The Future`s Bright !

What a success story our training complex at Ralston has been. We've went to producing one first team player every few years to producing two or three every season.

Great to see it being recognised as the third best in the country.

Really impressed with this. I had no idea of the number of lads involved and actually thought we were only talking about a couple of dozen. It really does look mighty encouraging. That piece of possession play was lovely to watch. They looked very comfortable on the ball. Hope the big team pick up a few tips.

Really impressed with this. I had no idea of the number of lads involved and actually thought we were only talking about a couple of dozen. It really does look mighty encouraging. That piece of possession play was lovely to watch. They looked very comfortable on the ball. Hope the big team pick up a few tips.

I wid rather have a Billy Stark type get the ball at the start of the sequence, waltz FORWARD , release the ball to a McGarvey type who then blasts the ball into the opposition net.

No need for that amount of nonsensical passing. ( not going to score every time )

Hearts players were probably snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif as well as the fans.

TIPPY TAPPY SHITE FITBA !!! snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

What a success story our training complex at Ralston has been. We've went to producing one first team player every few years to producing two or three every season.

Great to see it being recognised as the third best in the country.

This is exactly what we need. Slow steady progress beginning to bare fruit.

This success bodes well for the future of our club on the park & financially as no doubt in times to come one or two 'gems' will command a good transfer fee at some point.

It's quite often the behind the scenes stuff that followers of first team action don't see that will provide a good future foundation for the club.

The future does indeed appear bright.

Edited by whydowebother

I wid rather have a Billy Stark type get the ball at the start of the sequence, waltz FORWARD , release the ball to a McGarvey type who then blasts the ball into the opposition net.

No need for that amount of nonsensical passing. ( not going to score every time )

Spain won three major championships on the trot playing the tippy tappy

snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

No argument there Shull, but teaching young players how to keep possession and how to pass the ball is a must whistling.gif

Nothing wrong with learning how to pass and keep possession ( Hammarby )

But it is criminal as an entertainment to play continual passes between the midfield, defence and goalie for what seems, hours on end. snore.gif

There's room for both. There aren't many like Stark or McGarvey about. Billy had a touch of class and a nice body swerve. Frank had a nose for goal but by God he worked hard too. Not giving away possession seems to be the way it has to be nowadays. Nobody is going to score every time.

There's room for both. There aren't many like Stark or McGarvey about. Billy had a touch of class and a nice body swerve. Frank had a nose for goal but by God he worked hard too. Not giving away possession seems to be the way it has to be nowadays. Nobody is going to score every time.

FFS, just get the ball and f*cking attack without stopping and giving it back to the Goalie who gies it to the full back then centre half then midfielder then left back then centre half then back to the goalie. snore.gif

PASS FORWARD AND DAE SOME DRIBBLING AND ENTERTAIN THE FANS WHO ARE PAYING TWENTY PLUS POUNDS.

That video encapsulates everything about how to develop young footballers to play football..!

They retain possession,

they don't make 'Hit n Hope' passes

They pull the opposition all over the pitch

And when an opportunity arrives its executed ruthlessly......

The hard of thinking on here that criticise this excellent football should keep the f**k away from St Mirren park when these boys are playing!

They need encouragement and support, not the usual whining from people that couldn't kick their own arse

That video encapsulates everything about how to develop young footballers to play football..!

They retain possession,

they don't make 'Hit n Hope' passes

They pull the opposition all over the pitch

And when an opportunity arrives its executed ruthlessly......

The hard of thinking on here that criticise this excellent football should keep the f**k away from St Mirren park when these boys are playing!

They need encouragement and support, not the usual whining from people that couldn't kick their own arse

I agree. The only thing is, I've never been able to kick my own arse so I don't know whose side I'm meant to be on.

This is what it should be all about.

Great to see a solid foundation for bringing young players through. I hope a couple of lads can break through this season as Kelly and Naismith did last term. While it is good to see quality players being brought in from outside and doing a turn for us, there is nothing better than witnessing the development of homegrown talent such as John McGinn.

Well done to all involved, and keep up the good work!