Golf - The Open 2014

shull

Guest TPAFKATS

The wife said to me on Wednesday night that McIlroy looked a great bet at 5/2 to finish in the top ten. Needless to say i ignored her advice.

Only half time, esp the way McIlroy's form is ;-)

Aye,on a good day. I can remember you hitting the green on 1 from the 1st tee at Barshaw many years ago whistling.gif

You mean hitting the green in 12? Sheesh, I was the new Sam Torrence .

PS You're right enough, it hit off your heid and straight onto the green, unfortunately the 18th green.

Edited by faraway saint

Bob Torrance, (82), Sam's dad has passed away.

Sorry to hear that. I played Routenburn a bit in the 70's and early 80's and met him. Didn't know him well but he came across as a real nice guy. In the early 80's I flew to Belfast nearly every Sunday night and i regularly saw Bob dropping Sam off at Glasgow airport to fly off to London to start his journey presumably to wherever the next tour match was. Sam always had a huge amount of gear with him including, oddly enough, a big set of golf clubs.

Return of the Rory. Surely he can't throw this one away...

Hope you're right. He had that poor little spell but he worked through it. I would love to see it as there isn't a Scotsman in contention although Marc Warren and Stephen Gallacher have done well. Would be delighted if one of them did win although I can't see it.

Just turned TV on. Looks exactly like the sort of miserable conditions we can all identify with! Aye, I well remember my thirty five years membership at Lochwinnoch in those conditions. Out in a medal trying to keep everything dry, but you can't. Then you blow up with a no-return at the Par 5 sixth hole, but have to keep going to mark your playing partner's card. Wet, miserable, no-return, score fcuked, cold, with another three hours of shite ahead of you...

Ah, the old days.

You mean hitting the green in 12? Sheesh, I was the new Sam Torrence .

PS You're right enough, it hit off your heid and straight onto the green, unfortunately the 18th green.

Straight from the 1st tee to the putting green next to the car park thumbup2.gif

Dreadful decision.

5 hours of play cut off, more time in the beer tent though......

Correct decision! Utterly chucking it down at 5pm and as Hazel Irvine just said, players (including Rory) would be on the back nine, and would now be walking in. Lightning is in the air and TV cameras are coming down!

Best to enjoy your beers mate!

Majestic from McIlroy today, surely he'll win it from here, wouldn't want anyone to lose it from here, would take a long time to get over that.

Well I am hoping he wins for 2 reasons, he has the same name as me thumbup2.gif and I have a fiver on him at 18 to 1 drinks_cheers.gif

Correct decision! Utterly chucking it down at 5pm and as Hazel Irvine just said, players (including Rory) would be on the back nine, and would now be walking in. Lightning is in the air and TV cameras are coming down!

Best to enjoy your beers mate!

15 minutes or real heavy rain. Bone dry now

I'm sill down here at the course.

Edited by davidg

I think they made the right decision about the double start yesterday. If I'd been there I would probably be a bit miffed, I admit.

Rory played well and although it looked for a while like he would be pushed he kept his head. I thought Rickie Fowler and Dustin Johnson both kept playing a swashbuckling game when they might have been better settling for staying within a shot or two of Rory. Sergio played really well and deserved a break or two. The Rory of a few years ago would have swashed his buckle a bit too but he has learned the hard way. I think he will keep calm and will today join Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods to become only the third golfer to have won three majors by the age of 25. Northern Ireland loves its sporting heroes and Rory is one already but he'll be approaching god-like status when he brings the Claret Jug home.