Grown Man In Fitba Shirt Shocker!

JohnBoy

Quite a lot of folk on here are of the opinion that an adult should not wear a football shirt for some reason.

I wear a polo shirt in work but I don't play polo for a living. I also wear hiking boots but don't go hiking.

My wife wears ballet pumps but she is not a ballerina.

When I get home and take my hiking boots off, I may put on my cons, even if have no intention of playing baseball.

A football shirt is made for an adult by default with variations made for weans etc for merchandising and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH WEARING ONE! (even if you aren't playing football)

I can't get to all of the games all the time and I live in Glasgow so I do like to buy at least one Saints shirt every season to kick about in to (hopefully) give some extra cash to the club and to show my support for my team!

I probably won't bother this year though, those new strips are unbelievably bad!

Wear my football tops about the house, when I play 5's, also at Scotland, Liverpool & Cup Semi games. There are some instances though when a grown man shouldn't be wearing a football top/strip, like when it's Medium size and it should be XXL that they are wearing

Quite a lot of folk on here are of the opinion that an adult should not wear a football shirt for some reason.

I wear a polo shirt in work but I don't play polo for a living. I also wear hiking boots but don't go hiking.

When I get home and take my hiking boots off, I may put on my cons, even if have no intention of playing baseball.

A football shirt is made for an adult by default with variations made for weans etc for merchandising and there is NOTHING WRONG WITH WEARING ONE! (even if you aren't playing football)

I can't get to all of the games all the time and I live in Glasgow so I do like to buy at least one Saints shirt every season to kick about in to (hopefully) give some extra cash to the club and to show my support for my team!

I probably won't bother this year though, those new strips are unbelievably bad!

I can't see any problem with grown men wearing football shirts. Why shouldn't people be allowed to show their support towards a club.

Haven't bought a new saints kit for a while as I didn't like them too much but I think I may buy a polo shirt instead this time around.

Edited by tuurner

I wear a T-Shirt, but I don't particularly like tea. whistling.gif

Perhaps , what gives the "adult wearing fitba'tap " thing a bad name , is the typical over-weight , Ned OF types who you used to observe , wandering around Moss St of a Saturday afternoon and apparently oblivious to the fact that their team is even playing , you know , the kind of guys whom might never have been to an association fitba' match in their naturals .. .

Personally , I wear desert boots and l don 't go to the desert , anymore . .

Absolutely nothing wrong with a grown man wearing a football top.

Anyone who wants to look like a extra from River City has that right.

Can we still take the piss though?

I wear shorts, but I'm average height. I wear slippers, but they actually grip the floor very well. I wear a dress shirt, but with trousers, not a dress. I don't wear the new St Mirren home shirt because I'm not clinically insane.

You are wrong to suggest that adults who wear a football shirt to a game don't play the game.

I can assure you that when I wear my St. Mirren shirt whilst sitting in the Main Stand I kick every ball.

(and in ma heid there is no stray passes or missed shots at goal)

Perhaps , what gives the "adult wearing fitba'tap " thing a bad name , is the typical over-weight , Ned OF types who you used to observe , wandering around Moss St of a Saturday afternoon and apparently oblivious to the fact that their team is even playing , you know , the kind of guys whom might never have been to an association fitba' match in their naturals .. .

Personally , I wear desert boots and l don 't go to the desert , anymore . .

Not even for the Renfrewshire Cup final?

:)

You are wrong to suggest that adults who wear a football shirt to a game don't play the game.

I can assure you that when I wear my St. Mirren shirt whilst sitting in the Main Stand I kick every ball.

(and in ma heid there is no stray passes or missed shots at goal)

Tragically, that Heid of yours is usually clad in a balaclava, that you wear back to front.

You haven't a clue about how shite you play.

I never wear football shirts.

I dress impeccably.

I also never wear dresses... :unsure:

You're taking things too serious.

Good night Johnboy bye1.gif

Tragically, that Heid of yours is usually clad in a balaclava, that you wear back to front.

You haven't a clue about how shite you play.

I never wear football shirts.

I dress impeccably.

I also never wear dresses... :unsure:

I must correct you on two points.

I have never worn that well known Greek dessert made of phyllo pastry containing honey and nuts on my napper and secondly you have never been caught wearing a dress. Big difference.

I must correct you on two points.

I have never worn that well known Greek dessert made of phyllo pastry containing honey and nuts on my napper and secondly you have never been caught wearing a dress. Big difference.

if you've never caught me wearing my dress, how do you know about my two points?

Stopped reading the OP at the hiking boots mention.

One of my pet hates is these people who wear Aldi hiking boots and combat trousers... Most commonly found on middle aged geeks in call centres.

You might as well tell folk you've given up.

Stopped reading the OP at the hiking boots mention.

One of my pet hates is these people who wear Aldi hiking boots and combat trousers...

I think that's a cool look.

Either way there's no chance I'm telling my wife that she looks dreadful wearing them.

Surely it's all down to individual taste but there's no doubt some grown men manage to look ridiculous. As has been pointed out there are no bespoke strips and blokes with a 46'' chest and a 56'' waist look bloody awful. But, hey, possibly they would look just as bad in their normal casual gear. I think a lot of guys can get away with wearing strips but virtually anyone can wear a polo shirt. Big guts will still show.