Starting 11 V M*rton

Why is he the only youth academy graduate with a few seasons SPL experience under his belt that is interesting no other clubs? (Unlike McLean, McGinn, Naismith and Kelly). I'm fairly neutral on Cheesy. I think he has improved since his return, his form fluctuates between being pretty steady for a few months and then he can have a month where he makes game changing mistakes for a few weeks running. Or, when he is good, he is decent and an alright bottom 6 SPL centre half, when he is off form he doesn't look comfortable at SPL level, and then bounces back to bottom 6 mediocrity soon enough.

This is my view too and it has f**k all to do with the fact that his father is a director, as suggested by another poster.

IMO, we won't progress as a team, until we sort out our central defence.

CH is one position where we need a "class act". Easier said than done though.

This is my view too and it has f**k all to do with the fact that his father is a director, as suggested by another poster.

IMO, we won't progress as a team, until we sort out our central defence.

CH is one position where we need a "class act". Easier said than done though.

It should have been top of the page when it came to signing players

I have no issue with Cheesy and he has improved but he isn't good in the air for his size

Neither are Kelly or Naismith to be fair or i think they could do a job in there

Despite his size Goodie is far better but he is needed in midfield plus he's a bombscare with his hands in our penalty area

This needs to be sorted or it's bottom 2 this season

It should have been top of the page when it came to signing players

I have no issue with Cheesy and he has improved but he isn't good in the air for his size

Neither are Kelly or Naismith to be fair or i think they could do a job in there

Despite his size Goodie is far better but he is needed in midfield plus he's a bombscare with his hands in our penalty area

This needs to be sorted or it's bottom 2 this season

If you look at the team we've got outstanding players in goals (Kello), in midfield (McGinn + McLean) and up front (Sir. Thommo).

Surely, it's worth filling the glaring omission from that list at CH, with the type of player we need, for a couple of years, which could allow us to develop one of your younger players, like Williams.

FWIW, I don't believe Mevjla will be the answer to our problems.

Should be an interesting team selection today. If Plummer doesn't make it, then we'll see Yaqub at LB. I thought he looked good on Tuesday night.

For the record Charlton were very interested last season but hey ho lets keep downing the boy.It doesn,t matter what he does the boo boys only remember his bad games.I personally think you will see the best of Marc this season with a decent centre back beside him.

Were Charlton still interested after sticking 6 past us while he marshalled the defence against them? (Could have been 9 if he wasn't having such a blinder!)

Feel free to point out any "abuse" in recent posts.

You need to be careful there.

You might get a visit from the North Korean Secret Cheesy Police.

You must know by now that only the highest praise of Our Glorious McAusland is allowed on this forum.

Any criticism whatsoever will not be tolerated.

When you look at the starting 11 and the squad in general at the moment it isn't going to be a squad who get near the top 6 again this year. We have some very good players no doubt about that, but given the teams in the division this year we should be aiming for top 6 and building a squad that can achieve it. We've let 10 players leave, some of them were the bigger earners and we've replaced them with guys who are low risk but don't exactly have the fans excited.

I'm not wanting us to go out and waste money but I do feel we could be making a statement of intent if we could bring in some proven players at this level, Clarkson or McFadden for example would be worth a shot and I don't think they would cost the earth. We've been treading water for years now while teams like the fakes and Inverness are top 6 now, I would love us to get there, and this year is a great chance if the club want it.

We will without doubt bring in another 4 players but I hope they are players that get the fans excited

If that is our squad going into the season then I fear for us. Two or three injuries and/or suspensions and we could be in bother. Let's hope Tommy and team have a couple of signings up their sleeves. And the rain today was very much like the B&Q Cup Final at Fir Park in the early/mid 90's.

Competent performance in monsoon conditions.

Unusually, John McGinn had a below par performance but otherwise the team were ok.

We had a few good scoring opportunities but failed to capitalise on them.

All the new boys showed promise despite the pre-season game atmosphere - unusual for a Renfrewshire Cup final game.

If that is our squad going into the season then I fear for us. Two or three injuries and/or suspensions and we could be in bother. Let's hope Tommy and team have a couple of signings up their sleeves. And the rain today was very much like the B&Q Cup Final at Fir Park in the early/mid 90's.

That was sleety snow and the worst ever conditions that i've watched a fitba game in.