Danny Lennon

Talking about his time at St Mirren in The Scottish Sun today.

The guy oozes class and dignity.

He mentions watching the black and white army celebrate after that third goal.

DANNY LENNON - ST MIRREN LEGEND.

The guy is a legend i wrote to him when i was in afghanistan asking if he could send me something out. I recieved a signed shirt a letter from danny and he dedicated the win against hibs to me live on the radio spoke to him when i came back to thank him and he remembered who i was such a nice guy

The guy is a legend i wrote to him when i was in afghanistan asking if he could send me something out. I recieved a signed shirt a letter from danny and he dedicated the win against hibs to me live on the radio spoke to him when i came back to thank him and he remembered who i was such a nice guy

That's great to hear.

I met Danny at Ralston after my Brother organised with him to get a Shirt signed by all the Players and Backroom Staff.

Absolute Gentleman and was a credit to St.Mirren.

Took the time to speak to me and not just hand me a signed shirt,(Or get someone else to do it) the personal touch was much appreciated.

St.Mirren Legend is Danny. notworthy.gif

Danny, Thommo', Teale and McGregor were brand-new when I managed to get some signed prints done for BuddieinEK's dementia care group. Top drawer - as was Craig Samson who saw me in the car park trying to find the way in, and took me through for a cup of tea.

Danny subsequently, through a third party, approached me to do a montage of players pics for the training complex. I did the work, and he got me a Saints rain jacket for my time and effort doing the pics. That's the way I work too - if someone does me a favour, I get them a box of chocs' or a bottle of wine - something.

It's the way some people don't work though.

Danny, Thommo', Teale and McGregor were brand-new when I managed to get some signed prints done for BuddieinEK's dementia care group. Top drawer - as was Craig Samson who saw me in the car park trying to find the way in, and took me through for a cup of tea.

Danny subsequently, through a third party, approached me to do a montage of players pics for the training complex. I did the work, and he got me a Saints rain jacket for my time and effort doing the pics. That's the way I work too - if someone does me a favour, I get them a box of chocs' or a bottle of wine - something.

It's the way some people don't work though.

I made you look a sensational golfer a few years back, and still don't have my bottle of wine!

We won't mention the bottle of malt, Costello tickets, SMFC car stickers....

Edited by Drew

Talking about his time at St Mirren in The Scottish Sun today.

The guy oozes class and dignity.

He mentions watching the black and white army celebrate after that third goal.

DANNY LENNON - ST MIRREN LEGEND.

No doubt he is a Saints legend.

No excuse to be buying the Sun though.

I made you look a sensational golfer a few years back, and still don't have my bottle of wine!

We won't mention the bottle of malt, Costello tickets, SMFC car stickers....

You bought me enough coffees at the van during the season though! The odd Kit Kat would have been appreciated though. Miserable chunt! lol.gif

Danny Lennon has kept in touch with me and my two sons ever since my son made a video before the famous victory over Celtic at hampden. He is a Gentleman in the true sense of the word. He had my boy at Ralston to meet the squad and he presented him with a signed cup final top worn by one of the players at hampden.

We got pics with Danny and all the players and were made to feel most welcome by everyone.

Even after he lost his job the man remembered my younger sons birthday and sent him a gift to our home. Class dignity and humility, the man is and will always be a St Mirren legend.

Former St Mirren boss Danny Lennon is looking to return to management but admits his chance may not arise until the end of the year.

St Mirren chose not to renew his contract at the end of last season despite the 45-year-old delivering the Scottish League Cup to Paisley just 12 months earlier.

Lennon, who previously had a two-year spell in charge of Cowdenbeath, was linked with the vacancy at Hibernian before former Celtic defender Alan Stubbs was installed as Terry Butcher's successor.

Speaking to Sky Sports News he said: "Unfotunately, in this game people have got to come out of a job before one becomes available.

"They always say that October to December is the time of the season that that happens so I think it is very important that, with the passion I have for the game, that from now until an opportunity arises I keep myself active.

"I have to go out and do personal development, and see what new trends are out there and make sure I keep up to date with them.

"Right now I have the opportunity to do those things, going abroad etc, that perhaps I wouldn't have been able to do if I was still in a job. This is an opportunity for me to make sure I use this time worthwhile."

JJ McG was at parkhead and was waiting for his lift home.he was standing outside the main door at parkhead when Danny came out and took him inside.

Upon hearing JJ's story Danny offere to give JJ a lift back to Paisley on the team bus

Danny,Thank You and you ARE a Legend