Renfrewshire Cup Semi

Morton are playing Viewfield Rovers at Cappielow on Monday 14th, does anybody know when our semi is and is it at ralston or greenhill rd

Does anyone really care about the Renfrewshire Cup anymore , even what dingy team we play in the semi or where, this should be played for by the Under 20s as they do with the Glasgow Cup.

Does anyone really care about the Renfrewshire Cup anymore , even what dingy team we play in the semi or where, this should be played for by the Under 20s as they do with the Glasgow Cup.

totally agree, the renfrewshire cup is a joke and potential injury nightmare for our first team, let the lads play for it to gain experience and showcase their talent

totally agree, the renfrewshire cup is a joke and potential injury nightmare for our first team, let the lads play for it to gain experience and showcase their talent

It would be good to see the team filled with the youngsters promoted to the main squad from the U20s this year, guys like Williams, Brown, Hughes, Yaqub. See how they get on.

We always play the u20's in the semi...

The final is a first team pre season friendly. Not really understanding why it's a joke? Are all friendlies a joke or just this one?

We always play the u20's in the semi...

The final is a first team pre season friendly. Not really understanding why it's a joke? Are all friendlies a joke or just this one?

it is a matter of opinion, that was my opinion, no need for you to question it, post your own opinion and leave others to theirs

it is a matter of opinion, that was my opinion, no need for you to question it, post your own opinion and leave others to theirs

Questioning people's opinion is what a forum is all about :lol:

So is your problem with friendlies or with this particular friendly?

Questioning people's opinion is what a forum is all about lol.gif:

So is your problem with friendlies or with this particular friendly?

i agree it's what this forum is all about,but it would be so much better if people just post their own opinions and others agree or disagree without adding wee laughing smileys and acting as if they are right and everyone else is wrong,whilst still not posting an opinion.

an ideal answer from you would have been - " i dont agree with that,my opinion is the renfrewshire cup is worthwhile as a pre season game for the first team"

i agree it's what this forum is all about,but it would be so much better if people just post their own opinions and others agree or disagree without adding wee laughing smileys and acting as if they are right and everyone else is wrong,whilst still not posting an opinion.

an ideal answer from you would have been - " i dont agree with that,my opinion is the renfrewshire cup is worthwhile as a pre season game for the first team"

What a bizarre exchange this has become.

You said you thought the Renfrewshire Cup was a joke. I'll ask again, do you think all friendlies are a joke or just this one? If just this one, which I'm assuming you mean, why?

This is actually one of the best friendlies for the club. There's always a relatively big crowd, so we get a decent pay day every other year, and it's competitive compared to our other friendlies so the players get a good work out.

Would you rather we played nothing games against Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath? Or would you rather we played no friendlies at all?

Yir wrang lol.gifbye1.gifpunk.gif

What a bizarre exchange this has become.

You said you thought the Renfrewshire Cup was a joke. I'll ask again, do you think all friendlies are a joke or just this one? If just this one, which I'm assuming you mean, why?

This is actually one of the best friendlies for the club. There's always a relatively big crowd, so we get a decent pay day every other year, and it's competitive compared to our other friendlies so the players get a good work out.

Would you rather we played nothing games against Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath? Or would you rather we played no friendlies at all?

i think the team play all games in a competitive manner (players will want to do their best in every game to help their claim for a first team place) the renfrewshire cup final is too competitive in that there is more chance of injury when there is basically nothing at stake (only 2 teams have a realistic chance of winning it) the first game of the season could end in injury problems for some players but there are league points at stake

Wee bit surprised that there is no games planned for St Mirren Park when you think the likes of Man City and Fulham are in Scotland on tour.

The pitch has had a lot of heavy work done on it this summer, not quite ready to host a match yet.

The pitch has had a lot of heavy work done on it this summer, not quite ready to host a match yet.

I think Brian Caldwell has already made a statement about the reasons for us not having any home friendlies. Did he not say that Local Police resources are stretched with extra officers on duty at the commonwealth games. The commander in charge made the request, as far as I'm aware.