD Sports take over running of the shop by fitting out the void as an out-of-town retail centre.

Did Brian Caldwell in one of his updates say that there was going to be an announcement about the club shop?

It would not surprise me if JD Sports end up buying the club - allowing them to rename the stadium and also the team.

The JD Saints.

If that happened, we'd be the fittest team in the league, as we'd be the king of trainers.

I'll get my coat on the way oot'...

Is it possible this away top should be "matched" with a thick striped home top, hence the slightly visible chest?

Unfortunately your board didn't "get it". And plumped for a home and away top that don't pair up.

Somewhere in JDs design folder there's an away top with a hint of pinstriped black and white. And a thick striped home top.

Is it possible this away top should be "matched" with a thick striped home top, hence the slightly visible chest?

Unfortunately your board didn't "get it". And plumped for a home and away top that don't pair up.

Somewhere in JDs design folder there's an away top with a hint of pinstriped black and white. And a thick striped home top.

The BOD had a chance to redeem themselves after allowing the most awful Home Strip on any team I have ever seen, and which make that Scotland away top- the white one with big jaggy red and purple bits,look quite subtle, to be what has been subjected on us.

The 'Chief executive' Brian Caldwell also had this to say about the new 'Kit; in the Paisley Daily Express (Wednesday 02/07/14- Back Page) The Bright yellow top incorporates elements of the Home strip(being shite perhaps?), in a move that which the Saints Chief Executive Brian Caldwell reckons is a first.

He told Express Sports "To my knowledge, I don't think this has been done before (With good reasons Brian!) "The designers (used in the loosest possible terms) have built part of our traditional (which parts?- a 'token' splash of Black & White) home kit into the away top, which I thought was really clever.(What does that say about the company he keeps?)

"JD Sports sent over a couple of samples but WE agreed the design WE chose was the best"

Any comments about his statement, and any Idea why there is now so much of a fetish to get as much yellow on our kits as possible?

The BOD had a chance to redeem themselves after allowing the most awful Home Strip on any team I have ever seen, and which make that Scotland away top- the white one with big jaggy red and purple bits,look quite subtle, to be what has been subjected on us.

The 'Chief executive' Brian Caldwell also had this to say about the new 'Kit; in the Paisley Daily Express (Wednesday 02/07/14- Back Page) The Bright yellow top incorporates elements of the Home strip(being shite perhaps?), in a move that which the Saints Chief Executive Brian Caldwell reckons is a first.

He told Express Sports "To my knowledge, I don't think this has been done before (With good reasons Brian!) "The designers (used in the loosest possible terms) have built part of our traditional (which parts?- a 'token' splash of Black & White) home kit into the away top, which I thought was really clever.(What does that say about the company he keeps?)

"JD Sports sent over a couple of samples but WE agreed the design WE chose was the best"

Any comments about his statement, and any Idea why there is now so much of a fetish to get as much yellow on our kits as possible?

If this is the best , I'd like to see what wasn't chosen , then have it destroyed so it's not inflicted on us in the future