Alternate Strip Suggestions!

I don't know to what extent the club had a say in the kits, if it was a significant one then I'm quite disappointed, because they are truly awful...there is sound logic in the assumption that a simple, traditional design with as little commercial jazz as possible makes for happier supporters, more sales and less epileptic seizures.

If the club/board didn't have a say...I still retain huge disappointment in them for whoring out the SMFC shirt to that chavy scumbag of a retailer...absolutely ridiculous!

Edited by ss39Lavety

I don't know to what extent the club had a say in the kits, if it was a significant one then I'm quite disappointed, because they are truly awful...there is sound logic in the assumption that a simple, traditional design with as little commercial jazz as possible makes for happier supporters, more sales and less epileptic seizures.

If the club/board didn't have a say...I still retain huge disappointment in them for whoring out the SMFC shirt to that chavy scumbag of a retailer...absolutely ridiculous!

You cannae cal them that, Zohan will be having a fit

You cannae cal them that, Zohan will be having a fit

I think the overall presentation of the kits goes way beyond the scope of worrying about fits...and there is nothing about that huge ugly tragedy of a logo that doesn't scream "chavy scumbag retailer" smile.png

Edited by ss39Lavety

Quote from The Brian Caldwell update thread :

How are the sales of the new home strip going ?
JD sales of the home strips are more or less the same as this time last year.

I find that very hard to believe, that seems like a "talk it up" sales line from JD.

IMO you just arent seeing anywhere near as many out & about . The kids playing footy in the park opposite my house seem to have shunned it with only one away kit on show. (which actually in the flesh looks not as bad as first seemed)

This strip will go down in history as being every bit as much of a disaster as the Bib !

Quote from The Brian Caldwell update thread :

How are the sales of the new home strip going ?

JD sales of the home strips are more or less the same as this time last year.

I find that very hard to believe, that seems like a "talk it up" sales line from JD.

IMO you just arent seeing anywhere near as many out & about . The kids playing footy in the park opposite my house seem to have shunned it with only one away kit on show. (which actually in the flesh looks not as bad as first seemed)

This strip will go down in history as being every bit as much of a disaster as the Bib !

I believe Brian Caldwell & JD....................................peoples perceptions can be wild of the mark. whistling.gif

Although if your basing it on the kids in the park, well, I'm with you. laugh.png

Almost every year the new strip gets some negative comments but, invariably, sells about the same.

I believe Brian Caldwell & JD....................................peoples perceptions can be wild of the mark. whistling.gif

Although if your basing it on the kids in the park, well, I'm with you. laugh.png

Almost every year the new strip gets some negative comments but, invariably, sells about the same.

Whilst I think the new kit is terrible I have to admit almost all of my grandkid's footballing friends have the home kit. He loves his. It's almost a weapon as far as my daughter is concermned because of the threat of it being withdrawn from use if he misbehaves.

The Development team played in the new strip last night against Celtic.

Visually it wasn't as bad as I first imagined, however I would say that it would have been slightly difficult if it was a televised game as the strips weren't that different from a distance - the main difference between the two being our black socks to their white, otherwise they looked predominantly white or light in shading and a camera might have had difficulty in distinguishing................................ or maybe it's just my failing old eyesight!

• 2 weeks later...

I´m old and can't do techy things, can somebody do the Argentina strip with black instead of light blue and a saints badge ?

Aye...

attachicon.gifkitadidas.jpg

Watching match of the day last night and noticed that Sunderland have the adidas Argentina strip with red instead of light blue surely Pozbaird and I are due some sort of percentage ???

• 2 weeks later...