Glasgow City Council

salmonbuddie

Guest TPAFKATS

They're not living in porches or back gardens though are they? They're living on the streets which is why this kind of "street furniture" has appeared.

Homeless people tend to look for somewhere to sleep that that will give shelter, i.e. dry and maybe a source of hot air from city centre buildings. They also tend to do this through the night when most people aren't in office blocks or accessing apartments.

Tony, I'll tell you what, why don't you publish your address online and I'll do everyone a favour tonight and give it out to the homeless in Glasgow letting them know that you are happy to have them come sleep on your doorstep.

Exiledfan is absolutely right. The reason these things are appearing is because no-one wants a homeless person dossing next to their building. Congratulating a city council for removing this kind of street furniture misses the point spectacularly because the council should instead be tackling the fact that people are sleeping on the street by providing more hostels.

Guest TPAFKATS

Stuart, why don't you do the same. Oh that's right, even someone who is homeless has standards and wouldnt want to be in wishaw.

So as an alternative, why don't you f**k off.

Going to guess they were removed because they were 1. dangerous, 2. placed on an adopted road without permission. If it was private property....

Yep probably. However to congratulate Glasgow City Council for doing so is utterly ridiculous.

I suspect that not one of us would want homeless people sleeping near our houses and each and every one of us would take steps to move them on if they did turn up in our street and rightly so. After all having your area plagued by homeless people has a massive effect on the value of the property you have bought as an investment for your family even if the homeless person dossing there is completely harmless and extremely friendly.

If you don't want people putting wee spikes down in places to discourage the homeless from settling there then why not donate large sums of money to the kind of charities that will provide shelter for the homeless rather than just expecting that someone else should tolerate the homeless on their doorstep.

Guest TPAFKATS

Are you really this stupid Dickson?

Yep probably. However to congratulate Glasgow City Council for doing so is utterly ridiculous.

I suspect that not one of us would want homeless people sleeping near our houses and each and every one of us would take steps to move them on if they did turn up in our street and rightly so. After all having your area plagued by homeless people has a massive effect on the value of the property you have bought as an investment for your family even if the homeless person dossing there is completely harmless and extremely friendly.

If you don't want people putting wee spikes down in places to discourage the homeless from settling there then why not donate large sums of money to the kind of charities that will provide shelter for the homeless rather than just expecting that someone else should tolerate the homeless on their doorstep.

Thanks for the confirmation...

I suspect that not one of us would want homeless people sleeping near our houses and each and every one of us would take steps to move

on if they did turn up in our street and rightly so. After all having your area plagued by homeless people has a massive effect on the value of the property you have bought as an investment for your family even if the homeless person dossing there is completely harmless and extremely friendly.

Long may I stay utterly ridiculous.....oh, shit, someone beat me to it.

Edited by salmonbuddie

What I can never understand is why there are homeless people and yet in Glasgow there are loads of streets with a house or two boarded up. .

I passed the old police house in Dalry yesterday( it has been boarded up for years) , you could house about 8 folk in there. .

I blame wee Anxious. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime