Starting 11 V M*rton

Appreciate there is still some transfer activity to be completed (hopefully some players coming in) prior to this game, but thought I'd throw together a strongest 11. No doubt TC will experiment, but I'd go for -

Kello

Naismith Goody MacAusland Kelly

McGinn

Teale McLean Wylde

Marwood

Thommo

I'm predicting a better score than last year... 2-0 Saints.

The starting 11 pretty much picks itself at this moment in time , no real alternatives

Behave yersel.

Imagine 7 players out injured - Kello, Kelly, McAusland, Goodwin, McLean, McGinn and Thompson.

Then we'll still thrash them with:

Ridgers

Naismith

Williams

Plummer

Yaqub

Teale

Hughes

Brown

Wylde

Marwood

Reilly

Strength in depth, knickerwetters, strength in depth punk.gif

Edited to add: although, to be completely fair, here, I've only ever seen Naismith, Teale, Wylde and Reilly play before.

Edited by AllyM

Maybe we could debate when we should make our first substitution ?

Or should Thommo kiss the trophy before passing it along the line ?

Or should this thread be deleted ?

Aye, last yin.

Edited by shull

Appreciate there is still some transfer activity to be completed (hopefully some players coming in) prior to this game, but thought I'd throw together a strongest 11. No doubt TC will experiment, but I'd go for -

Kello

Naismith Goody MacAusland Kelly

McGinn

Teale McLean Wylde

Marwood

Thommo

I'm predicting a better score than last year... 2-0 Saints.

This except Plummer rather than Goodwin at the back.

Starting line up....

Kello

Naismith, plummer, mcausland, kelly

Goodwin

Teale, mclean, mcginn, wylde

Thompson, Marwood

But you never know who tommy will play he sees them day in day out training

Edited by rjh

Starting line up....

Kello

Naismith, plummer, mcausland, kelly

Goodwin

Teale, mclean, mcginn, wylde

Thompson, Marwood

But you never know who tommy will play he sees them day in day out training

Do you really think that wee'll need 12 men to beat them? whistling.gif

This thread really hits home how fragile we are at the minute. An injury to any of our players and we're in trouble! Plus the current starting 11 has both coaches playing in it, far from ideal! Next TC will be pulling on the stripes!

what difference does it make having coaching staff in the park ? Personally I like the idea of what has been done on the training ground being out on the park . Also feel our coaches will give that bit extra given their position , only time will tell.

what difference does it make having coaching staff in the park ? Personally I like the idea of what has been done on the training ground being out on the park . Also feel our coaches will give that bit extra given their position , only time will tell.

I think some people are failing to understand the meaning of the title "player - coach".

It's not ideal to have just TC on his own on the sidelines. Managers need to discuss things with their no2 during a game to come to the best decisions. I can also see conflict arising between the likes of Goodwin/Teale and thompson when Goodwin/teale tell him what to do!

I hope im wrong but I can see all sorts of potential problems with the new set up

Edited by Big Yards

It's not ideal to have just TC on his own on the sidelines. Managers need to discuss things with their no2 during a game to come to the best decisions. I can also see conflict arising between the likes of Goodwin/Teale and thompson when Goodwin/teale tell him what to do!

I hope im wrong but I can see all sorts of potential problems with the new set up

there wont be any problems, the proper hierachy will be in place:-

3rd - player coaches

2nd - manager

1st - Diety

no player coach is going to tell a diety what to do, so no problem.

That comes as a huge surprise to us all......................................

After all we must be the only club in the world with this type of set up..........................................

We did quite well with Andy millen playing every week...

can remember hearts almost winning the title with sandy jardine playing every week

using senior players as coaches is a great idea

in fact I'd go further and just get rid of tommy Craig altogether

Wish you would go further....................like another continent. bye1.gif

I don't think Teale will play that much this season.